: Huge Warranty Hookup - Taking it in for final warranty service - ?'s

CTSV_510
08-18-08, 11:40 AM
I just found the ultimate hookup as far as warranty service goes. With the maggie going on in a couple week and my warranty up in December, I figured I should get in for some final fixes. I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning.

I can basically get anything I want replaced/fixed under warranty. Here is my current list:

-rear differential (whine) & bushings (at least the front bushing is destroyed)
-upgraded rear sub-frame bushings (axle hop tsb)
-hood hinge (slight hood rattle)
-center console armrest replaced (for being loose)

I can't think of aything else that I'd need since I'm not really having any problems.

Anyone have any recommendations of things to have them look at/replace since I won't have to fight to have any of it done? I've read enough on here to know pretty much everything worth replacing, but I've got maggie on my mind :D and it's distracting me so I don't want to forget anything. I just recently had my nav replaced for peeling buttons, so I don't need that.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

The Tony Show
08-18-08, 11:42 AM
I'd skip the rear TSB bushings- they squeak and creak under the slightest load, and you'll need to re-lube them every two weeks to keep them quiet.

odla
08-18-08, 11:44 AM
motor mounts

SuperVeee
08-18-08, 01:46 PM
I'd skip the rear TSB bushings- they squeak and creak under the slightest load, and you'll need to re-lube them every two weeks to keep them quiet.

X2

"(axel hop tsb)" - what a joke - didn't GM even test those bushings? Even if they stopped axel hop dead it wouldn't be worth the noise they put out 2 weeks after they are lubed.

the dealer is putting the original bushings back in mine right now.

Twitch
08-18-08, 02:03 PM
Specter bushings are working great for me.
It'll be a bitch cuz you have headers, but if you can get the motor mounts done, do it.
Do you know if your VIN is in the PCM? You'll need it for the Maggie tuner. Or you can just get it dyno tuned.
I'm sticking with the Maggie tune for now.
Make sure your radiator doesn't have that small leak.

rand49er
08-18-08, 02:12 PM
Might be a stretch, but I had a clutch pedal return spring break (couldn't feel any difference, but found a piece on the floor under my feet). Someone else had it happen, too. You may well be okay, but just trying to exhaust all possibilities for you.

Beyond what's already been listed, that's about it.

CTSV_510
08-18-08, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up on those gm axle hop bushings. I'll cross those off the list.

I had motor mounts and the radiator replaced a few months back, so I'm good there. That is, until the maggie forces me to UUC mounts.

I will be sticking with the magnuson tune initially as well. That way I can keep the initial magnuson warranty, and I'll have a nice mod ready whenever I want!

How will I know if my VIN is in the PCM? Would my tuner that already tuned mine know this? I did read the install instructions several times and noted that warning. It would suck to run into that when I'm all set up to install, but I'd rather not have the dealer reflash my PCM tomorrow and lose my tune for the next couple of weeks.

AirCav
08-18-08, 02:25 PM
Might be a stretch, but I had a clutch pedal return spring break (couldn't feel any difference, but found a piece on the floor under my feet). Someone else had it happen, too. You may well be okay, but just trying to exhaust all possibilities for you.

Beyond what's already been listed, that's about it.Not to hijack, but the same thing happened to me last week. Heard a noise under the dash, looked, there lays part of a spring. Nice.

CTSV_510
08-18-08, 02:43 PM
How will I know if my VIN is in the PCM? Would my tuner that already tuned mine know this? I did read the install instructions several times and noted that warning. It would suck to run into that when I'm all set up to install, but I'd rather not have the dealer reflash my PCM tomorrow and lose my tune for the next couple of weeks.

Ok - can anyone tell me if this will work?

There will be a couple days between when I get the packages from Magnuson and when I actually install it. When I get the package from Magnuson, can I use the superchips tuner on my car to see if I get the VIN error, then if I don't get the error, I can just use the tuner again to swap the programs back to my previous tune so I can drive the car?

That would tell me before the install day if I have the VIN/PCM problem so I have time to fix it if I have to.

AlmostAV
08-18-08, 02:50 PM
Howd you go about getting this hookup, I need a bunch of stuff done too, and would like to know my best route with the least hassle.

CTSV_510
08-18-08, 03:11 PM
Howd you go about getting this hookup, I need a bunch of stuff done too, and would like to know my best route with the least hassle.

The owner of my tune shop is buddies with this service writer. I just had to give him a list and he said ok.

Twitch
08-18-08, 03:13 PM

There will be a couple days between when I get the packages from Magnuson and when I actually install it. When I get the package from Magnuson, can I use the superchips tuner on my car to see if I get the VIN error, then if I don't get the error, I can just use the tuner again to swap the programs back to my previous tune so I can drive the car?

That would tell me before the install day if I have the VIN/PCM problem so I have time to fix it if I have to.
Exactly! I think it says application not supported. If it askes you to tune for perfomance or 89 octane, your good.

CTSV_510
08-18-08, 03:24 PM

Exactly! I think it says application not supported. If it askes you to tune for perfomance or 89 octane, your good.

So you think this is a safe way to test this? I've never used a superchips handheld but everything I've read makes it sound like it just swaps tunes back and forth.

Twitch
08-18-08, 03:53 PM
So you think this is a safe way to test this? I've never used a superchips handheld but everything I've read makes it sound like it just swaps tunes back and forth.
Yes, you can check the codes either way. But it won't let you get into the tune menu. Don't forget to remove the audio fuse.

CTSV_510
08-18-08, 03:59 PM
Yes, you can check the codes either way. But it won't let you get into the tune menu. Don't forget to remove the audio fuse.

Right, ok.

I am so freakin ready for this !!!!

:yup:

Twitch
08-18-08, 04:03 PM
Right, ok.

I am so freakin ready for this !!!!

:yup:
:excited:
Mine should ship out this week.

702CTSV
08-19-08, 09:44 AM
how do the buttons on your Nav look. I heard that some people were getting their Nav units replaced for flaking paint and buttons.

CTSV_510
08-20-08, 07:02 PM
Update:

Just picked up the car.

-new diff
-2 new hood hinges
-center console armrest (on order, will be in on Monday)

My clutch return springs were fine, nav buttons fine, etc.

WOW! Feels like a new car! No hood rattle and NO CLUNK! Since everyone else complains of the driveline/parade clunk I have figured it's totally normal since I got my car in January. With the shot front diff bushing replaced, letting the clutch out is sooooo smooth. There used to be a thunk shifting into pretty much every gear that is totally gone now. I'm sure it'll come back eventually, but I had no idea how great this car could feel!

Hill Cadillac in Newtown Square, PA = :thumbsup:

Best news of all = Miss Maggie shipped yesterday and will be delivered Monday just in time for our Labor Day Weekend Honeymoon!!!!! :D

CtsVrod
08-20-08, 08:19 PM
Update:

Just picked up the car.

-new diff
-2 new hood hinges
-center console armrest (on order, will be in on Monday)

My clutch return springs were fine, nav buttons fine, etc.

WOW! Feels like a new car! No hood rattle and NO CLUNK! Since everyone else complains of the driveline/parade clunk I have figured it's totally normal since I got my car in January. With the shot front diff bushing replaced, letting the clutch out is sooooo smooth. There used to be a thunk shifting into pretty much every gear that is totally gone now. I'm sure it'll come back eventually, but I had no idea how great this car could feel!

Hill Cadillac in Newtown Square, PA = :thumbsup:

Best news of all = Miss Maggie shipped yesterday and will be delivered Monday just in time for our Labor Day Weekend Honeymoon!!!!! :D

Unbelievably jealous!! One day, One Day... I wish I could find a hook up with a dealer like you have... I keep fighting with them to fix shit, and when they do they mess something else up instead... Its sitting there now again for the 7th Time!!

Hopefully miss Maggie treats you well!!