: Minor bumper warping (pics included)

V-Speed
08-13-08, 06:58 PM
My driver's side bumper has warped a little right under the headlight. The car has never been in an accident, the bumper has never been repainted. I know it might be a long shot, but could this possibly be covered under warranty? Anyone ever had similar issues? It's not that big of a deal, but i've always kept my cars immaculate so stuff like this is definitely annoying. I'd appreciate your input.

Passenger (normal):
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8913/leftwo4.jpg

Driver's (warped):
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9135/rightth9.jpg

REDEVIL
08-13-08, 07:27 PM
That definitely doesn't look good. I would take it in and see what they say. My passenger side gap between the headlight and bumper is larger than the driver's side...but definitely not nearly as noticible as your car.

SkullV
08-13-08, 08:39 PM
I bet somehow they blame it on the smoked headlights....the paint held in the heat more or some BS like that. Good luck tho, should definitely be a warranty item!

V-Speed
08-13-08, 08:47 PM
I bet somehow they blame it on the smoked headlights....the paint held in the heat more or some BS like that. Good luck tho, should definitely be a warranty item!

They're not smoked, only look that way in the pic for some reason :) Thanks for the replies though :yup:

814V
08-13-08, 11:14 PM
dang! my passenger side looks just like that too! i thought it was just my car

AAIIIC
08-13-08, 11:52 PM
My passenger side is like that, too. Let us know what you find out, although I'd be surprised if you manage to get that covered.

I need to pull my bumper off at some point to do my high beam bulbs (thanks, GM, brilliant design :rolleyes:), so maybe I'll try to figure out some way to straighten it out while I have it off.

V-Speed
08-14-08, 03:08 PM
Hmm...seems like I'm not the only one then. I'll try to contact a couple dealerships, and see how it goes. Thanks guys.

MIKEC
08-15-08, 08:30 AM
my car has it under both head lights.the driverside is worst the paint is cracking.

svtbolt2001
08-15-08, 08:55 AM
Wow, that sucks man
My car's body kit has some rolls in it on the sides as well. It is not too bad when it is on the ground, but on a lift it is pretty obvious. Must be inferior Chinese plastics. LOL.

Kurlee Daddee
08-20-08, 11:32 AM
Hmmmmmmm...... My rear bumper has a roll in it. I always thought someone might have bumped into it. But there is not sign of marking or scrathes on it. Could it be the same material for both the front and rear bumper. Also, the clear coat on the passenger side of the bumper is starting to peel off. Geez. Its only a 2005 with 36k miles :(