: I know the factory did not use zip ties.

PeteZourdos
08-16-08, 04:14 PM
My clutch spring broke, so I had the clutch assembaly replaced at the dealer. I got my v back and noticed a wire hanging down so I stuffed it back up there. While I was on my back looking up at the clutch/parking brake I saw this zip tie. I know the zip tie isn't factory. There are springs in there that move everytime you press the clutch. Is this ok? My clutch does make a cracking sound about 20% of the time I let off. Car is still under warranty, 13k miles on it. This is probably not a big deal, but I am very picky about everything.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/petezourdos/ctsvZIPTIE.jpg

YoshiV
08-16-08, 04:52 PM
Not sure what I'm looking at in that pic. I replaced my clutch spring myself because the original broke. The newer spring is a heavier spring and mine makes a crack noise sometimes when I let the pedal back out. Re-checked the spring once and its seated correctly. Greased the spring and it's quieter.

PeteZourdos
08-16-08, 05:02 PM
the zip tie holding together the brown plastic cylinder. there are springs inside the brown thing that move up and down with the clutch pedal. I don't have another v to look at so can someone tell me what should be holding the brown thing together.

JonCR96Z
08-18-08, 05:01 PM
Don't be snooping around down there.:tisk: