: CTC-V has been spotted

Silver -V-
08-15-08, 11:33 AM
Left Lane announced the CTC has been spotted and has posted photos -

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-v-coupe.html

After looking at the photos, what stood out to me was how good the stock wheels look in black, and how huge the rotors look.

I also like this quote - "The Mercedes Benz CLK63 Black series, BMW M3 coupe and forthcoming Audi RS5 are officially in trouble."

Florian
08-15-08, 12:04 PM
ahhhh, finally. I can start saving my pennies.

F

dqw1
08-15-08, 12:15 PM
Huge pipes! I would love hear that thing run. This should be a bad-ass V.

lawfive
08-15-08, 03:05 PM
Hot damn!!

*falls to knees and prays*

"Please don't let the rear end look like ass. Please don't let the rear end look like ass. Bless Mommy and Daddy. Amen."

HushH
08-15-08, 03:31 PM
If the back seat is even remotely usable then I may have to rethink things.

RightTurn
08-15-08, 03:39 PM
Whatcha gonna do in the backseat, Sandor?? :D

onebadcad
08-15-08, 03:43 PM
Ubercoupecrusher!!!, I know its one word, but my gramma suks,,,

thebigjimsho
08-15-08, 03:52 PM
Hmmm, in 2 years I'll be 37. Is that too young to have a mid-life crisis??

lawfive
08-15-08, 04:18 PM
Nope.

I've been experiencing mine too late to call it a mid-life crisis. Plus it's been going on for at least the whole four years (this month) that I've had the V1. Now it looks poised to continue for another four years, thanks to Uncles Lutz & Heinricy.

big_tugg
08-15-08, 05:15 PM
gosh u guys make me feel so young...almost my moms and dad age...I guess I can look at that and say I am doing very well for my age

I am having a hard time deciding between coupe and sedan...

lawfive
08-15-08, 05:19 PM
dang kidz...

dqw1
08-15-08, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know if Cadillac hired a company to supply the exhaust system for the 09's or is it being made in house?
Sandor, stay out of the back seat.

HushH
08-15-08, 10:33 PM
Whatcha gonna do in the backseat, Sandor?? :D

:histeric: I wish I could even entertain the thought of getting my old broken-down self in the backseat. As long as I can cram a couple of kids back there then I'm all good.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-16-08, 11:50 AM
Oh sweet Jesus.... :drool:

I hope they give the car a proper trunk though, not a goofy hatchback lookin' thing.

concorso
08-16-08, 11:56 AM
Id actually prefer the hatchback.

concorso
08-16-08, 11:58 AM
gosh u guys make me feel so young...almost my moms and dad age...I guess I can look at that and say I am doing very well for my age

I am having a hard time deciding between coupe and sedan...
There are plenty here that a kids, dont pat yourself on the back just yet. ;)

Sedan if you need it. Coupe will get noticed more. Both will scare the hell out of grandmothers and piss off conservatives.

HushH
08-16-08, 01:23 PM

Sedan if you need it. Coupe will get noticed more. Both will scare the hell out of grandmothers and piss off conservatives tree-hugging liberals.

Fixed it for ya. :D

lawfive
08-16-08, 02:50 PM

Sedan if you need it. Coupe will get noticed more. Both will scare the hell out of grandmothers and piss off conservatives.

Not all conservatives...

Silverspeed
08-18-08, 02:13 PM
Hot damn!!

*falls to knees and prays*

"Please don't let the rear end look like ass. Please don't let the rear end look like ass. Bless Mommy and Daddy. Amen."

Yep, please don't make the rear end look like the standard CTS coupe. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.......

Jpjr
08-18-08, 02:51 PM
for what its worth i was in auburn hills last weekend and parked right next to a brand new ZR1 at TGIF. did not look strikingly different from the Z06 until i got up close and saw the hood.

razl
08-18-08, 03:30 PM

:hmm: I'm a died in the wool "bitter gun and religion clinging" conservative and I drool over the next V. Heck, GM may need to source some wood trim from me at the rate I'm growing it.

Which part of the all-American, segment-eating, class-topping, re-interpretation of 21st century muscle-car whoop-arse that is next gen V do you think us conservatives are going to be pissed off about?

csp3000
08-18-08, 03:53 PM
Wow...........:drool: man this sucks because now I want the coupe but I am first on the list for the sedan...:banghead: I have no idea anymore. Dam you GM..:annoyed:

AmerLux
08-19-08, 10:48 AM
Heck, GM may need to source some wood trim from me at the rate I'm growing it.

Ha!:thumbsup:

concorso
08-20-08, 05:05 PM
:hmm: I'm a died in the wool "bitter gun and religion clinging" conservative and I drool over the next V. Heck, GM may need to source some wood trim from me at the rate I'm growing it.

Which part of the all-American, segment-eating, class-topping, re-interpretation of 21st century muscle-car whoop-arse that is next gen V do you think us conservatives are going to be pissed off about?

I dont think it at all, lol. I was loosely quoting a review by one of the domestic mags, of the Viper when it first came to the market. Substitute 'pissed' for 'peeved'...

HushH, tree hugging liberals won't hate this car, they won't notice it. They only notice gas guzzling SUV's and their Satan-esque owners ;)

1FASTSS
08-20-08, 06:34 PM

No...because in 3 years I'll be 40 and WILL have one for sure!:bouncy:

blunted
08-21-08, 11:35 AM
Ohhh myyy.. what I would give to be the one testing that. :bighead:

gary88
08-21-08, 09:17 PM
The :bling: vents need to go.

93DevilleUSMC
08-23-08, 03:52 PM

Apparently not, because I'm wanting to have said crisis myself in order to justify owning this thing!

In the words of Bruce Wayne to Lucius Fox, "Does it come in black?"

Kidhummer
08-23-08, 08:14 PM
i heard someone say that the coupe might have more hp

RightTurn
08-23-08, 09:13 PM
Sounds like an unimpeachable source for sure.

thebigjimsho
08-23-08, 09:59 PM
Sounds like an unimpeachable source for sure.I'll let you impeach me, RT....

atdeneve
08-26-08, 10:18 AM
I'll let you touch my fuzzy peach. :suspense:

CIWS
08-28-08, 09:20 AM
Rumor mill is saying the CTC-V will be coming with a backup camera standard where the CTS-V will not, due to it's higher rear profile. Anyone else hearing this ?

NormV
10-24-08, 05:28 PM
Looks like the coupe is following a bunch of GM cars like the C7 Corvette and is on hold.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/24/gm-cutting-costs-by-delaying-debut-of-lacrosse-and-cts-coupe/

Norm

AmerLux
10-25-08, 12:04 PM
Boooooo! im holding off buying a VERY well priced 05 V because i dont want to be paying for the V when this comes out. Now it may not be?

Bigron
10-25-08, 09:07 PM
Looks like the coupe is following a bunch of GM cars like the C7 Corvette and is on hold.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/24/gm-cutting-costs-by-delaying-debut-of-lacrosse-and-cts-coupe/

Norm

SERIOUSLY!!!

Did you read the article?
It said they are launching the car in Detroit rather than LA because the cost of hosting guest in LA is higher.
Where did it say the project is on hold?

TaVern
10-25-08, 09:17 PM
With the way the auto-making industry is these days, a delay was inevitable.

Here's hoping it's only a delay.

Bigron
10-25-08, 09:53 PM
There is no delay in production, just when it shows up at the car show.
I prefer when cars are released in Detroit rather than LA or New York.

814V
10-26-08, 03:00 PM
dang i want one of those..

CTSV_510
10-26-08, 03:47 PM
The final design of the CTC-V will undoubtedly look great. And of course it's going to have loads of power.

I just want to know how much it's going to weigh.:pig: