: Just discovered this board

buickman69
06-09-03, 12:52 PM
This is NICE. :thumbsup:

I've been around for a while but just discovered this new board.
I've just been posting and reading in the Caddy section of the GM board. Last time I checked this was a older/ different style board than this here. These V bulletins are great. All the Buick V8 and Turbo V6 web-sites are using them.

Well, like I said i've been around for a while. I love my STS, bought it new but trying to sell it. I'm an old drag racer from years ago :burn: but slowing down in my old age:banghead: (these smileys are hilarious)

Ran my '01 STS "NEW" and it ran 15.03 @ 94.14 then last week and many miles later it ran 14.90 @ 93.56. Had a full tank of gas and a head wind slowing me down.

I need to sell my STS if anyone is interested check out my ad here:

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1475

Thanks

Brett
06-09-03, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the forum. I sold my GN a few years back and I still regret it.

buickman69
06-09-03, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Welcome to the forum. I sold my GN a few years back and I still regret it.

Thanks, I'm considering selling my GN also. You could have another.

:banana:

Allante North *
06-09-03, 06:43 PM
Welcome buickman69!

I thought you might find us, but it took a few days. I am still interested in meeting up with you at the BG Dragway soon.

Don

BeelzeBob
06-09-03, 10:17 PM
Welcome aboard, BuickMan69! And thanks for signing up.. Actually, we just started this year with vBulletin as our first message board. There are a couple of other Cadillac sites out there that use other boards. You may have us confused. :p I'm glad you found us, though!

Are you getting another Cadillac after the STS is sold? If not, why?

SoundAdvantage
06-09-03, 11:14 PM
Buick man,
If you are slowing down in your old age does that mean you will be in the market for a new Volkswagon beetle SOON ? :spin: Camon Buick man once a Hot Rodder Alway's a Hot Rodder, You need to have a talk with KATSHOT here on the boards and have the best of both worlds.
WELCOME BuickMan

buickman69
06-10-03, 12:38 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Sal, to answer your question about selling the car, (IF I can sell it) I love the car, have really enjoyed it and have several stories for the kill sections.

However my reasons for selling (or TRYING to) is i'm trying to cut down on my finances. These cars are a lot of fun, seems like the aftermarket is picking up for them and the mod research is out there. I would of loved to been able to run some 13s @ over a 100mph to "put-it-on" a couple of turbo'd ricers.:banghead:

I'll NEVER buy another Caddy again. I'm not flaming them at all but their resale value is ZERO. I was pleased with the deal on my car (bought it brand new, 17 miles) only give $44,000 "even" (list $52,000) Over a year and a 1/2 later my $44,000 car is only worth $28,000 :banghead2 I've been in the car business and knew how they was but when I experienced that much of a depreciation "myself" ...NEVER again.:crying2:

A Lexus GS430 is a very comparable car. HP,length, weight, interior space,etc,etc. If i'd have bought one of those at the same time and now have the same miles it'd be worth $36,000. That's resale value :thumbsup: In the future,GOD willing I can afford a new luxury/performance car, it will be between Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes. Just had to be truthful!..you asked. :)

Got 2 friends with '97s STS. They are enjoying theirs also. It's good to have a board and a community for the cars you own and are into. :cool:

Sound Advantage, It's still in my blood (drag racing) but MONEY is and has been my #1 priority for the last few years and now GOD. I just have other priorities these days but the desire is still there. If I can afford it in years to come (GOD willing) I hope to be back in it.

I'm not going to be in line at the soup kitchen or drawing welfare but i've made some BAD financial choices that i'm paying the conciqences (spelling??) for now.

Sal, I clicked a link on Bruce's site and was sent here, I was thinking it was the one for his site but now i'm reallizing it's not.

Thanks for putting this up for us.

North, I'll be around just let me know.

Ronnie

Ralph
06-10-03, 01:25 AM
Hey Ronnie, welcome Dude. As per resale values, well we all realize that Caddies don't hold well. That didn't matter to my stepdad who bought a new white diamond DTS in Feb. He knew the values dropped but he doesn't care, it's the only luxury car he will buy. Speaking on values, well sometimes it evens out because I got his low mileage '91 Fleetwood and I was offered over 22,000 dollars for a 12 year old car!! (Canadian worthless dollars mind you) So I guess it all depends on the mileage and condition. I've noticed that domestic cars tens to sink fast, then hold even after a few years. Imports like Honda and Toyota are the opposite and hold at first, THEN sink pretty good also. Values don't really matter to us because we tend to keep our cars in my family for 10+ years.;)

Katshot
06-10-03, 09:26 AM
Hey Ronnie,
Sounds like you got Cadillac's number alright. Resale DOES suck, no doubt about it. That's why "pre-owned" Caddy's are such a great deal. I personally, would suggest an LT1-powered Fleetwood for you. You can get them cheap, there's a lot of performance mods possible, and I truely believe that a clean one will now "appreciate" in value, or certainly hold it's own. I can understand you having new priorities in your life, God or whatever. Good luck to you.

BeelzeBob
06-10-03, 11:12 AM
Yes, pre-owned does seem the way to go when buying a Cadillac. I think I may pick up a '96 ETC for around $10k this Fall. Nice Winter car, nice performance, killer looks - killer price. :D

As for the GS430.. Do you realize how well that car performs? It doesn't handle for ass - it rides as smooth as butter - it's classy - and fast as hell... A good choice... Thanks for being honest. :)

elwesso
06-10-03, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
Hey Ronnie,
Sounds like you got Cadillac's number alright. Resale DOES suck, no doubt about it. That's why "pre-owned" Caddy's are such a great deal. I personally, would suggest an LT1-powered Fleetwood for you. You can get them cheap, there's a lot of performance mods possible, and I truely believe that a clean one will now "appreciate" in value, or certainly hold it's own. I can understand you having new priorities in your life, God or whatever. Good luck to you.

:excited: :banana: :worship:

Get the fleetwood..... You wont regret it.... more reliable than northstar, and the last of the real caddys........

elwesso
06-10-03, 04:34 PM
And when I do get a cadillac (i cant be a moderator and an ININITI owner on here forever), I will only buy used..... Personally, if you can find a car with 1000 miles that has been used, that can take a TON right off the top for an essentially new car..... People that live up at my lakehouse bought a 2001 BMW 740iL, it had like 5000 and he paid somewhere like 50k, new their like 75 or 80.......

Ralph
06-11-03, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by elwesso
And when I do get a cadillac (i cant be a moderator and an ININITI owner on here forever), I will only buy used..... Personally, if you can find a car with 1000 miles that has been used, that can take a TON right off the top for an essentially new car..... People that live up at my lakehouse bought a 2001 BMW 740iL, it had like 5000 and he paid somewhere like 50k, new their like 75 or 80.......

Don't forget that when you buy used, you already lost some of the warrenty, I know that doesn't matter to some, but there is still NOTHING as sweet as a new car! My dad had a chance to buy a 2002 used whitediamond deville DTS for 5,000 cheaper, but he said he already lost one year warrenty! 75 or 80 U.S. for a new 7 series, I can see that because they are 100,000 here!

elwesso
06-11-03, 10:03 AM
But lets say you buy it with 5000 miles....... About the least amount of time you can put 5000 miles on is a few months, and it could be anywhere from that to a year...... And if you drive a lot, you could make up for the time lost.......

You choose- 20k more for a new car, or 1 year less on the warranty..... Ill take the less 1 year, because i would most likely get an extended warranty when the factory one runs out anyway !!!!!!

Katshot
06-11-03, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Don't forget that when you buy used, you already lost some of the warrenty, I know that doesn't matter to some, but there is still NOTHING as sweet as a new car! My dad had a chance to buy a 2002 used whitediamond deville DTS for 5,000 cheaper, but he said he already lost one year warrenty! 75 or 80 U.S. for a new 7 series, I can see that because they are 100,000 here!

Ralph,
Think REAL hard and I think you'll see that your statement makes no sense. If anything happened during the first year, it was fixed. If nothing was fixed, chances are it's because nothing happened. So what possible difference would it make WHO owned it during that first year? :rolleyes:

elwesso
06-11-03, 06:14 PM
As long as they took it to the dealer for free fixin's, then there would be nothing to worry about........ If they neglected it, eh, you still have 3 more years on the warranty......

Its almost a win-win situation!!!

Ralph
06-12-03, 12:43 AM
I understand, and I actually tried to convince him to get a newer used one with lower mileage originally. (in fact I found the white diamond one at another dealer and told him about it, even photographed it for him) I do understand about depreciation, don't worry. My dad is the one that did what he did and was pretty much set on a new one. Some people are adament about being the first owner, and it's fine, it's also good for the economy. Personally, I could never afford a new one, and I think they charge too much for an extended warrenty.:rolleyes:

elwesso
06-12-03, 10:59 AM
If they voided the warranty because he did his oil changes, a lot of other peoples warrantys should be voided because of bad independent shops!!