: About to buy my first "V-Bomb"

Notalent
08-15-08, 10:21 AM
Hey everyone! Im new here. I have wanted a V ever since they first came out, but my other hobbies kept me from getting one. Now its TIME :bouncy: I have found a 2004 & 2005 that im ready to pull the trigger on one of them.

The 2004 is a Raven and has 36k miles on it and the 2005 is Silver and has 24k miles. Anyone know what the engine life is on these? Are there any major differences between the two years? The price is right on both cars I just need to make up my mind. I love the Raven, but black does show everything lol.

Any tips or things I should look for before buying one?

Thanks!

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 10:26 AM
No major differences from 2004-2005. Engine life is nothing to worry about. Black is the fastest color and looks best when clean.

"V-bomb"? :nono:

Notalent
08-15-08, 10:35 AM
No major differences from 2004-2005. Engine life is nothing to worry about. Black is the fastest color and looks best when clean.

"V-bomb"? :nono:

I conccur black is by far the nicest. The black one even had blue tooth added and is only $20700. Thats the one im leaning torwards and will probably get the ball rolling by the end of the day.

Whats wrong with V-Bomb? lol

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 10:46 AM
At this point, I would recommend becoming a supporting member of this site (for only $5), and posting both VIN #s in the VIN Sticky thread and comparing the service histories of each car. That will really help you make your decision.

Never heard V-bomb before, and we've had some real characters around here lately... :lol:

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 10:49 AM
Are either of them a CPO (certified Pre Owned) Warranty's are a MUST with these cars. Thats what helped me decide to go with my V... another 60k miles, and 3 years left of warranty.

Notalent
08-15-08, 10:51 AM
At this point, I would recommend becoming a supporting member of this site (for only $5), and posting both VIN #s in the VIN Sticky thread and comparing the service histories of each car. That will really help you make your decision.

Never heard V-bomb before, and we've had some real characters around here lately... :lol:

Where do I go to do that, if you dont mind me asking? I dont mind supporting a good informative community.

V-Bomb is what we call them in Ca and Az lol.

Notalent
08-15-08, 10:54 AM
Are either of them a CPO (certified Pre Owned) Warranty's are a MUST with these cars. Thats what helped me decide to go with my V... another 60k miles, and 3 years left of warranty.

Neither are CPO. The raven is being sold by a private dealer which offers a warrany that I will purchase..just from past expierience buying used cars I would not pass it up. The Silver is a private party, havent spoke to him about warranty yet. Are there alot of problems? I thought the main thing was the rear end? I was going to have Ray currie help me with that though.

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 10:54 AM
Where do I go to do that, if you dont mind me asking? I dont mind supporting a good informative community.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php

There is tons of important info on this site... Especially considering most of the dealers dont know Sh*t about these cars.

If your in the Long Beach Area on the 23rd we are having a Canyon Meet in Calabasas, if you wanna come check out some V's, or if you have yours by then, would be a good place to come check out some mods....

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 10:58 AM
Neither are CPO. The raven is being sold by a private dealer which offers a warrany that I will purchase..just from past expierience buying used cars I would not pass it up. The Silver is a private party, havent spoke to him about warranty yet. Are there alot of problems? I thought the main thing was the rear end? I was going to have Ray currie help me with that though.

Be Carefull of aftermarket Warranty companies.. I've heard some horror stories. If the car is still under factory warranty, you can purchase a GMPP (Factory Warranty) from Cadillac, which is the way to go if there not CPO, cost varies, and you can shop it around to find the best price.

There are not alot of problems... but the rear end is the biggest culprit. Everyone has different little issues, most are minor, but can be costly if your out of warranty.

Let us know what Currie can come up with for the rear end... Many have tried and failed. The best solution so far (without breaking the bank) is the KARS III kit, but there is still some wheel hop. Just dont mash it off the line, and you should be ok.

Notalent
08-15-08, 12:04 PM
Be Carefull of aftermarket Warranty companies.. I've heard some horror stories. If the car is still under factory warranty, you can purchase a GMPP (Factory Warranty) from Cadillac, which is the way to go if there not CPO, cost varies, and you can shop it around to find the best price.

There are not alot of problems... but the rear end is the biggest culprit. Everyone has different little issues, most are minor, but can be costly if your out of warranty.

Let us know what Currie can come up with for the rear end... Many have tried and failed. The best solution so far (without breaking the bank) is the KARS III kit, but there is still some wheel hop. Just dont mash it off the line, and you should be ok.

So I can still get a GMPP if the car is out of warranty? I found this banner on the site and they have good prices.
Cadillacextendedwarranty.com

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 12:26 PM
So I can still get a GMPP if the car is out of warranty? I found this banner on the site and they have good prices.

Im not sure.. I would think that the cost would be MUCH higher if its out of warranty, if its even possible. The lower the mileage the less the cost. There is also different levels of deductibles, and mileage, depending how much you want to spend. Major Guard is the highest level, and includes rental cars, etc.

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 12:27 PM

No, not if you're out of warranty.

korizzle
08-15-08, 12:57 PM

YOU might call it that in az...but WE certainly do not call it that in ca! :thumbsup:

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 12:59 PM
YOU might call it that in az...but WE certainly do not call it that in ca! :thumbsup:

:word:

Notalent
08-15-08, 01:05 PM

Haha..we did in LB and HB :thumbsup::eek:

korizzle
08-15-08, 01:11 PM
Haha..we did in LB and HB :thumbsup::eek:

key word in bold! :bouncy:

Notalent
08-15-08, 01:17 PM
key word in bold! :bouncy:

Haha...Hey I have only been in Texas for a month lol. Anyone know any good shipping companies? Think I pretty much have this thing on lock down...just need to see what it will cost to ship it.

CtsVrod
08-15-08, 01:23 PM
Haha...Hey I have only been in Texas for a month lol. Anyone know any good shipping companies? Think I pretty much have this thing on lock down...just need to see what it will cost to ship it.

Fly out there, and pick it up... The Drive back can be a great "Bonding" Experience.

Speedogomer
08-15-08, 01:35 PM
I just got my V a week ago. 2004, CPO, 36K miles, Black, $23K. So far I love it, but it is a bugger to keep clean, this is my second black car, so I knew what I was getting into. Turtle Wax ICE is my best friend.

In Pennsylvania we don't call them V-Bombs... in fact most people have no idea what a V even is. I tell people I bought a Cadillac and they go "really? like a big boat?"

Albertan
08-15-08, 03:01 PM
Well, we have been calling the old design V1 and the yet to come 2009 V2. Anyone remember what came raining down on the UK from Germany during the second world war?? Hint it was NOT BMWs.

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 04:01 PM
In Pennsylvania we don't call them V-Bombs... in fact most people have no idea what a V even is. I tell people I bought a Cadillac and they go "really? like a big boat?"

Dude, tell me about it. No Vs anywhere near me.

1BIGCADDY
08-15-08, 05:08 PM
Black is the best color..

Steve

korizzle
08-15-08, 05:11 PM

Steve

:postcount:

that's quite a first post, steve.

your maker
08-15-08, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by 1BIGCADDY

Steve

is steve trying to hijack a post !!! haha

thebigjimsho
08-15-08, 05:52 PM
I drove to Chicago and back to MA last weekend and had some rain on the way out and a helluvalot of rain on the way home. My black V looked awful until I washed it yesterday.

Nothing better than a clean, black V. Oh, and Griot's Garage Speed Shine is my best friend...

rlj5
08-15-08, 10:32 PM
:welcome:
Silver looks good too, And a hell of a lot easier to keep clean.
And I'm not so sure about the black being the fastest color thing?

You'll love any V you buy, But you for sure want the factory warranty!
I maintain my warranty at all costs, LoL !

rekctsv
08-15-08, 10:43 PM
Wow, $20,000. I thought it would be atleast another year before they hit sub 20's, I guess not.

shredder
08-16-08, 01:03 AM
Is the Silver V with 24k on it located in Galt CA?

Notalent
08-16-08, 02:11 PM
Is the Silver V with 24k on it located in Galt CA?

Yeah...I was looking at that one...but I found a few more as well since than. Just trying to figure it out. One guy said he would match that guys price...27k miles and factory warranty till 80k. Im trying to get it handled now...:p

Why do you ask?

shredder
08-16-08, 04:04 PM
Yeah...I was looking at that one...but I found a few more as well since than. Just trying to figure it out. One guy said he would match that guys price...27k miles and factory warranty till 80k. Im trying to get it handled now...:p

Why do you ask?

I've just been looking for V's in california and I just figured the silver v with 24k was the one in Galt.

Notalent
08-16-08, 04:08 PM
I've just been looking for V's in california and I just figured the silver v with 24k was the one in Galt.

Ahh..yeah, its a really nice car, but im just set on black now. Have you checked it out?