: Dropped my V / new flowmaster mufflers!

bryan24k
08-13-08, 07:29 PM
I just picked up my ride from the mechanic. I had him drop my car 1.2 in the back and 1 inches in the front. He also cut off my stock mufflers and welded on flowmaster mufflers with 4 inch pipes. Boy oh boy does it look sexy and badass, and does it ever sound nasty! I drove my car all around town in and out of plaza parking lots giving a bit of gas here and there. It sure is an attention grabber dropped a bit with a mean growl. Just wanted to share with all you guys. Even though it eats more gas then my old car it is totally worth it! Woooot!

Civardi
08-13-08, 07:33 PM
Put Flomaster 44s on mine with an X-Pipe and love the sound. Watch out for the frankenstein exhaust comments. How did you lower it?

bryan24k
08-13-08, 07:41 PM
what are frankenstein exhaust comments? I just bought my V 2 weeks ago. Purchased all the mods before even picking my 2004 V up from the dealership lol. I purchased H&R springs off of CTSVROD from this website. Great guy who was very helpful. The springs came with spacers so the mechanic had everything he needed to drop her down!

Civardi
08-13-08, 07:44 PM
what are frankenstein exhaust comments?

Some don't like anything but bolting on a full new system like B&B, Magnaflow, or Corsa.

bryan24k
08-13-08, 07:47 PM
Ohhh I see. Well hey some can't afford to go the full brand new system. I am perfectly happy with the flowmasters! Love the new car, the new sound and the new look! ya baby!

urbanski
08-13-08, 07:48 PM
sounds cool

CtsVrod
08-13-08, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear you got her all set up! Post up some Pics when you get a chance!!!

Also I'm pretty sure the Springs Lower it 1" in the REAR and 1.2" in the FRONT... Otherwise He installed them backwards :banghead:

CTSV_510
08-13-08, 07:58 PM
Also I'm pretty sure the Springs Lower it 1" in the REAR and 1.2" in the FRONT... Otherwise He installed them backwards :banghead:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

C'mon lets get some pic & videos!

bryan24k
08-13-08, 11:25 PM
man this is seriously bad luck! i have another thread going about my cags not working and guys from this forum are telling me that he might have plugged the damn thing in the passenger side and that could cause my tranny to detonate? Now this too! my springs may be installed backwards???? wtf! having the springs backwards, now is this going to cause some serious problems?? my high has all of a sudden hit a major low.

bryan24k
08-13-08, 11:26 PM
i thought it's lowered 1 inch in the front and 1.2 in the back because the engine will bring the car down a bit more?

814V
08-13-08, 11:59 PM
:postpics:

bryan24k
08-14-08, 10:15 AM
Just talked to the mechanic and he said that it is near impossible to mix the springs up because the front compared to the rear springs are like night and day. Is this true?

Jayrcr3
08-14-08, 12:40 PM
The front springs should be thicker because they have to support the weight of the engine. He should have easily been able to tell the front from the back. How is the interior noise with the flowmasters? I have been thinking of this myself, but I've been afraid of it being loud inside the car. Is there any drone?

Civardi
08-14-08, 01:34 PM
How is the interior noise with the flowmasters? I have been thinking of this myself, but I've been afraid of it being loud inside the car. Is there any drone?

The longer mine are on the better they sound. I get a mild drone on the highway about 60 MPH in 6th. I just go faster. :cool2:

Ferny
08-14-08, 02:11 PM
got the same setup and my exhaust sounds bad ass! the other day i was getting beer and some guy comes up and askes me what the hell i had under the hood. i explained to him what a cts-V was and he was sooo amazed. people always tell me how bad ass my car sounds. they even say that it sounds better than a friends corvette, and he has magnaflows on his! :cool2:

CtsVrod
08-14-08, 02:15 PM
Just talked to the mechanic and he said that it is near impossible to mix the springs up because the front compared to the rear springs are like night and day. Is this true?

Yea its pretty hard to screw up... But you never know:banghead:

korizzle
08-14-08, 03:41 PM

bottom line is that if it's 1.2 in the back and 1 in the front, it's screwed up.

bryan24k
08-14-08, 05:36 PM
thanks alot guys for the feedback. im pretty sure he's got them springs installed right. all i can say is everyone at my work is complimenting how my ride looks. definitely BAD ASS, thanks to CTSVROD!

CtsVrod
08-14-08, 05:41 PM
thanks alot guys for the feedback. im pretty sure he's got them springs installed right. all i can say is everyone at my work is complimenting how my ride looks. definitely BAD ASS, thanks to CTSVROD!

Glad to Hear!! Hopefully everything works out for ya!

Now;

:postpics:

bryan24k
08-14-08, 06:24 PM
okay okay ill try and get some pics up soon.

As for the flowmasters, I noticed that it's the loudest when my rpm is low on any of the gears. when the rpm is high it almost sounds stock. weird aint it? but overall i love the sound!!

Civardi
08-14-08, 06:51 PM
okay okay ill try and get some pics up soon.

As for the flowmasters, I noticed that it's the loudest when my rpm is low on any of the gears. when the rpm is high it almost sounds stock. weird aint it? but overall i love the sound!!

:yeah:

Went out last night about 11pm to bring movies back and had all the windows down. Makes me smile every time. The poor guys in the G35 and E500 did not know what hit them. :lildevil:

bryan24k
08-14-08, 07:58 PM
now that's what im talking about. I was driving to work and a g35 was trying get all agressive on me. if he only knew what a V was.

GMBOUND
08-14-08, 09:19 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/Deep_Gloss_Auto_Salon/Funny%20Posts/useless20without20pics.jpg

CadzillaTN
08-15-08, 11:46 AM
the Gs are total douche rides. Only because I dont want to rag her do I not blow them off the line. but once we are at speed...see ya bitch!