: Happy 4th B-Day to my V, purchased 08/13/2004!!!!!!!!!!!!

onebadcad
08-13-08, 03:50 PM
Yep, four years of very satisfying ownership; thought the V's B-day was tomorrow, but I checked and its today. Still remember driving her home at 6:00 P.M. from the dealership, I had a smile wider than the Dark Knight's nemesis; maybe the fact that I paid MSRP less $500.00 left me with a sarcastic grin. Wife and kids were waiting for me in the drive-way, wife even drove it for about two minutes (she has not driven it since, not even to move it in the driveway, says it is too loud?!?!), I think I gazed at it until 1:00 A.M. and was up by 6:00 A.M. to take her for a long drive.
The four years have been great, been on the Forum since day one, learned so very much from the great members (whatever happened to Dreamin-guess he and his C6Z are happy) and forerunners (Lawfive, WW, etc...) and of course the mulit-talented URB!!!, many unsuspecting drivers have been smoked (Ferraris, Lambos, 911 TTs, C5Zs, Bentley GTs, etc...), received four tickets from one traffice stop in the third month of ownership (paid an attorney $100 and no points), took all the attention at a BMW meet (some M3 with an SC thought he was the main attraction), ran 2.25 quarter mile runs (don't ask, you can figure this one out), parked at Dolphins Stadium (only once)-that was for BigJim, put on the SC in August 2005 (tough time, my bro' passed, the V made it a little easier, still hurts though), stuck the Stroker in four months later (motor really needs a rear and about 16-18psi), have only driven the V less than 8,000 miles since I got the C6 in Dec 2006, but the V is still first in my heart, and first in the garage-IT NEVER SPENDS THE NIGHT OUTSIDE!!!
It has been a helluva ride, so many great times, each time I take her out in the morning I still smile, Mod Hell (too many 'down' days to recount) and broken parts (who else has broken two crossmember bolts on the rear-end????) and tows (AAA never made a penny off me) and etc... do not register, as it is all collateral.
I would do it all over again, and here she sits in all of her glory:

Parked with her siblings at the SoFlo Meet:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/onebadcad/car1381.jpg

At the shop, her home away from home:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/onebadcad/cruise007.jpg

On the dyno, louder and proud:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/onebadcad/DSC_2154.jpg

The owner and his mistress (note the BBall goal laying down in the background after one of my 'Gorilla Stuffs'-Lebron who???):

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/onebadcad/CTS-V1.jpg

The money shot!!!:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/onebadcad/Darrens2cars014.jpg

Thanks V, it has been a great ride, looking froward to many more!!!!

Twitch
08-13-08, 04:40 PM
:bday23:

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 04:54 PM
My 4th was May 27th.

The best was I had been shopping for a new car with my brother for months. I never told him I had a deposit on a V as we looked at G35s, 300Cs, S60Rs, 330is, etc...I meet up with him and a group of friends on that Thursday night and suggest we go out to eat. As we walked outside his jaw just dropped. And he didn't believe it. He thought it was one of GM's 24 hour test drives.

What a great day...

rand49er
08-13-08, 05:02 PM
Congrats, Darren! Many happy returns! :thumbsup:

ssmith100
08-13-08, 06:52 PM
Darren,

Your cars just a baby. Mine turned four years old in February. :D Wife's been driving it for the last week. I don't think the clutch or the tranny will ever be the same. :helpless: For some reason there's also a big ass scratch now on the steering wheel, she doesn't have a clue how it got there.:banghead:

Shane

ahahnu
08-13-08, 07:54 PM
One Bad, your car is sick. I have been admiring from afar for years now. Happy Bday from me and my V to her

Civardi
08-13-08, 08:35 PM
What did you get her?

GMBOUND
08-13-08, 08:43 PM
Happy V-Day! I'm glad you're not selling it, we've had enough of that non sense

Darren,

Your cars just a baby. Mine turned four years old in February. :D Wife's been driving it for the last week. I don't think the clutch or the tranny will ever be the same. :helpless: For some reason there's also a big ass scratch now on the steering wheel, she doesn't have a clue how it got there.:banghead:

Shane

Shane, what did you do:tisk::canttalk:.
She wouldn't be drivin the V because you bought something else now would she?:thehand:

ssmith100
08-14-08, 12:15 AM
GM,

I actually like the color of your car so much I bought me one the same color. Not another V though.:tisk: I needed something that got over 14mpg and something to play with. I've already gutted and Dynamatted it and started the tunes. Not the best pic.

Shane

onebadcad
08-14-08, 01:33 AM
What did you get her?

Sadly, the V is at the dealer, getting the last of the 'free stuff' done, the list was over 15 items, including all fluid changes.
Should have her back on Friday, with the new 90mm adapter and TB for the 112. I will get re-tuned, and am hoping for 30rwhp/30rwtq.