: Need your opinions

svtbolt2001
08-13-08, 02:01 PM
I would like to take the CTS badge off the rear of the car and replace it. I am leaning toward on of the following

6.0 Chrome
LS2 Chrome

I am not to crazy about the C6 badge since it is not really a Vette.

Which one do you guys think?

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 02:33 PM
[quote=svtbolt2001;1604642

I am not to crazy about the C6 badge since it is not really a Vette.
[/quote]Anything not truthful, I keep off my car...

svtbolt2001
08-13-08, 02:58 PM
Anything not truthful, I keep off my car...

Yeah I agree with you there. A Vette emblem was tempting but just not the image I was looking for.

Of course LS2 and 6.0 are both true. Wouldn't you agree?

svtbolt2001
08-13-08, 03:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-V-LS2-Strut-Brace-Emblem-GTO-SS-Corvette_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33643QQihZ012Q QitemZ220268031013QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-06-Pontiac-GTO-6-0-Deck-Lid-Emblem_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33643QQihZ016QQi temZ260274638064QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 03:18 PM
Yeah I agree with you there. A Vette emblem was tempting but just not the image I was looking for.

Of course LS2 and 6.0 are both true. Wouldn't you agree?My fellow, I concur!

The Tony Show
08-13-08, 03:27 PM
I agree to skip the Corvette badge, but why take off the CTS? Being a V doesn't magically change the fact that it's a CTS-V.

Be proud to have the first car in Cadillac's renaissance sitting in your garage. :)

svtbolt2001
08-13-08, 04:20 PM
Well i have to be honest here right.
If I didn't buy the V I wouldn't have bought any of the other caddys. I would have most likely ended up in an Acura, Lexus, or Mercedes.

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 05:00 PM
Well i have to be honest here right.
If I didn't buy the V I wouldn't have bought any of the other caddys. I would have most likely ended up in an Acura, Lexus, or Mercedes.OK, so you didn't buy a Caddy?:annoyed:

korizzle
08-13-08, 05:13 PM
i, too, removed the cts, as i prefer the look of just the v badge. but to answer your question, i think would go with the LS2 over the 6.0...even though i feel they would both look good. you're gonna have to go with your own personal feelings on this one...

my $0.02.

OldRoadDawg
08-14-08, 04:41 PM
I have never been able to leave that corner of the deck lid alone.
First the CTS placard, but I had a base CTS before the V, so I wanted something different.

Then I Left it blank for awhile.

Then added the LS6 5.7 in chrome.
Then went back to nothing.

So now I'm trying something different. And I love the comments while stopped in traffic . . .

"Gee - I didn't realize Cadillac was making a hybrid", says the Prius owner.

"Oh yeah', I tell them. 'It's very efficient because it burns the gas and rubber at the same time."

Then I blip the throttle on the LS6, let them hear the B&B exhaust and wave good-bye. :histeric:
(What can I say... I'm just an old fart that loves jacking up tree huggers)

In a month or so I'll probably change it to something else. Just don't know what yet.

urbanski
08-14-08, 04:42 PM
its just better debadged with nothing else stuck back on

buf05CTSV
08-14-08, 05:07 PM
I have never been able to leave that corner of the deck lid alone.
First the CTS placard, but I had a base CTS before the V, so I wanted something different.

Then I Left it blank for awhile.

Then added the LS6 5.7 in chrome.
Then went back to nothing.

So now I'm trying something different. And I love the comments while stopped in traffic . . .

"Oh yeah', I tell them. 'It's very efficient because it burns the gas and rubber at the same time."

Then I blip the throttle on the LS6, let them hear the B&B exhaust and wave good-bye. :histeric:
(What can I say... I'm just an old fart that loves jacking up tree huggers)

In a month or so I'll probably change it to something else. Just don't know what yet.

HAHAHAHAH

that's awesome.... although I wouldnt like it because most people wouldnt ask if it was a hybrid or not.

Civardi
08-14-08, 05:27 PM

That is one I would copy. Is that a GM emblem and how much?

streetside1
08-14-08, 05:49 PM
I take it the factory badges are simply "stickers" and there are no holes in the decklid where they are screwed/bolted on, correct? I will probably de-badge mine, but I didn't want to have to get holes filled.

Civardi
08-14-08, 05:54 PM
Blowdryer and dental floss or fishing line. Then a little bug and tar remover for the residue.

OldRoadDawg
08-14-08, 06:04 PM
Is that a GM emblem and how much?

Actually it is a Toyota emblem. I do some work for Toyota and was able to get it while at a Toyota dealership for (ahem..cough) next to nothing.

I take it the factory badges are simply "stickers" and there are no holes in the decklid where they are screwed/bolted on, correct? I will probably de-badge mine, but I didn't want to have to get holes filled.
No holes. Almost all the badging these days use the double sided tape. Lots of threads on how to safely remove them, ie. - heat gun, dental floss, credit card, etc.

I wonder if I move back to So Calif someday that I could run in the HOV lane??

CTSV_510
08-14-08, 11:29 PM

That's freakin hilarious!

thebigjimsho
08-15-08, 12:54 AM
That's freakin hilarious!That was also first used by Dodge in one of their advertising campaigns...like 4 years ago...:thepan:

svtbolt2001
08-15-08, 09:27 AM
Nice, I bet it gets some strange looks.

thebigjimsho
08-15-08, 03:57 PM
I bought "346 ci" but never put it on...

mcfaddens17
08-15-08, 10:16 PM
Just went with removing the CTS badge myself and left it that way. Gives a nice clean look to the rear with only the V emblem by itself.