: 06 5 to 6 lug for rims

AnthJC
08-19-08, 11:21 PM
how can i convert my 5 lug wheels to a 6 lug so i can put these 6 lugs chrome rims on my car. i dont need any high performace. i just need 6 lugs...can anyone help me...thanks

i want to put these vouge c7 6 lugs on my car and its 5 lug STS 06

dkozloski
08-19-08, 11:51 PM
Change all the running gear stuff for STS-V. This is a super expensive modification.

ewill3rd
08-20-08, 08:27 AM
You'd have to replace all the hub$ $$$$$$$$$$!
Not even sure how compatible this would be, I'd imagine it shouldn't be an issue as far as fit, just expensive.

dkozloski
08-20-08, 11:50 AM
Alternately, depending on the alloy the wheels are manufactured from, you could have all the existing mounting holes welded up and remachined by a good machine shop. This wouldn't cost more than a couple of thousand bucks.

Dr. Design
08-20-08, 12:35 PM
Thats a lot of work and $$. Have you looked to see if there is another rim like that in a 5 lug? I am sure there are other companies that have wheels that look like theirs...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Cliff8928
08-21-08, 02:49 AM
how can i convert my 5 lug wheels to a 6 lug so i can put these 6 lugs chrome rims on my car. i dont need any high performace. i just need 6 lugs...can anyone help me...thanks

i want to put these vouge cv7 6 lugs on my car and its 5 lug STS 06

You would only have to change the hubs and rotors at a minimum. The stock calipers may work with SRX rotors. *if* you have the larger brakes. If not, you would need parts from either a STS V8 or SRX.

Oh, and the 6-lug hubs cost LESS than the 5-lug hubs.