: Got tired of waiting!

MIACTSV
08-18-08, 06:18 PM
I have been on the waiting list for the V2 for almost a year now hoping it would be released by sept as my lease is over in aug, but since there has been very little info from Cadillac on the release date and pricing and from the looks of it the car wont be available until at least Nov I had to lease another car.

At least I made some Money out of it as I was able to sell my spot on the list.

I'll keep coming back to read the latest on this forum as some of you characters here are funny as s**t.:D

CIWS
08-19-08, 07:41 AM
No here offense dude, but GM / Cadillac had been saying publicly that production would not start until September. I realize things change and production times will vary, but that's still been a safe point to calculate from. If you had an Aug lease end date, IMO, you should have been planning for at least 8 weeks of fill in waiting on the V. Although now it may be a few more than that. :)

Dr Chill
08-19-08, 10:14 AM
I too had a hard time waiting until November with my wife's E55 lease up Aug 7. This in combination of being wary of first release vehicles after our experience with the E55, made me defer until model year 2 is out.

I however did not "sell" my spot as #1 on the list. Anyone willing to pay for an early spot with the car being produced in fairly good volumes with very short waiting lists at the dealers, is an idiot.

MIACTSV
08-19-08, 11:29 AM
I too had a hard time waiting until November with my wife's E55 lease up Aug 7. This in combination of being wary of first release vehicles after our experience with the E55, made me defer until model year 2 is out.

I however did not "sell" my spot as #1 on the list. Anyone willing to pay for an early spot with the car being produced in fairly good volumes with very short waiting lists at the dealers, is an idiot.

Well you Know what they say "There's one born every minute".

I actually sold my spot to a local dealer who sells high end and specialty cars and has had alot of people asking for the V2 who are pretty much willing to pay whatever it takes to have one. (some people just have too much money!)

Unfortunately I'm not one of them.:(

MIACTSV
08-19-08, 11:54 AM
No here offense dude, but GM / Cadillac had been saying publicly that production would not start until September. I realize things change and production times will vary, but that's still been a safe point to calculate from. If you had an Aug lease end date, IMO, you should have been planning for at least 8 weeks of fill in waiting on the V. Although now it may be a few more than that. :)

Well I was planing on waiting about a month or so without a car until the V2 was realeased but the dealer couldent tell me for sure when the car was being released they first told me it was being relaeased in the fall now they are telling me its more like winter. I could have rented a POS chevy aveo for about a month but theres no way I'm driving that for 4 months and with my luck they would have given me a yellow one:helpless:

So I drove by a Jaguar dealer and fell in love with the new XF supercharged they gave me a good deal on it so thats what I got. I know its not as fast as the V2 but it's not that slow either. Here are some pictures.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u355/JFORTES74/DSC00961.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u355/JFORTES74/DSC01004.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u355/JFORTES74/DSC00987.jpg

ylwjacket
08-19-08, 12:03 PM
That Jag's a sharp car, nothing to be ashamed of there!

Cadillac Tony
08-19-08, 12:23 PM
I love this whole "Fall vs. Winter" debate- it cracks me up. Fall, Winter, whatever- it's Q4 2008, same as it's always been.

Sometime I don't know why I bother posting here, because I've posted a minimum of 10 times (in several threads, including my own) that start of production is October 20th and cars will arrive early November, yet no one seems to notice.

Is this thing on?

urbanski
08-19-08, 12:49 PM
Is this thing on?

you said on

Torxila
08-19-08, 01:05 PM
I love this whole "Fall vs. Winter" debate- it cracks me up. Fall, Winter, whatever- it's Q4 2008, same as it's always been.

Sometime I don't know why I bother posting here, because I've posted a minimum of 10 times (in several threads, including my own) that start of production is October 20th and cars will arrive early November, yet no one seems to notice.

Is this thing on?

Tony, I hear you, loud and clear! Some people don't READ ALL THE INFO.
On line ordering guide with pricing is Aug 25th, "public car" production AS TONY STATED will commence OCT 20 2008. Units should hit floors about 4-5 weeks later, so in time for Lions to loose on Thanksgiving!

FWIW, they're still screwing with production based "V2" tooling for "Kee-Riced" sakes.
TORXILA

MIACTSV
08-19-08, 01:25 PM

Is this thing on?

Hi Tony, I have read and enjoyed all of your posts you are very knowledgable about the product you sell which unfortunatley is a rarity with salesmen these days. I know GM has said Q4 all along I guess I was being optimistic it would be released at the begining of Q4 and not at the end of it. Because there is a 90 day difference there and 90 days whithout a car in Miami is along time since you have to have one here to get around in.

CIWS
08-20-08, 07:28 AM
That Jag's a sharp car, nothing to be ashamed of there!

:yeah:

Definitely a car I would give consideration to. :thumbsup:

The only thing I'm unsure of right now with Jag is how the Indian ownership will pan out. But there's no way to know that for a few years yet.

CIWS
08-20-08, 07:32 AM
Sometimes I don't know why I bother posting here, because I've posted a minimum of 10 times (in several threads, including my own) that start of production is ^(*&%$ $#@!)( **@!$!^% ^%$, yet no one seems to notice.

Is this thing on?

I'm sorry sir a part of your transmission seems to have become garbled.

;)

RightTurn
08-20-08, 08:01 AM
^^ :lol:

MIACTSV--nice ride. :thumbsup:

Jpjr
08-20-08, 10:26 AM
So I drove by a Jaguar dealer and fell in love with the new XF supercharged they gave me a good deal on it so thats what I got. I know its not as fast as the V2 but it's not that slow either. Here are some pictures.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u355/JFORTES74/DSC00961.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u355/JFORTES74/DSC01004.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u355/JFORTES74/DSC00987.jpg

That is an AWESOME ride.

Kidhummer
08-20-08, 11:01 AM
:yup:

MIACTSV
08-20-08, 11:05 AM
:yeah:

Definitely a car I would give consideration to. :thumbsup:

The only thing I'm unsure of right now with Jag is how the Indian ownership will pan out. But there's no way to know that for a few years yet.

Yeah I guess time will tell how Tata will do with Jaguar so far they seem to be investing alot of money into them.

I was changing the License plate lights on it the other day to the white LED type and I noticed a Ford logo on the lens :(

Jpjr
08-29-08, 08:13 PM
Yeah I guess time will tell how Tata will do with Jaguar so far they seem to be investing alot of money into them.

I was changing the License plate lights on it the other day to the white LED type and I noticed a Ford logo on the lens :(

so how do you like your XF?

after strongly considering the STS-V, the XF is officially my "V2 is priced way too high or i can't get one for 6 months" alternative.

i keep forgetting that the XF has 20 more horsepower than my V1, is lighter and has a much nicer interior + cool electricals.

MIACTSV
08-31-08, 03:05 PM
so how do you like your XF?

after strongly considering the STS-V, the XF is officially my "V2 is priced way too high or i can't get one for 6 months" alternative.

i keep forgetting that the XF has 20 more horsepower than my V1, is lighter and has a much nicer interior + cool electricals.

So far I love it, They seem to have spent alot of time on calibrating the suspension as the ride is great absorbing all sorts of bumps with no problem (which is pretty amazing considering it rides on very low profile 20" wheels) but at the same time it handles great with no body lean whatsoever and very quick steering response. The engine is plenty powerful with 420 hp and its very smooth and linear in its power delivery you cant hardly hear the roots type supercharger, although its not as fast as the V2, AMG or M, for that you will have to wait for the Type R which is due early next year and should have over 500 hp, but still 0 to 60 in 4.9 sec is not too bad. The brakes are also excellent stopping the car from 60 in 108 ft but as all European cars its a black brake dust assault on the wheels. The interior is very comfortable with plenty of leg and headroom (I'm 6'3") but the seats could use more side bolstering if you plan on driving it hard around the corners otherwise they are very comfortable and the quality of the leather on the seats and dashboard is top notch. One more thing before they kick me out of here for writing about Jag and not cadillac:canttalk: the Bowers & Wilkens stereo system is amazing very loud plenty of Bass and Highs as opposed to the Bose in the cadillac which I have heard at the dealer, the Bose is not bad but it just doesn't compare.

Hope this helps with your decision making, I will say however the V2 is a kick ass car.:D

Jpjr
08-31-08, 05:37 PM
So far I love it, They seem to have spent alot of time on calibrating the suspension as the ride is great absorbing all sorts of bumps with no problem (which is pretty amazing considering it rides on very low profile 20" wheels) but at the same time it handles great with no body lean whatsoever and very quick steering response. The engine is plenty powerful with 420 hp and its very smooth and linear in its power delivery you cant hardly hear the roots type supercharger, although its not as fast as the V2, AMG or M, for that you will have to wait for the Type R which is due early next year and should have over 500 hp, but still 0 to 60 in 4.9 sec is not too bad. The brakes are also excellent stopping the car from 60 in 108 ft but as all European cars its a black brake dust assault on the wheels. The interior is very comfortable with plenty of leg and headroom (I'm 6'3") but the seats could use more side bolstering if you plan on driving it hard around the corners otherwise they are very comfortable and the quality of the leather on the seats and dashboard is top notch. One more thing before they kick me out of here for writing about Jag and not cadillac:canttalk: the Bowers & Wilkens stereo system is amazing very loud plenty of Bass and Highs as opposed to the Bose in the cadillac which I have heard at the dealer, the Bose is not bad but it just doesn't compare.

Hope this helps with your decision making, I will say however the V2 is a kick ass car.:D

That was very helpful, thanks. I just saw the XF in one of the car rags I got a few days ago and continue to be impressed with the looks and luxary. I will definitely be getting this car if the V2 falls through. It is a big step up in almost every aspect from the V1.

The R version should be awesome. I wonder how much it will cost now that Tata is calling the shots...

concorso
09-05-08, 08:34 PM
Ive purposely stayed away from the local Jag dealership because of this car. I was absolutely in love with it at the car show. Since the Coupe V is probably a year away, give or take, I have a feeling Id be following the same path as you, getting the XF.

Ford oversaw the development of this car, but how much Ford is actually in it?

Jpjr
09-06-08, 05:12 AM
Ive purposely stayed away from the local Jag dealership because of this car. I was absolutely in love with it at the car show. Since the Coupe V is probably a year away, give or take, I have a feeling Id be following the same path as you, getting the XF.

Ford oversaw the development of this car, but how much Ford is actually in it?

I would say quite a bit, but not in a bad way. Ford had really turned Jaguar around from a product pespective in recent years after bringing in the Aston Martin designer and beefing up quality. It is quite a shame that after all the money they pissed away they had to sell Jag/PAG right when things were starting to look up. Tata got a great deal, although anticipate them making all the same mistakes that Ford made. After all they are the ones trying to manufacture the worlds cheapest car...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_nano

CIWS
09-06-08, 08:32 AM
Someone just pointed this out in another forum. The Jag (XK and XJ) isn't fairing well with expected repair costs. 2nd only to a Dodge Viper. :eek:

Best 10, Worst 10 Cars for Repair Costs

Monday, September 1, 2008

There's more expense to a car than the purchase price
Anyone in the market for a new car this year should factor in a number of other costs, such as the interest rate on the loan, depreciation, reliability, fuel economy and -- not to be overlooked -- maintenance and repair.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/105665/Best-10,-Worst-10-Cars-for-Repair-Costs

orconn
09-06-08, 08:19 PM
For many years I owned Jaguars. I enjoyed their style and performance. But the truth they are not the stand outs in these areas that they once were. Combine decline in the "unique" factor with the fact that Jaguar service has reached astronomical heights in price; hourly rates and parts cost having risen outlandishly,. I doubt I will ever own another. A trip to our local dealer leaves me cold; as though they think "attitude" will sell their product. Mercedes used to take the prize for an unpleasant dealer experience, but Jag is giving them a good run for their money.

concorso
09-07-08, 04:18 PM
Someone just pointed this out in another forum. The Jag (XK and XJ) isn't fairing well with expected repair costs. 2nd only to a Dodge Viper. :eek:

Best 10, Worst 10 Cars for Repair Costs

Monday, September 1, 2008

There's more expense to a car than the purchase price
Anyone in the market for a new car this year should factor in a number of other costs, such as the interest rate on the loan, depreciation, reliability, fuel economy and -- not to be overlooked -- maintenance and repair.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/105665/Best-10,-Worst-10-Cars-for-Repair-Costs

That list is eye opening, but maybe not in the way they intended? The average cost of the cars in the top list must be around $60-70k! While the bottom list is probably closer to $20-30k. I dont expect someone with an SL500 to care about 6g's of expense as much as someone with a Suzuki XL7 would.

I love how they think that factoring in the entire total cost of ownership is a new idea that everyone should adopt this year. :)