: Rear Strut Tower Brace Install

SkullV
08-16-08, 05:06 PM
Does anyone who has done this install have any insight on how to get to the nut closest to the seat on the strut tower? I cant fit anything back there and this should be a simple install!

Thanks

PISNUOFF
08-16-08, 05:33 PM
Same as installing Ground Control. The whole rear seat (seat back and seat cushion) needs to be removed.

darkman
08-16-08, 05:37 PM
Same as installing Ground Control. The whole rear seat (seat back and seat cushion) needs to be removed.

Bingo!

SkullV
08-16-08, 08:39 PM
How did you decide where to cut the carpet?

darkman
08-16-08, 09:28 PM
How did you decide where to cut the carpet?

I had the carpet out of the car. As you know, the molded carpet hugs the inside of the tunk and therefore has a shape that is similar to the bare trunk. This allowed me to do some initial smaller incisions in the carpet based on vertical and horizonal reference points as measured in the bare trunk with the brace installed. After checking the location of the "starter" cuts by reinstalling the carpet with the brace removed I made them larger (and permanent).

SkullV
08-16-08, 09:36 PM
This install has been a pain in my ass. The finished product looks good though. Pics tomorrow!

Naf
08-17-08, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the club...You could have done a search on the forum for how to cut the carpet....I found it useful till my grease monkeys installed it sideways....

Less flex and more crisp turns await you on the next corner...

SkullV
08-17-08, 02:48 PM
Well it's all done and I'm about to head to the track to test it out....this install was the single worst time I have ever had working on a car. I would rather install headers 10 more times then do this once.

PISNUOFF
08-17-08, 05:17 PM
Where are the pics??????

SkullV
08-17-08, 06:00 PM
I figured that I would just post them tuesday with the pictures of the track day. You will get them

atdeneve
08-18-08, 01:09 PM
Wow, was it that bad?

I know I had to drill out the plate holes a bit, since I couldn't get it to slip over both bolts, but other than that.

I never made the cuts in the liner though. I left all the interior trunk bits out, as well as the rear seats. I was still workin on it so. Less weight anyways.

What was snagging you?

SoJersey05V
10-02-08, 11:35 AM
where can i buy one of these? saw one on the FAQ but couldn't find where to buy it.
thanks

also installed pics?????????

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-02-08, 12:15 PM
where can i buy one of these? saw one on the FAQ but couldn't find where to buy it.
thanks

also installed pics?????????

I have one left in stock at $150.00 plus shipping. 703-824-9670, Luke

lollygagger8
10-02-08, 12:56 PM
Ted, (or anybody that has one of these) did it really help handling wise that much??

SkullV
10-02-08, 01:28 PM
Ted, (or anybody that has one of these) did it really help handling wise that much??

I don't really know to be honest. I installed it at the same time as my Hot Sways so it all kind of blended together. The car did perform better overall at the track after the install though.

SoJersey05V
10-02-08, 03:47 PM
I have one left in stock at $150.00 plus shipping. 703-824-9670, Luke

thanks Luke! i will be calling you shortly for that and some of the UUC sale items!

Bueller
10-04-08, 12:18 AM
I have one and it seems like it makes the rear more planted. You won't notice until you really push it in the corners. You can get on the gas a little earlier. If you track your car you will notice for sure.