: 76 deville 500 upgrades

rnunez76
06-11-04, 04:23 PM
Hey I was wondering if you guys could suggest a good order to do things.
This is all I am planning to do to my lac for performance.

I just had my engine and tranny rebuilt and now want to up it up a little.

I want to
1) Put some headers from mts. and dual 3 inch piping with a x pipe in the middle.
2) change out the cam for either a #5 series or a #10 series cam also from MTS.
http://users.elknet.net/mts/page29.html
3) Since I am going to change the cam I thought I might as well put in the edlebrock performer intake. also

Does that seem that it will give a slight to moderate increase in performance? Should I do the exhaust first or the cam/intake first? are there any other inexpensive things I can do to the motor?
-Thanks

Allante North *
06-13-04, 08:41 AM
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan put together already. I would start with the exhaust, then go for the intake/cam if you feel the need. Good Luck!

davesdeville
06-14-04, 02:18 AM
If you put the cam in first, the stock intake will be the limiting factor. If you put the intake on first, the stock cam will probably be the limiting factor. So you'd make more power sooner with the intake. The headers and exhaust will probably not give you as much more power as the intake and cam, but it should sound cool. These are some pretty good basic mods. For what it's worth, another inexpensive thing to add would be a good nitrous kit, that'd be worth more power than the other mods.

Imprl59
06-14-04, 04:50 PM
I would start with the exhaust. If nothing else it will sound faster :) If you still have a single exhaust now it would be a big bottleneck for any other mods you intend to make. I would do the cam and intake at the same time if you can since so many of the same things have to be removed to change them both.

Steve B.

Mystical_Ice
06-18-04, 03:10 AM
anything you want for a cadillac 500 engine, as far as performance parts go:

www.500cid.com