: Front Passenger Side Grinding...

ozdemir23
08-13-08, 12:13 AM
I just had my front pads replaced and rotors turned by dealer 2 weeks ago. Also have had some trouble with my Corsa exhaust, which will be repaired shortly (parts on the way). But, when i going faster than say 35mph and i need to brake harder than "normal", i hear a serious grinding noise coming from the right front passenger side. I really want to point the source of this noise to the exhaust rubbing the differential, but I just don't see it. I also kind of think that it has something to do with the brake job since that was just completed, AND because it happens when i brake harder than normal. The only reason why i can not say for sure is because when i do brake that hard, the rear end a$$ tilts up a bit and because of that relative displacement, maybe its the diff rubbing the corsa? I DON"T KNOW!!!

What i really need is someone driving next to me and watching/hearing for the noise so that i can say it is or is not the brakes.

Any thoughts? This is really a shot in the dark.

oz

CTSV_510
08-13-08, 12:25 AM
Well if it's the right front passenger side, it definitely not the differential.

Can you feel the grinding in the brake pedal?

ozdemir23
08-13-08, 12:46 AM
No cant feel it in the brake pedal. The only reason i say it might be the differential is because the corsa system is not fully tied down. Basically, its a loose goose underneath so when i brake - it moves. If it moves, its possible that it moves and makes contact with the differential. Possible? i think.

oz

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 12:56 AM
Serious grinding noise coming from the right front would not be anything differential related. Check pads, wheel bearings and fender liners...

ozdemir23
08-19-08, 10:50 AM
After swapping out the corsa resonator (old with new), the grinding still occurs at hard braking and light braking. i think i will taking this back to the dealer for a check on the brake job. i don't think its exhaust or diff related as suggested earlier by me. we'll have to wait and see. thanks...

urbanski
08-19-08, 10:58 AM
did they replace both pads lol

rand49er
08-19-08, 11:00 AM
... the grinding still occurs at hard braking and light braking. i think i will taking this back to the dealer for a check on the brake job. ...Good idea.

ozdemir23
08-19-08, 11:01 AM
funny. both pads? funny.

urbanski
08-19-08, 12:37 PM
funny. both pads? funny.

there are 2 pads per caliper. i would not be surprised if they only changed 1.
i am glad you found my theory funny

ozdemir23
08-19-08, 12:39 PM
i really thought you were kidding. is this really possible? Should i even look into it? I guess i quick check will let me know. There is major dust on the rims with these OEM pads.

oz

CTSV_510
08-19-08, 01:02 PM
Listen to urby - he is an expert on brake pads - especially when it's time to change them. :lol: