: Cags installed but not working!

bryan24k
08-13-08, 08:44 PM
I just picked up my ride from the mechanic. Had it dropped an inch or so with my new flowmaster mufflers installed. He also installed the CAGS eliminator but I'm still getting forced into fourth gear! Man was I a dissapointed. Any of you guys have some advice as to what might have gone wrong"? He said he installed it as there was only one place to plug it in. Could there be something wrong with the CAGS or is it possible to plug it in the wrong way?: Any info would be appreciated.

urbanski
08-13-08, 08:49 PM
it must be plugged into the driver side connectors. passenger side connectors are likely where its at.

CtsVrod
08-13-08, 08:58 PM
it must be plugged into the driver side connectors. passenger side connectors are likely where its at.

:yeah:

jashearer
08-13-08, 11:30 PM
werd...

I'm guessing your reverse lockout isn't working real well right now :)

type911
08-13-08, 11:32 PM
If you got it from Me I will replace it. But first ensure its plugged into the drivers side connector. Be careful driving because the passenger side is the same but it will disable the reverse lock out feature while moving forward. I would hate for you to grenade your trany.

bryan24k
08-14-08, 12:20 AM
what is a reverse lockout??? are you serious?? my tranny could blow up? hooooly sh#$T!!! should i not drive my car untill i get have to drive it to the mechanics to get it switched over to the drivers side?

814V
08-14-08, 12:23 AM
no he is saying if it is installed on the passenger side it will remove your reverse lockout.. aka you can put the car in reverse while going forward. just be careful not to do that..

type911
08-14-08, 12:25 AM
Reverse lock out is what prevents you from shifting to R when your moving forward. Imagine what could happen if you stuffed it in R while moving forward. It would probably be ok and just grind real real bad physically not allowing you to do so. Just be carefull shifting to 5th until you make sure it is on the drivers side..

bryan24k
08-14-08, 12:35 AM
thanks guys appreciate the quick responses. going to call the mechanic tomorrow to find out what he did to my car!

urbanski
08-14-08, 07:04 AM
read the FAQ
get under the car and fix it yoruself

odla
08-14-08, 07:42 AM
it takes like 2 mins to do it your self

bryan24k
08-14-08, 11:13 AM
I can't be bothered to do it myself. Anyways I talked to the mechanic and he said that he tried to plug the CAGS into the driver's side but the plug did not fit but would only fit into the passenger side. He said that the CAGS plug is probabbly an older version or something. Is this possible? He also said that in order to get the CAGS plugged into the drivers side he would have to cut the wire on the CTS-V harness and add a different plug. And then he would be able to plug the CAGS plug into it. Does this make sense? Has anyone experienced this or is this guy full of SH#$T??

odla
08-14-08, 11:43 AM
where did you get it from. if you got it off of here it should just plug in.

thebigjimsho
08-14-08, 12:40 PM
You should be bothered to do it yourself. Anyway, just go to the FAQ, print out the picture and directions and show it to your mechanic.

This should NOT be a big deal...

bryan24k
08-14-08, 12:54 PM
I did and he said it would NOT fit. So i guess he's going to have to customize the plug on the car.

stuckey
08-14-08, 01:19 PM
takes about 2 minutes. Installed mine and love it!

thebigjimsho
08-14-08, 02:26 PM
I did and he said it would NOT fit. So i guess he's going to have to customize the plug on the car.If you bought it from StealthV or type911, something is wrong on your mechanic's end...

Civardi
08-14-08, 02:40 PM
If you bought it from StealthV or type911, something is wrong on your mechanic's end...

:yeah: Or he wants some extra cash.

CtsVrod
08-14-08, 03:13 PM
I sold it to him with the Springs and Spacers. I got it from Type911.... Looked normal when I had it. I just already had one installed, and ordered mine before I even got the car.

Tmac11
08-14-08, 03:49 PM
If it plugged in on the passenger side and the connectors are the same on both sides shouldn't it fit on the drivers side?

Or am I missing something?

thebigjimsho
08-14-08, 04:11 PM
Maybe his V was previously salvaged with all kinds of wacky electrics...

type911
08-14-08, 04:31 PM
If it fits the passenger side than it fits the drivers side unless Someone had previously butchered your Harness. Dont let it stay on the Passenger side.

Bueller
08-14-08, 06:22 PM
It will take you longer to find the jack and roll it under the car than to disconnect it and re-install on the right side. Seriously a 1/2 beer and 3 minute job.