: you guys think i changed these too soon?

urbanski
08-13-08, 06:17 PM
or too late?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8830/dsc02529rv4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Tony Show
08-13-08, 06:19 PM
Those had at least another 8.5 miles in them. :lol:

gfourth
08-13-08, 06:25 PM
You hadn't even gotten into all the rivets yet... What a waste. :hide:

CTSV_510
08-13-08, 06:25 PM
:lol:

Way to get your money's worth!

How do the rotors look?

odla
08-13-08, 06:29 PM
you must be rich as hell to just change out pads like that.

LUVMY04V
08-13-08, 06:39 PM
Beer

CtsVrod
08-13-08, 06:41 PM
:beer:

urbanski
08-13-08, 06:50 PM
:lol:

Way to get your money's worth!

How do the rotors look?

like shit

MauiV
08-13-08, 07:19 PM
Anyone else had a problem with their stock rotors getting a lip from the stock pads? I ended up changing out both at about 50,000 miles (LOTS of Interstate miles on my car) because the rotors were unusable with pretty good size ridge on both the inside and outside edges.

TaVern
08-13-08, 08:33 PM
:hide:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/cts/cts_20040813_001.jpg

Civardi
08-13-08, 08:41 PM
Not mine but did the same on a GTI. Sounded fine one day and then grinding the next.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/PhoenixOrion602/afdba1cb.jpg

rand49er
08-13-08, 10:31 PM
I voted too late.

BUT, that was conditional on whether you had intended on getting cross-drilled rotors or not. Since your rotors look like $hit, I want to reverse my vote and get a beer. :D

CtsVrod
08-13-08, 10:41 PM
:hide:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/cts/cts_20040813_001.jpg

www.wreckedexotics.com

Holy Crap!! The V is an Exotic!!??

Damn that guy must have forgot to change his pads....

rand49er
08-13-08, 10:45 PM
Holy Crap!! The V is an Exotic!!??

Damn that guy must have forgot to change his pads....That guy?

That guy DID forget to change his pads ... maxi pads, that is. :histeric:

The Tony Show
08-13-08, 10:48 PM
I love people that have never seen that picture. It's almost as funny as people seeing Jimmy's steering wheel wrap for the first time.

Almost.

:rofl:

bossplayer
08-13-08, 10:49 PM
So do you have your music turned up all the time? My indicators just started scraping today, I can't stand that sound.

Albertan
08-13-08, 11:35 PM
My hearing is gone in the exact sound range of the brake indicators so they never bother me! I have about 120,000 miles on my original front brakes on my Z71 truck. Nobody has told me that they are squeaking. I guess I should have a look one of these days.
Whoops, forgot to vote: If they were on an old Chev Lumina style car just right. Always change rotors and brakes every 15,000 miles. Probably just right on the V as well, that way you don't have to fret about: do I have these rotors turned, can they be turned, should I just slap new pads on existing rotors? No, all those worries are behind you now.

thebigjimsho
08-14-08, 12:13 AM
When I was very young and an early SHO owner, I had a business that kept me business from May to November. In the winter, I would do odds and ends on cars for friends and family. Brakes and oil changes and things like that.

So one day a friend of my mother's calls and asks if I can look at her Aries K. She said the brakes were a little noisy with a grinding sound. She said it had been going on for a few weeks. So when I get it, it was a little surprising.

You know when you use a cheese slicer and it starts peeling very thin and gets thicker? That's what the brake pad's backing plate looked like. One side had actually worn away. There was zero pad material anywhere. My father kept it in his garage. I'll have to get a pic of it...

MauiV
08-14-08, 12:28 AM
When I was very young and an early SHO owner, I had a business that kept me business from May to November. In the winter, I would do odds and ends on cars for friends and family. Brakes and oil changes and things like that.

So one day a friend of my mother's calls and asks if I can look at her Aries K. She said the brakes were a little noisy with a grinding sound. She said it had been going on for a few weeks. So when I get it, it was a little surprising.

You know when you use a cheese slicer and it starts peeling very thin and gets thicker? That's what the brake pad's backing plate looked like. One side had actually worn away. There was zero pad material anywhere. My father kept it in his garage. I'll have to get a pic of it...

When I moved to Maui I took my F150 Supercrew 4X4 Lariat to the Island. Never had any trouble with it and ran great. Well I started dating this girl that lived upcountry at about 6000' elevation and I lived on the beach. So after just a few trips from her place back to mine Im pulling out of my condo and hit the brakes on a slight downhill grade when the peddle goes to the floor and it sounds like someone threw a silverware drawer under my truck.

I get it stopped with the e-brake and hop out and there are chunks of rotor and caliper strewn everywhere. I find the brake pad clip with just traces of the actual metal bracket attached. Those brakes never made a squeek once. Ended up being about a $600 fix and the guy at the dealer said that some clients that live up on the mountain with SuperDuties are in for breaks every 6-8000 miles. Guess those downhill hairpin twisties wear em out pretty damn quick.

onebadcad
08-14-08, 01:40 AM
They are not worn out until you can see the other side, you still got miles of smiles to go,,,

BTW, did Urb have to pay to get the road re-paved, looks like he cut a nice groove in it???

DownSouthV
08-14-08, 02:48 AM
damn those pads look so nice haha!