: Power Steering Issue?? Hard to Steer! + Ground Control Question

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 03:21 PM
So after the car is nice and warmed up it seems like the Power steering will go out intermittently, making it really hard to steer, unless im moving in a direction. Has anyone else had this problem?? Ive read about the COLD issus, but I live in Cali, and only after driving a while do I start to notice it in parking lots, etc. There is no Whining coming from the Power Steering or anything, just occasionally becomes VERY hard to steer when not moving. It was happening before I installed the GC as well, can be somewhat cumbersome, but I've just dealt with it. Since its gotta go back to the dealer AGAIN (Windshield Molding, Service Vehicle Soon Light) I was thinking about asking them to check out... But I usually try to give them some recommendations on what to look at/fix.

Also for all those with Ground Control, what do you use to adjust your ride height? Spanner Wrenches? Does Ground Control have something, or someone else?

rand49er
08-15-08, 03:23 PM
How's your fluid level?

If it's okay, do search for Cowan480's recent thread. His may have been motor mounts.

My GC kit came with a spanner wrench. Works great!

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 03:29 PM
How's your fluid level?

If it's okay, do search for Cowan480's recent thread. His may have been motor mounts.

My GC kit came with a spanner wrench. Works great!

K I'll check it out... I Was kinda thinking MM mounts too, cause It feels like mine are bad, but the dealer just replaced the rear pinion bushing and said "fixed!" :thepan: So now they might just have to believe me.

Looks like I'm gonna have to put a call into my Mechanic who installed the GC kit, and ask him where my Spanner Wrenches are!!

korizzle
08-15-08, 04:33 PM
K I'll check it out... I Was kinda thinking MM mounts too, cause It feels like mine are bad, but the dealer just replaced the rear pinion bushing and said "fixed!" :thepan: So now they might just have to believe me.

Looks like I'm gonna have to put a call into my Mechanic who installed the GC kit, and ask him where my Spanner Wrenches are!!

ask him for mine too! :thumbsup:

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 04:47 PM
ask him for mine too! :thumbsup:

Just heard back from him... He's got em just need to go get them.

Justin you still need to go get your stock stuff... While your down there, will you pick up my set as well?

korizzle
08-15-08, 04:58 PM
Just heard back from him... He's got em just need to go get them.

Justin you still need to go get your stock stuff... While your down there, will you pick up my set as well?

i would but i picked my stuff up on monday...did he forget the 30 mins i spent there 4 days ago?

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 05:00 PM
i would but i picked my stuff up on monday...did he forget the 30 mins i spent there 4 days ago?

Not to get toooo far off Topic.

I just figured you hadnt yet... Oh well looks like i'll just have to buy some more parts to have him install them so I can go get my Spanner Wrench.

korizzle
08-15-08, 05:04 PM
Not to get toooo far off Topic.

I just figured you hadnt yet... Oh well looks like i'll just have to buy some more parts to have him install them so I can go get my Spanner Wrench.

lol, maybe we can build a trip to burbank into the so cal canyon cruise!

thread jack complete.