: reset the oil % life meter

814V
08-14-08, 12:31 AM
so i went to the dealer last week and had them change the oil in my v and today my nav unit said "change oil" :banghead: can anyone tell me how to reset that? i was playing with the unit and i cant figure it out.. thanks, derek

MauiV
08-14-08, 01:52 AM
so i went to the dealer last week and had them change the oil in my v and today my nav unit said "change oil" :banghead: can anyone tell me how to reset that? i was playing with the unit and i cant figure it out.. thanks, derek

Without walking into the garage to confirm this 100%.

Push the info button, scroll down to oil life, push in know to select ten hold down the reset until it goes to 0%.

TaVern
08-14-08, 03:11 AM
Serious lack of attention to detail.

What dealer was this?

Post your experience here -->http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dealership-reviews/

jnrandall
08-14-08, 08:47 AM
Without walking into the garage to confirm this 100%.

Push the info button, scroll down to oil life, push in know to select ten hold down the reset until it goes to 0%.

you mean 100%.

darkman
08-14-08, 08:54 AM
Once you get the oil life reset you may want to check the oil level too. Some non-detail oriented dealers have been known to stick 8 quarts in these 6.5 quart systems because they think there is a Northstar engine under that engine cover.

YoshiV
08-14-08, 10:20 AM
If you don't feel like holding the button down you can also just press the gas to the floor a couple of times while oil life remaining is on the screen. Key has to be in the on position with the engine off.