: CTS-v for sale in Michigan?

jp51mustang
08-13-08, 06:22 PM
I'm looking for a used 05ish cst-v in Michigan. I can't seem to navigate through the classified section very well. In any event let me know if you know of any. thanks

GMBOUND
08-13-08, 07:48 PM
I see an 06 Black V at Buff Whean(or however you spell his name) Chevy off of Van Dyke.
I've been meaning to stop by and find out how much they want.

text GM103 to 466398 until your cell phone runs out of battery!

jp51mustang
08-13-08, 08:00 PM
Saw that one too; just a little too spendy.

rand49er
08-13-08, 09:26 PM
What are your parameters?

your maker
08-13-08, 09:27 PM
i saw that one at that dealer its not that clean

and the price is high

jp51mustang
08-13-08, 10:14 PM
I've been looking for an STI for a long time, then I drove the V. As long as it can handle snow a bit I think I'm sold. I'm looking for something with less than 40,000 miles. There is a stealth gray one at another dealership but they were a little shady as we began to negotiate.

From what I can tell there aren't a lot of options; is there something I should be focusing on? Other than the maintenance record? Also on an 05 car is the certified worth it? From what I understand the 5 years part of it starts when the car was originally sold; I'd guess in 04. (Despite what the first dealership was telling me)

GMBOUND
08-13-08, 10:16 PM
I've been looking for an STI for a long time, then I drove the V. As long as it can handle snow a bit I think I'm sold. I'm looking for something with less than 40,000 miles. There is a stealth gray one at another dealership but they were a little shady as we began to negotiate.

From what I can tell there aren't a lot of options; is there something I should be focusing on? Other than the maintenance record? Also on an 05 car is the certified worth it? From what I understand the 5 years part of it starts when the car was originally sold; I'd guess in 04. (Despite what the first dealership was telling me)

That Stealth Gray one used to be at Buff W... too!
I seen that one when I was still living in the hotel!

jp51mustang
08-13-08, 10:23 PM
Now that's a little concerning.
When I called Buff W about another one they said they just sold it, at auction. And they bought it, at auction. If the only way these cars are selling is from dealership to dealership via auction; maybe I shouldn't buy one.

rand49er
08-14-08, 07:12 AM
Probably sold at auction because the guy who owned it didn't want to bother selling it himself and traded it in and the dealer who got it didn't know anything about it.

I assume you're in the Detroit area. Last time I checked AutoTrader, there were several Vs within about 100 miles of my zip code (48178). With only about 3,500 or so '05s roaming the globe, you may have to be a little patient and may have to be willing to extend your search geographically.

Sherlock
08-14-08, 10:41 AM
Sent PM

mbiker97
08-15-08, 01:05 AM
I would recommend against a V during the winter. I have snow tyres and it's still pretty bad.

your maker
08-15-08, 01:12 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=249767970&dealer_id=572488&car_year=2006&model=CTS&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=8+Cylinder&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&color2=&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=CAD&keywords_display=&color=BLACK&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=48083&advanced=y&end_year=2006&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=410

talking about auction!!! the link above is a V i saw at a very big auction house in michigan. the only people that could bid on the car was certified caddy dealers. this car sold for 24300.00. yes i was at the auction when it sold
they graded this car as a 5 out of 5 it was a very nice V