: Hello from Afghanistan!

Howsitgoing
08-13-08, 01:09 PM
Been here almost 2 weeks. Spent some time in Kuwait, DAMN HOT!

Talked with NAF who lives in Kuwait. Going to hook up with him on my way home.

Not too bad here. Safe for the most part. I do have to travel so we'll see how that goes. Almost exclusively via fixed or rotary wing.

Not sure if I am saving for some mods or the 09 yet. I guess we'll see.

odla
08-13-08, 01:30 PM
keep safe

lawfive
08-13-08, 01:50 PM
Yeah, be careful dude. I hear there's a war on there.

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 02:27 PM
Hope to hear you back soon, and safely...

rangerrob
08-13-08, 03:46 PM
what branch? i'm headin there at the end of next week for a year, we should try to link up if your in the same AO.

onebadcad
08-13-08, 03:59 PM
Thanks, for all you do!!!:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Nutz
08-13-08, 05:10 PM
FYI- the Mallett's just sent a Black Pontiac Solstice with a boosted LS7 pushing 1018 rwhp to the United Emirates. If you have any friends "securing peace" in the area keep an eye out for it! It should be off the ship by now...

You rock! Hu-rah :usflag::patriot:

rand49er
08-13-08, 06:10 PM
When you get back, treat yourself to an '09 ... you'll deserve it! :patriot:

ahahnu
08-13-08, 08:25 PM
How are the tourism benefits? Any nice bed and breakfasts? Please be safe to report back to us soon.

You too Rob.

Howsitgoing
08-13-08, 11:48 PM
what branch? i'm headin there at the end of next week for a year, we should try to link up if your in the same AO.

I am active Navy stationed at Bagram. I am in the army global access list. PM me if you make it to Bagram which you will at least for a day or two.

rangerrob
08-14-08, 11:29 AM
ya, we'll be passing through bagram then out east near the pakistani border

odla
08-14-08, 11:39 AM
hey rob are going in with a ranger regiment? benning? savanna, or from Washington state. cant remember the fort there.

rangerrob
08-14-08, 12:55 PM
hey rob are going in with a ranger regiment? benning? savanna, or from Washington state. cant remember the fort there.

3 regiments, ft. benning (columbus, ga), ft. stewart (savannah, ga), and ft. lewis, Sea/tac, wa)... Not going with regiment, going with the 1-178 INF, 33 BCT, right now I'm the Scout Platoon Leader... shouldn't be too bad

Howsitgoing
08-14-08, 01:07 PM
ya, we'll be passing through bagram then out east near the pakistani border

Know which FOB yet? Not that you can really tell me. I maintain some of the COMMS systems the FOBs out east use.

stuckey
08-14-08, 01:17 PM
My brother is Navy. Thanks for your service to our country guys. :usflag::thankyou::patriot::salute:

tdyguy2k
08-15-08, 05:05 AM
Hey, you guys keep your heads down and come home safe. And Thanks.:usflag:

:airforce: Retired

TaVern
08-15-08, 05:24 AM
Get back quick... The '09 V is right around the corner.

:patriot:

lknox21
08-16-08, 11:58 PM
Take care over there. I did 2 tours in Iraq in the Marines with 1/5 and the 6th Civil Affairs Group. Im sure there are some on here that can confirm this; there is nothing on this earth that will get your blood pumpin more than kicking down a door. Good times... Im out now. God speed and keep up the good work in the sandbox.

lknox21
08-17-08, 12:01 AM
p.s. take a look at the changes the GI bill will take on in fall on 09. Post 9-11 veterans will get close to 3k a month with houseing allowances (in my area xtra 1k a month) for 36 months.

Naf
08-17-08, 02:48 AM
Been here almost 2 weeks. Spent some time in Kuwait, DAMN HOT!

Talked with NAF who lives in Kuwait. Going to hook up with him on my way home.

Not too bad here. Safe for the most part. I do have to travel so we'll see how that goes. Almost exclusively via fixed or rotary wing.

Not sure if I am saving for some mods or the 09 yet. I guess we'll see.

Hot is an understatement. We hit 54.5C and i had the AC on and the car was in motion....Thank you LUKE for the Rad...

Lookin forward to your return, make sure you put on sunscreen, the winds there can burn you good...

v-sam
08-17-08, 02:24 PM
Please watch your six over there! Thank you very much for serving and making it possible for the rest of us to play with our Vs. Did you run into Ollie North last week when he was there interviewing troops for FOX?

Stay Safe,

John