: Reverse slop...

ozdemir23
08-12-08, 02:07 PM
When i put the car in reverse and the clutch is slowly released, i get a get a what i would call is a major "thud" as it engages the gear. i can duplicate this a million times, so that tells me its mechanical and i think its slop/clearance beyond tolerances. Anyone else have this slop or experience this?

oz

perfect
08-12-08, 02:11 PM
i have a different problem when I go in reverse

after going about 5 feet i feel/hear a light "pop" that almost feels like i've run over a small plastic bottle

no idea what it is but it certainly can't be good

Twitch
08-12-08, 03:46 PM
When i put the car in reverse and the clutch is slowly released, i get a get a what i would call is a major "thud" as it engages the gear. i can duplicate this a million times, so that tells me its mechanical and i think its slop/clearance beyond tolerances. Anyone else have this slop or experience this?

oz
Might be your front diff bushing.

Tony

Natedog
08-12-08, 09:31 PM
put it in 4th first... then go to R... weird issue with this trans, but it'll be smooth as silk and u'll get used to it

ozdemir23
08-12-08, 11:15 PM
g's up? serious Nate dog? We'll see tomorrow morning when i get up to go to the airport. i need to back out of the drive. 4th, then R. Thanks.

Natedog
08-13-08, 12:23 AM
yea.. my 07 had the same issue when i first got it so i had to regulate... hehe.. been goin 4 to R for months with no grind/klunk of any kind

ozdemir23
08-13-08, 03:43 AM
i had a chance to think about what you are suggesting and that is not my problem. i can get the gear shift to engage into reverse, but its when i start letting the clutch out is when i get my "thud". putting the gear selector into reverse has been an issue with almost every manual i have owned, so that trick (4 then R) is perfect. i just have a different issue here. thanks ho.