: REMAN Magnachargers On Ebay

blownchevy
08-13-08, 12:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160271372078&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

odla
08-13-08, 12:49 PM
dam good price

blownchevy
08-13-08, 01:32 PM
just tryin to help you guys out. We will honor 1 year or 12K warranty on the entire reman system.

Luna.
08-13-08, 01:36 PM
If only I could put a supercharger on top of a supercharger... :lildevil:

Civardi
08-13-08, 01:42 PM
How long will it take Twitch to see this one?

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 01:51 PM
How long will it take Twitch to see this one?
If there was ever a time to jump...

onebadcad
08-13-08, 01:53 PM
If only I could put a supercharger on top of a supercharger... :lildevil:

I have seen both a turbo and an S/C on a Saturn Ion, but it had issues, still ran mid 12s.

Civardi
08-13-08, 02:15 PM
I have seen both a turbo and an S/C on a Saturn Ion, but it had issues, still ran mid 12s.

A co-worker has both on a PT Cruiser.

CTSV_510
08-13-08, 02:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160271372078&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

:drool:

Twitch
08-13-08, 04:19 PM
Oh damn..........

Oh yeah,,,so what you guys think?
Just like buying a new kit, right?

heavymetals
08-13-08, 04:35 PM
I don't see any differance, warranty is the same.

It is from the manufacturer.

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 04:36 PM
Oh damn..........

Oh yeah,,,so what you guys think?
Just like buying a new kit, right?It's direct from Magnuson, it has a warranty and it's been reman'd. I'd guess if it had a fatal flaw, you'd know in less than 12k miles...

wetVdreams
08-13-08, 04:41 PM
I saw this yesterday... ive got a lump in my pants!

Twitch
08-13-08, 04:47 PM
And I almost convinced myself I don't need it. I know I don't, but the fun factor will be huge.
K, this looks good. I'll call Jeff soon. Since I called him with questions a few times, I'll give him my buisiness if he can get that price.
Guess I'll find out how cool my dealer really is,,,lol

rand49er
08-13-08, 05:02 PM
Tony, this is the way to go! No doubt about it. I'd have done this in a nanosecond had it been available when I pulled the trigger last year. I had to put more than $4.5k into mine to get it completed and installed ... granted it's polished (looks bitchin'!), but there was a risk, too.

Consider this basically brand new, thus virtually no risk. It's been thoroughly checked out by Magnuson, went through their quality control people, new bearings put in, got the latest injectors ... what's not to love? Sure, you might've snagged one for a grand less maybe, but there's no headaches with this one ... no gut-wrenching sleepless nights. You've got all the parts PLUS the backing of the manufacturer. Those three units are gonna literally fly off the shelf.

Do it. DO IT!

onebadcad
08-13-08, 05:12 PM
Dammmn, didn't notice there were three, deals for all, I would not hesitate.
Of course if you buy, inquire regarding:

1) 2.6" pulley
2) rear pulley work/overdrive
3) 90MM adapter (the TB is only another +/-$300)

Go for it!!!

CTSV_510
08-13-08, 05:28 PM
Twitch - it's time.

:yup:

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 05:44 PM
Bad influences, all...

ROG
08-13-08, 07:24 PM
Wish mine wasn't a "truck motor"!!!

Well, a little anyway!!

Civardi
08-13-08, 07:29 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj202/Civardi/CO/peerpressure.jpg

CTSV_510
08-13-08, 08:01 PM
Wish mine wasn't a "truck motor"!!!

Well, a little anyway!!

Oh, don't worry, it can be made to fit. qqik4u has done it and probably others.

You can do it too.

It's time. ;)

Twitch
08-13-08, 08:58 PM
Oh, don't worry, it can be made to fit. qqik4u has done it and probably others.

You can do it too.

It's time. ;)
You pushy f*ck.
Weren't you gonna get get a Maggie???

rand49er
08-13-08, 09:20 PM
Twitch - it's time.

:yup:This post made me throw my head back and laugh. :highfive:

Tony, I got over twenty years on you, and I'm tellin' ya that life is too short -- wa-a-ay too short -- not to do this. CTSV_510 is exactly right: It's time. Just like those imaginary figures that appear on your shoulders, one is an angel and the other is the devil, ignore tbjs ... he's that angel figure. Don't listen to him! I'm tellin' you, you'll not regret this. Well, maybe once or twice during the install, but not after that ... no, you'll be past mod hell ... you'll be lovin' it ... lovin' it, I'm tellin' you! Do it, Tony. DO IT!!! :lildevil:

CTSV_510
08-13-08, 09:54 PM
You pushy F!.
Weren't you gonna get get a Maggie???

Yeah, I was, but I have been thinking about H/C.

That is, I thought I had decided until Randy had to chime in with that life is too short BS...

:bonkers:

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 10:51 PM
This post made me throw my head back and laugh. :highfive:

Tony, I got over twenty years on you, and I'm tellin' ya that life is too short -- wa-a-ay too short -- not to do this. CTSV_510 is exactly right: It's time. Just like those imaginary figures that appear on your shoulders, one is an angel and the other is the devil, ignore tbjs ... he's that angel figure. Don't listen to him! I'm tellin' you, you'll not regret this. Well, maybe once or twice during the install, but not after that ... no, you'll be past mod hell ... you'll be lovin' it ... lovin' it, I'm tellin' you! Do it, Tony. DO IT!!! :lildevil:Go ahead and get that blower. U bitches can't catch me...

ichpen
08-13-08, 11:04 PM
just tryin to help you guys out. We will honor 1 year or 12K warranty on the entire reman system.

Damn, wasn't planning on this for at least another year or when warranty runs out but.... ok, there's no ls2 kit, please tell me there's no ls2 kit for 06/07 CTS-Vs???:bigroll:

rand49er
08-14-08, 07:18 AM
Go ahead and get that blower. U bitches can't catch me...:rofl:

Guy gets headers and ...

svtbolt2001
08-14-08, 02:01 PM
Will it fit a 6.0?

rand49er
08-14-08, 02:15 PM
Oh, don't worry, it can be made to fit. qqik4u has done it and probably others. ...

Will it fit a 6.0?

:ohthedrama:

MauiV
08-14-08, 06:03 PM
SON OF A BEEEECH!!!!!

I want this so bad. I talked myself out of one a week ago now these comes up for this price.

I promised myself i wasnt gonna spend any more money on the V until I let the wife get the mods she wants ($6000) but I am within micromillimeters of pulling the trigger on this.

My buddies garage is not available now for the install so what should i look for in price? Is the warrenty only effective with ASE tech install or by anyone?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitch
08-14-08, 06:55 PM
Not sure, but I think the three year warrenty needs the ASE mechanic.
I'll be talking to them soon. Let you know.

SS from the "Wood"
08-14-08, 10:59 PM
I didn't see any mention of the Magnavolt... am I missing it?

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 11:25 AM
So, Twitch - who's gonna make the first move, you or me? :D

rand49er
08-15-08, 11:52 AM
I didn't see any mention of the Magnavolt... am I missing it?They probably don't want to admit to it. Still an outstanding route to gobs of hp!

Installed "in ... usually 8-10 hours." Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

svtbolt2001
08-15-08, 11:57 AM
So does anyone know if they will fit 6.0's?

Twitch
08-15-08, 12:02 PM
I've already been in contact with them. Waiting on a call back. Also talked to Jeff, and he'll see if he can get his hands on one for me,,,,maybe at a better price :lildevil:
I think I'm doing it (I check ebay all day). Its hard to part with the $$$ just for a toy.

Twitch
08-15-08, 12:05 PM
So does anyone know if they will fit 6.0's?
You can make it fit. Call them up. I bet its only a matter of some different parts. You'll probably still come out ahead, even if you have to pay for the extra stuff.

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 12:25 PM

Well, if you didn't buy one yet Tony, you lost.

PURCHASED!

:D

Twitch
08-15-08, 12:46 PM

PURCHASED!

Hold on,,,just checked ebay, n they still have three available. How'd you get it?
This might push me over the edge.
CONGRATS :thumbsup:

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 01:05 PM
Hold on,,,just checked ebay, n they still have three available. How'd you get it?
This might push me over the edge.
CONGRATS :thumbsup:

Thanks. They sold those 2 of the ones already even though it says they're 3 available. I spoke to Tim and he had another one available to ship on on Wednesday, Aug 20th.

Call them and find out!

I guess I need to make a service appointment for a few warranty items before this gets installed ... just to avoid issues later when they're asking why they're a whining coming from under the hood. :noidea:

blownchevy
08-15-08, 02:37 PM
Last one is GONE.....

onebadcad
08-15-08, 02:40 PM

PURCHASED!

Hall-fning-lu-jah!!!!, someone got off the pot (not the weed stuff),,,

CTSV_510
08-15-08, 03:20 PM
Last one is GONE.....

Hall-fning-lu-jah!!!!, someone got off the pot (not the weed stuff),,,

:wavehi:

thebigjimsho
08-15-08, 03:25 PM
Hmmm, I wonder who bought that last one...:cool:

Twitch
08-15-08, 03:29 PM
Fat lady didn't sing yet. Glad I called Jeff first. He can get me the fifth Maggie. I'll call him back in a bit and probly pull the trigger.
Hey 510, I"m sure you know this already, but the deal is much sweeter than advertised. Don't know if I should mention it online. PM me if interested.

Twitch
08-15-08, 06:18 PM
got it!!!!

heavymetals
08-15-08, 06:24 PM
Congrats!

Your gonna really like it....:cool:

korizzle
08-15-08, 06:46 PM
got it!!!!

congrats, you've been craving maggie for a loooooong time.

Twitch
08-15-08, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys.

Civardi
08-15-08, 08:07 PM
You guys doing a self install?

Twitch
08-15-08, 09:19 PM
Hell yeah! thats the best part. :) No way I was gonna try to mess with a cam.

BacDoc
08-15-08, 11:14 PM
You are my hero.

CTSV_510
08-16-08, 04:13 AM

Hell yeah! thats the best part. :) No way I was gonna try to mess with a cam.

Twitch, we're going to need a new thread for "Maggie Self-Install Tips and Tricks."

As long as they ship on the 20th (wednesday), I figure to receive all 3 boxes by the following week, and the install happening the weekend of August 30-31.

Can't wait!!!

Twitch
08-16-08, 05:28 AM

Twitch, we're going to need a new thread for "Maggie Self-Install Tips and Tricks."

As long as they ship on the 20th (wednesday), I figure to receive all 3 boxes by the following week, and the install happening the weekend of August 30-31.

Can't wait!!!
These guys been pushing me to do this for a while. You know I'm gonna milk them for all they're worth. :highfive:
I really wanna know about the magnavolt.
The thing that's been on my mind, is how much of my exhaust will I still hear. Will the Maggie whine drown it out? I guess it'll be louder now.

Really can't wait :woohoo:

rand49er
08-16-08, 06:45 AM
got it!!!!Well, I'll be ...

Congrats, Tony! You, too, 510!

I did my install the same time Rick did. We emailed back and forth a bunch. If you guys can do it together, that'd be great. We're here none the less. Remember, planning this and actually doing the install is half the fun!

Twitch
08-16-08, 07:04 AM
Well, I'll be ...

Congrats, Tony! You, too, 510!

I did my install the same time Rick did. We emailed back and forth a bunch. If you guys can do it together, that'd be great. We're here none the less. Remember, planning this and actually doing the install is half the fun!
You, of all people, better come up with some really good info when we start the "Maggie questions" thread:want:
Thanks Randy

Funny, but it almost didn't happen,,,,again

Notalent
08-16-08, 02:16 PM
So how long do you guys expect your engine to last with these superchargers and stock crank, pm rods and hypereutectic pistons? Not being a smart ass or anything, but being in the business I have alot of customers doing whipple kits on a 496HO marine engines as well as similar installs as this....same guts and go boom quick even on low boost...Are you guys swapping out the internals?

atdeneve
08-16-08, 02:23 PM
As far as internals are concerned, this setup has proven itself pretty reliable over the past few years.

heavymetals
08-16-08, 03:58 PM
So how long do you guys expect your engine to last with these superchargers and stock crank, pm rods and hypereutectic pistons? Not being a smart ass or anything, but being in the business I have alot of customers doing whipple kits on a 496HO marine engines as well as similar installs as this....same guts and go boom quick even on low boost...Are you guys swapping out the internals?

You are being a SA. :thepan:

Try using search before you post this kind of stuff.

The biggest blowups have happened with either nitrous or too much boost.

The LS6 and LS2 can handle the modest increase with ease, but like anything there is a limit when its a stocker.

Biggest complaint about the maggie has been the Magnavolt.

Second biggest I would say bad bearings.

rand49er
08-16-08, 05:20 PM
So how long do you guys expect your engine to last with these superchargers and stock crank, pm rods and hypereutectic pistons? ...7k miles and counting, here. I expect my motor to last another 100k or so.

And what the heck is "SA?" :hmm: Suck A$$?

heavymetals
08-16-08, 05:26 PM
SA= Smart Ass.

I call um as I see um.

Twitch
08-16-08, 05:37 PM
Bloody noobs tryin ta burst my bubble ;)

Hey, do we have three members that got Maggie from this deal? Or is it just me n 510?
NOT worried about my LS6, and I feel pretty good about the diff,,,,for now.

Notalent
08-16-08, 05:56 PM
SA= Smart Ass.

I call um as I see um.

No, not trying to be one, but seeing how I work for the biggest engine builder in the world it is very common for me to see and hear. Im am also involved in racing boats and hear it all the time there. It was just a question. I was simply inquiring to see how they held up as it always helps for me to know and get feedback in my line of work. No offense.

heavymetals
08-16-08, 06:12 PM
This is the CTS-V forum, not a BOAT or engine builders forum (per se).

You might want to check out LS1 tech if you want more motor info then you may find here.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/

thebigjimsho
08-16-08, 06:53 PM
Don't mess with heavy today!

Civardi
08-16-08, 07:18 PM
No, not trying to be one, but seeing how I work for the biggest engine builder in the world it is very common for me to see and hear.

What company? I hope your screen name does not indicate your skill at building engines.

Notalent
08-16-08, 07:30 PM
What company? I hope your screen name does not indicate your skill at building engines.

Haha...nope its an antonym lol....Something to do with my boat racing. ATK Engines.

rand49er
08-16-08, 09:07 PM
Haha...nope its an antonym lol....Something to do with my boat racing. ATK Engines.Do you mean acronym?

I've been to some big engine builders, and they're in St. Catherines, Ontario; Tonawanda, New York; Detroit, Michigan; Windsor, Ontario; Kenosha, Wisconsin; Lansing, Michigan; Lima, Ohio; and others. I'm runnin' a St. Catherines LS6. :yup:

Twitch
08-16-08, 09:18 PM
If you deal with so many engines, I'm sure you see a lot of people with problems. But the percentage may still be small.
Our motors are pretty solid. They can handle a Maggie easy.

Notalent
08-16-08, 10:13 PM
Do you mean acronym?

I've been to some big engine builders, and they're in St. Catherines, Ontario; Tonawanda, New York; Detroit, Michigan; Windsor, Ontario; Kenosha, Wisconsin; Lansing, Michigan; Lima, Ohio; and others. I'm runnin' a St. Catherines LS6. :yup:

Nope...Antonym:cool2: as in I got talent...:shhh::p

Notalent
08-16-08, 10:17 PM
If you deal with so many engines, I'm sure you see a lot of people with problems. But the percentage may still be small.
Our motors are pretty solid. They can handle a Maggie easy.

Thats the stuff I was looking to hear. The Mercury 496HO Marine engine has the same type of internals..yet when you throw a whipple supercharger on it I would say a good 70% end up breaking pistons. I wasnt to sure about the LS6's thats why I was inquiring. Personally the ones I have seen the people opted for an aftermarket rotating assembly. Its good info to know, especially since I want to add one...and I cant afford to shell out 10-15k on a complete setup with a new forged rotating assembly lol.

CTSV_510
08-16-08, 11:00 PM
Thats the stuff I was looking to hear. The Mercury 496HO Marine engine has the same type of internals..yet when you throw a whipple supercharger on it I would say a good 70% end up breaking pistons. I wasnt to sure about the LS6's thats why I was inquiring. Personally the ones I have seen the people opted for an aftermarket rotating assembly. Its good info to know, especially since I want to add one...and I cant afford to shell out 10-15k on a complete setup with a new forged rotating assembly lol.

Keep in mind, or FYI if you didn't know, these maggies put out 6psi with the standard pulley. Those whipple scs were probably putting out a bit more.