: where to start shopping?

wetVdreams
08-13-08, 04:15 PM
obviously V's are fairly limited in my area of town... Southeast lol. How would you guys recommend I start shopping around for a V, im getting kind of anxious so im not really willing to wait to sell my car, so a stealership may have to be where I shop so i can trade. But non-the less im not opposed to private sellers either. I have found a few on autotrader, but non have really sparked my interest. Anybody have an suggestions minus craigslist?

Also anybody know the current blackbook auction values for a 2004, 2005, and 2006?

Thanks,
Josh

wetVdreams
08-13-08, 04:29 PM
GOTTSPD thanks for the PM (I am not allowd to pm back due to new user restrictions), however I am in the Atlanta, GA area and DC is quite a ways away from me...

good lookin' out though :)

Josh

MauiV
08-13-08, 06:27 PM
I would recommend buying from a dealer to ensure you can get a Cadillac Certified warrenty on it. Its worth it even if you have to get it from out of state.

Civardi
08-13-08, 08:37 PM
I was going to drive to Utah to pick up a V and then one came up local. It was on Craigslist. It was a dealer and the VIN check was clean. Make sure you run a VIN check on service items. If you can get a warranty great. I did not but knew what I was getting into with this car. If I break it I put on a better part and dont have to worry about mods.

helogene
08-14-08, 02:40 AM
One place to look is Carmax.com. You can search nationwide, and they have been fairly competative on price.

I used Autotrader.com to find my 05 V with 9300 miles on it....:cool2:

TaVern
08-14-08, 02:46 AM
Does "Southeast" include Florida?

http://www.cadillactony.com/

Ask for Tony.

BacDoc
08-14-08, 08:51 AM
I had to fly out of state to get mine. Found it using multiple search engines.

wetVdreams
08-14-08, 09:00 AM
awesome sounds like a good start... ill check out some dealers as well as some private sellers, and ya im not super oppsed to going out of state to pick it up, but i havent had good luck driving out of the state to look at cars ie. they end up being beat to hell.

Ans as far as getting one with warranty goes, I have seen many people preach the "get one certified with warranty" but really besides the rear diff exploding into 10939753489 pieces (the "exploding" and number of pieces is obviously exaggerated) what else should I be looking for problem wise and what else could be/goes wrong with these cars?

Thanks,
Josh

smoothmarine187
08-14-08, 09:06 AM
I found mine by seaching on Yahoo autos.

rand49er
08-14-08, 09:21 AM
... what else should I be looking for problem wise and what else could be/goes wrong with these cars? ...Just the normal stuff ... paint chips, tires, gum on the seats, banged in fenders, ...

stuckey
08-14-08, 12:27 PM
I actually got mine off ebay right in Atlanta about a month ago. Was basically walking out the door to fly to Missouri and decided to check my email before I left and hopped on ebay for a sec. The car popped up and I bought it.