: Installed my new UUC Motor mounts!!!

STAGEUP
08-18-08, 11:04 PM
First of all, I'd like to thank my wife, and Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. I wasn't able to make the order for the mounts myself due to some techinical difficulties. :hmm:

Anyway, I finally got around to getting them installed. My factory mounts were pretty much CRAP! The drivers side mount was leaking fluid, and was totally split in half. My engine was rocking back and forth like a boat in the middle of the Atlantic at idle. :bonkers: My engine would also make me feel like I was going through aftershocks in southern California when I would turn it on and turn it back off. :bonkers: So yea, I knew what I was dealing with, broken GM mounts. :nono:

So I installed them this past Saturday. Took about 4 1/2 hours in 105 degree Arizona weather. My wife was also there under the car with me assisting with the V's surgery. :histeric: The install went rather smooth. The worst part was working with the limited space between the V's chassis, and LS6 block. Other than that, this job can be done easily in the typical garage. I used my airtools just to make my life easier though.

Now for the important part. Driving impressions. :cool2: My wife and I decided to hit the streets Saturday night to get a feel of the new mounts. I honestly expected to get a lot more vibration after the install. To my surprise, it feels as smooth as it did when I had just got my V! No more ratterling at engine start up! Just the typical light engine vibration at shutdown that is now hardly noticable. My car now feels a lot more solid, a lot more responsive, and just has more of a "positive" pull to it when I get into the throttle.

Now for the bad thing about having these mounts. Traction is pretty much gone. Power gets to the ground so much faster, that my 275 Nittos Invos just cant even keep up! So yea, now I got to deal with traction issues. :histeric: But is that really a bad thing? :hmm:

Conclusion, I AM 110% SATISFIED!!! TIME TO WHOOP SOME MUSTANG BUTT AT THE DRAG STRIP!!!!! :cool2:

Here are a few pics...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03132.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03134.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03141.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03145.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03148.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03161.jpg

STAGEUP
08-18-08, 11:08 PM
Our pittbull also helped! :histeric:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03150.jpg

And my wife doing the final touches.. Haa

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03164.jpg?t=1219112111

Naf
08-19-08, 05:07 AM
You got your wife involved? You are cruel....I feel guilty when i ask my Gf to wash my car(s)...

Glad to hear you are happy with your mounts, i will be installin mine once i put a few miles on the car...

Dont forget the tranny mount and PLEASE get some headers...You will cut down on engine bay temps BIG TIME...

urbanski
08-19-08, 05:19 AM
gearhead wife ftw!

ewill3rd
08-19-08, 07:31 AM
Glad to hear you ar enjoying them!
I just got a new helper in the shop, a female!
She seems pretty smart.

As for my wife... she can barely stand listening to my car stories, forget about lending a hand in the driveway.
When I had long hair, she would barely come outside to help me get my pony tail out of the wheel of my creeper :lol:
(yes it hurt)

The only thing hotter than your woman helping you work on your car is a girl on a motorcycle. :drool:
(helping you work on your motorcycle is also hot)
:lol:

Twitch
08-19-08, 08:03 AM
Looks like you didn't have to remove the starter. Did you remove the cat on the drivers side?
Just got mine done under warrenty, but I will be upgrading at some point.

Tony

BTW you did get her some beers, right?

atdeneve
08-19-08, 10:48 AM
Your wife's cool.

Yes, TBJS, the wife is in possession of the cool.

lollygagger8
08-19-08, 01:40 PM
How did you lift the engine? <- with a board across the oil pan and just jack it up? Did it come with decent instructions, or did you just figure it out? I want to install these and want to know what I'm getting into.

You have a pretty freakin cool wife! And the pitbull looks scary! lol

heavymetals
08-19-08, 03:02 PM
I bought the whole set from Luke even though my warranty is still good for another 6 years! :bonkers:

peter simov
08-19-08, 07:45 PM
any one know where i can get this done in il

darkman
08-19-08, 08:01 PM
I bought the whole set from Luke even though my warranty is still good for another 6 years! :bonkers:

Me too. I wonder what that means?

heavymetals
08-19-08, 09:09 PM
It means that the hook is set so deep in my cheek I am game for just about any mod. :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
08-20-08, 12:37 AM
Your wife's cool.

Yes, TBJS, the wife is in possession of the cool.Yes, you are correct. Wifey is VERY cool. And from what I see, pretty cute as well...:duck:

JonCR96Z
08-20-08, 12:50 AM
Yes, you are correct. Wifey is VERY cool. And from what I see, pretty cute as well...:duck:

Very possible.

Post some scantily clad pics of her in the big thread ;)

JonCR96Z
08-20-08, 12:52 AM
It means that the hook is set so deep in my cheek I am game for just about any mod. :thumbsup:

You should do heads and cam. I hear it can make more power than a maggie, but in conjunction with your existing maggie can make the earth spin off its axis. :highfive:

Jon

heavymetals
08-20-08, 01:28 AM
I said "just about any mod".

I ain't stupid.

I will do heads, cam and pistons and rods and crank when I blow it up or it breaks.

Then I will slap on a 122.

STAGEUP
08-21-08, 07:54 PM
For those that asked, yes, I used two 12" 2x4s to lift the engine with. Worked great. :)

I've had the mounts in for almost a week, and I have to say, why didn't GM put these in from the beginning? The car is just an animal now when it comes to dropping the throttle in the first 4 gears! I LOVE MY CAR AGAIN!!!

Thank you for the kind words about my beautiful wife. Im very proud to have a woman like her in my life. I could never ask for anything more! She loves to wrench on cars, she loves to drag race her Trailblazer SS, loves me soooo good, and is a GREAT cook! Oh yea, she is best at everything else too! If ya know what I mean. ;) We make a great couple since Im 6'4, and shes 5'10, so we match up well. Here we are at a party, sorry for the crappy phone pic...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/IMAGE_159.jpg

heavymetals
08-21-08, 08:06 PM
Looks like one of my mounts spit its fluid all over my pan under the car.

New mounts are going in monday (warranty).

I might get to use those new ones earlier then I thought.

JonCR96Z
08-22-08, 12:39 AM
Very possible.

Post some scantily clad pics of her in the big thread ;)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/IMAGE_159.jpg

Hmm, I thought I said scantily clad? Though, except for you that one isn't bad. :devil:

thebigjimsho
08-22-08, 01:40 AM
For those that asked, yes, I used two 12" 2x4s to lift the engine with. Worked great. :)

I've had the mounts in for almost a week, and I have to say, why didn't GM put these in from the beginning? The car is just an animal now when it comes to dropping the throttle in the first 4 gears! I LOVE MY CAR AGAIN!!!

Thank you for the kind words about my beautiful wife. Im very proud to have a woman like her in my life. I could never ask for anything more! She loves to wrench on cars, she loves to drag race her Trailblazer SS, loves me soooo good, and is a GREAT cook! Oh yea, she is best at everything else too! If ya know what I mean. ;) We make a great couple since Im 6'4, and shes 5'10, so we match up well. Here we are at a party, sorry for the crappy phone pic...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/IMAGE_159.jpgAbsolutely stunning!!! A lucky man you are...

heavymetals
08-26-08, 10:13 PM
Lunarx and I went and picked up the V with the new motor mounts.

WHAT A DIFFERANCE!

First chance you get replace those stock POS with the UUC replacement.

darkman
08-26-08, 10:43 PM
Lunarx and I went and picked up the V with the new motor mounts.

WHAT A DIFFERANCE!

First chance you get replace those stock POS with the UUC replacement.
Could you be more specifc about the difference?

heavymetals
08-26-08, 10:58 PM
Less shaking and seems like the xtfr of power is smoother.

No shaking at idle.

The mechanic said both my mounts were cracked.

Something pissed fluid on my garage floor, but he didn't say if one had leaked.

darkman
08-26-08, 11:06 PM
Less shaking and seems like the xtfr of power is smoother.

No shaking at idle.

The mechanic said both my mounts were cracked.

Something pissed fluid on my garage floor, but he didn't say if one had leaked.

Sounds great. I guess I'll have to get mine installed sooner rather than later.

heavymetals
08-26-08, 11:56 PM
I was really taken by surprise at the difference. :thumbsup:

Goes to show you that you do get used to the OEM's getting worse and worse.

My car has 20kmi.

Transmission mount was replaced also.

V-Love
08-27-08, 12:25 AM
Glad to hear you ar enjoying them!
I just got a new helper in the shop, a female!
She seems pretty smart.

Is she one of them hard lookin' greasy girls with short hair?

ewill3rd
08-27-08, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't classify her "looks", but she has long dark hair and is not afraid to get dirty.
Lash met her the other day when he dropped off his car.
She loves cars and works hard, what more can you ask for?

ctsv154
08-27-08, 09:13 AM
A really hot chick that loves cars and works hard!!!!! Thats what!

ewill3rd
08-27-08, 09:32 AM
Well as her supervisor I don't think it would be appropriate for me to look at her in that light, and even worse to do it on the web ;)

I tried to go out with this one girl that was a car NUT a long time ago, she used to help me work on my Camaro, but she wouldn't leave the drug abusing, woman beating, convenience store robbing loser that she was going out with. I was sad to let her go, but the more she hung out with me the worse that loser beat on her.
She ended up married to him, had a kid and then he went to jail.
I actually saw her on my wedding day at the restaurant we went to for dinner and she started crying after she congratulated me, kind of broke my heart.

lollygagger8
08-27-08, 10:01 AM

Hey STAGEUP, where did you put the 2x4's?? Just across the bottom of the oil pan or what?

Oh and hang on tight to that lady of yours...they don't make em like that nowadays! :shhh:

I tried to go out with this one girl that was a car NUT a long time ago, she used to help me work on my Camaro, but she wouldn't leave the drug abusing, woman beating, convenience store robbing loser that she was going out with. I was sad to let her go, but the more she hung out with me the worse that loser beat on her.
She ended up married to him, had a kid and then he went to jail.
I actually saw her on my wedding day at the restaurant we went to for dinner and she started crying after she congratulated me, kind of broke my heart.

Bill, I'd say you made a good decision on leaving, and I'm sure that loser guy is getting :owned: in jail!

Flyboy
08-27-08, 11:16 AM
Stage Up. Flyboy here.......still flying out of Scottsdale. When are you guys going to the drag strip again? I have a lot of time off and want to come and visit you. Thanks

ewill3rd
08-27-08, 11:29 AM
He's probably out by now, I think she divorced him but I don't really have a way to get in touch with her anymore. :(
She got into drugs too... go figure... it kind of fried her brain.

Yeah, looks like he is out and playing drums in a band down in Missouri.
Jodi Guy Cottengim is his name.
Maybe he got is act together, not sure, but he was a loser back then.
I have a newspaper clipping of his arrest in one of my scrapbooks :lol:

terminal Velocity
08-27-08, 12:32 PM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/IMAGE_159.jpgSo Jimmy Fallon owns a V...

lollygagger8
08-27-08, 02:25 PM
He's probably out by now, I think she divorced him but I don't really have a way to get in touch with her anymore. :(
She got into drugs too... go figure... it kind of fried her brain.

Yeah, looks like he is out and playing drums in a band down in Missouri.
Jodi Guy Cottengim is his name.
Maybe he got is act together, not sure, but he was a loser back then.
I have a newspaper clipping of his arrest in one of my scrapbooks :lol:
Tell him when he wants to open for my band, let me know so we can make him look bad!! www.plowband.com or www.myspace.com/plowrocks

groverdill
08-27-08, 02:40 PM
Nice!

oh the car is cool too.

STAGEUP
08-28-08, 12:11 AM
So Jimmy Fallon owns a V...

Sad think is, you're not the first to say that! :crying2:

STAGEUP
08-28-08, 12:13 AM
Stage Up. Flyboy here.......still flying out of Scottsdale. When are you guys going to the drag strip again? I have a lot of time off and want to come and visit you. Thanks

Whats up man! I'll be hitting the track in October! I need to set a new personal best in the V! I will let you know when we plan to go! :thumbsup:

Flyboy
08-28-08, 09:52 AM
Whats up man! I'll be hitting the track in October! I need to set a new personal best in the V! I will let you know when we plan to go! :thumbsup:

Thanks Man

Drop me an email @ piaggiopilot@gmail.com

Appreciate it........

CadzillaTN
08-29-08, 02:25 PM
Im convinced my transmission mount is bad or worn now that they replaced both motor mounts and I still have the shimmy shake on shutdown. Is it liquid filled also? Surely not. Oh well. Would love to have these mounts...and a matching trans mount.....!!!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-29-08, 03:45 PM
$385.00 (for a few more days) and in stock.for any emails I receive over the weekend I will honor the sale price on Tuesday. everybody I here from that has installed these can't believe what a difference a good motor mount can make in the way the car feels.

heavymetals
08-29-08, 08:48 PM
Now you put them on sale, you bastard. :thepan:

HEY GUYS, these are "the BOMB".

I used to have a shake at 80+...gone

I used to have a "death rattle" when I shut it off....gone

I used to have a slight "lurch" taking off....gone

THE SHIFTING has even improved, both on the up and down shift.

No noticeable increase in noise or vibration either.

INSTALL A PAIR and you won't be sorry.

(spring for the transmission mount to!).

Kudos to Luke for putting this deal together..:worship:

CadzillaTN
08-30-08, 03:31 AM
%^@#$^%@# Why cant the dealerships replace our marshmallows with these?? Not even that much more cost than stock, and it would probably save them money via less future visits. If I hadnt paid 2K for an ext warranty, I would buy these yesterday. But at this point the 400 would be better spent on a (UUC) shifter...

damn that lurch too, (in the AM). I get it sometimes and think the mounts are gone again or the clutch is slipping. I just gas it a bit

heavymetals
08-30-08, 03:45 AM
I have the 10 year 100k mi warranty also, and I say screw it, they are that much of an improvement.:worship:

People are gonna be whining like hell when these things get scarce.

lollygagger8
09-08-08, 05:18 PM
Is there anything (besides strut tower brace) I'll need to remove when I lift the engine to replace the stock p.o.s. MM's over to the UUC's??? I'm going to do the headers at the same time, so I'll take the manifolds/cats off obviously. What other areas should I be looking at clearance wise when raising it up?

ewill3rd
09-08-08, 10:02 PM
That is pretty much it I think. Remove the brace and the engine cover if you have one.
Good thinking doing the headers at the same time, with the manifolds off this job is 1000% easier!

DILLIGAF
09-09-08, 12:32 AM
These still on sale Luke?

lollygagger8
09-09-08, 09:50 AM
Here are a few pics...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03145.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03148.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/DSC03161.jpg

Can you just take the engine mount itself (black mount) out, or do you have to take the bracket(s) out as well like STAGEUP did?

I got my UUC MM's and GM headers gaskets in yesterday, so thanks Luke once again!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
09-09-08, 03:28 PM
These still on sale Luke?

sure, still on sale through the end of the week