: Cadillac Minivan

Koooop
08-12-08, 02:57 PM
Where the hell is my Cadillac Minivan?

I don't want no stinking SUV! :vomit:

I want a 4wd, V8, completely loaded Cadillac Minivan!

My wife wants a new Minivan, her "Every single option known to man" Oldsmobile Silhouette is ready to retire and the abortion of a 2008 Minivan that GM puked up is so fugly that I may have to go Chrysler or worse HONDA!

God help me, I have to buy another Minivan. :vomit:

Lord Cadillac
08-12-08, 03:37 PM
Maybe somebody could Photoshop an Escalade into a minivan? That would certainly be..very...interesting. :p

Koooop
08-12-08, 06:48 PM
They could call it the Buscalade!

Oh yeah, I want to be able to tow 5,000+ lbs with it.

dkozloski
08-21-08, 03:16 PM
Buy a Honda Element and put Cadillac badging on it.

RightTurn
08-23-08, 01:33 AM
Ya, Kooooop. Jack sum embz. :alchi:

Po Pimp
08-24-08, 02:04 AM
I thought they made one already. Isn't it called the SRX? These SUVs all look like minivans to me.

Koooop
08-31-08, 01:43 AM
SRX is not an SUV, it's a Station Wagon that doesn't seat 7 or 8 like a Minivan. (I tried that on her)

Honda Element? That's a wienermobile!

Lord Cadillac
08-31-08, 12:00 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!! A spyshot of the Cadillac Escalade Minivan! OMG!!! :p

Koooop
08-31-08, 06:19 PM
Waddya make there? An Ext-yssey? Hondillac?

RightTurn
09-01-08, 04:00 PM
:shiver: Creepy.

N0DIH
11-24-08, 09:50 AM
The only way you are going to make a minivan to tow 5000 lbs is to make it rwd (fine for me, I hate fwd....), safety, fwd might be ABLE to, but the back ends are so light that when you try to turn on any loose ground at all, you will find yourself jackknifed. I tried towing 3000 lbs with my 91 Bonneville, it did fine (short run to junkyard) and when I got down to the last turn, I almost got into a world of hurt.

So lets see, 3.6L DI, 4L65E, Canyon frame/axles, GXP Brakes, AWD xfer case out of van chassis, and you will start with a nice platform. There is a LOT of people who miss the Astro/Safari vans and the Ford Aerostar vans. It is a missing segment. Look at how many businesses STILL use Astro's because they can't replace them? Remember all the Astro platform was is a S10/S15 with a van body and bigger brakes off the F-car line.

Honestly, I have a Suburban for my 4 kids and my wife and I. I need 4x4 for the winters, AWD might cut it, but not sure (I had e4wd on my Aerostar years ago, and honestly it was sweet, awd all the time and 4x4 when needed, best of both worlds), I need LEGROOM, my son is getting whiney that my Suburban doesn't have enough (we took a long trip and he sat in the middle row and wasn't to happy....makes for crappy trips with whiney teenagers), need to seat at least 8, COMFORTABLY, not crap seats like Jeep has in the commander, that is a joke, shouldn't even be LEGAL!.

And DON'T make it LOOK like the fugly fwd minivans that GM has now.

People got a taste of stupid fuel prices, some people must have large vehicles still and will be downsizing now because of it, so the missing segment of the Astro/Safari is very much missing from the portfolio, and people need a good mpg van, and look at the ChryCo Town and Country sales, Cadillac would seriously weight in on them with a high value van. And DON'T CALL IT A MINIVAN! The name alone strikes fear in the hearts of many men who wouldn't be caught dead in one!

Then once Cadillac has it out in the market for 6 months or so, then let Chevy have it too to sell to the contractor/corporate market again.

Rodya234
12-08-08, 07:00 PM
If Cadillac made a minivan it would be the Cimarron V2. No one would buy it because it would cost $50,000, where a Town and Country is $27,000, it would end up being a Chevy Up Lander with Cadillac badges, and they would question why a luxury marque would make such a joke of themselves.

Cadillac is in the league of BMW and Mercedes-Benz, they have no business trying to pierce into the imitation-luxury league of Chrysler. The closest thing that Chrysler has to a Cadillac is the 300C, which I consider a joke of a luxury car. When having a chrome grill and leather seats and a 5.7L engine, that my 4.9 would eat for dinner, are the main selling points of a car I wouldn't describe that as luxury.

Koooop
12-09-08, 11:54 AM
If Cadillac made a minivan it would be the Cimarron V2. No one would buy it because it would cost $50,000, where a Town and Country is $27,000, it would end up being a Chevy Up Lander with Cadillac badges, and they would question why a luxury marque would make such a joke of themselves.

Cadillac is in the league of BMW and Mercedes-Benz, they have no business trying to pierce into the imitation-luxury league of Chrysler. The closest thing that Chrysler has to a Cadillac is the 300C, which I consider a joke of a luxury car. When having a chrome grill and leather seats and a 5.7L engine, that my 4.9 would eat for dinner, are the main selling points of a car I wouldn't describe that as luxury.

I got news for you, a fully optioned 4.0 liter TC is about $45,000, the 3.3 liter is $27,000. The 1999 Olds we are putting down was over $37,000 in 1999.

With a V8 and AWD it would be way over $50,000.

Rodya234
12-10-08, 05:05 PM
So I can't estimate the price of car, but that information only supports my argument that no one would buy a Cadillac van. Not saying that a T&C would be even close to a better car, but it would be competition. Minvans are for hauling your family and your groceries around in, why would someone pay 60K for that?

Personally, for you, a Caddy minivan would be great. But economically, for Cadillac, it would be a disaster.

Koooop
12-11-08, 01:44 PM
Good thing Cadillac didn't apply this logic to the Escalade. I mean who would want a glorified $65,000+ Suburban to haul their family around the city? Those things are the size of a school bus, you can't park 'em, they suck up gas, the lift over sucks, getting in and out is not easy... But somehow people buy them anyway, lots of people.

Chevy Uplander is ugly, none of the design flaws in it's predecessor were addressed and then left in that model. GM took the good features of the earlier models and dropped them, that car was a big step backward. So you are correct if cadillac rebadged that POS it would not be a good thing.

I want a nice Minivan, so do lots of people.