: Anyone have set of new Stock Cradle Bushings?

VDiddy
08-19-08, 03:33 PM
I'm running the BMR solid bushing spacers and the vibration is ruining my experience with the car. I really want to put the GM "fix" bushings back in. The Specter bushings are very hard and expensive... not sure that's the best choice. Any other advice is appreciated for those who have had this problem.

rand49er
08-19-08, 04:20 PM
Specters are probably about the same hardness. But, vibration?

What vibration?

lollygagger8
08-19-08, 04:27 PM
Ya what vibration? The BMR bushings I have made the car feel better than the stock bushing, and didn't vibrate!

Twitch
08-19-08, 04:44 PM
I never liked the Specter bushings.....till I got them.
If your paying for a product, your not getting much.
But if your paying for results,,,,well, I would have payed much more.
Some diff noise, but no vibration.

VDiddy
08-19-08, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, I have a Madman rear-end, probably should have mentioned that. The 9" is very noisy and the driveshaft couplings are all solid. I'm thinking I can reduce the noise by eliminating the solid cradle bushings.

atdeneve
08-20-08, 10:28 AM
The Madman Rear-End alone should eliminate any wheel hop and, thus, likewise, the need for any supplementary wheel hop bushings. Just leave the bushings out all together if you feel that they are the cause of your vibration. But from your other thread, it doesn't seem like the bushings are the likely cause of your problems...

You said yourself that the vibration only occurred after fitting the Madman rear-end (Parker's, right?). Seems like somethings tweaked.

If I were to forgo the BMR bushings in favor of an alternative set, I'd definitely skip the GM TSB bushings and go with the Specter bushings. It's no secret that the TSB bushings not only did jack for wheel hop, but squeaked incessantly. So unless you wanna be lubing them every two weeks to prevent the squeaking from making you go crazy - in addition to still having the vibration, which you somehow believed to be caused by the bushings - I'd look elsewhere.

As mentioned above, the pieces of poly or delrin Specter bushings are ridiculously overpriced for what they are. However, you're paying for what they do and what they deliver and the price is on par with the results that they deliver. But then, again, some have found equally great results with the $17 method, so...

Of course, that shouldn't even be an issue with you, since you have one of the few uber anti-wheel hop solutions out there. So, if you're looking to get rid of the BMR bushings, just take em out. No need to stuff anything back in there. Once you find you still have the vibration, just toss em back on. Finito.