: Mud flaps, splash guards-whatever.. any pics?

CadzillaTN
08-11-08, 09:07 PM
finally something that resulted in jacksh*t when I searched..

so I was rollin and saw a silver CTS in the gas station. noticed rims but no emblem so I thought it may be a wannav but then as I passed I saw the brake dust and the side emblem so I U turned. This would be the first and only V id flagged down in 6 mos.

This 04 had mud flaps/splash guards on it, which id never seen before. I can't say I didn't like it.. The car was silver and the guards were black. Didnt look disproportionate like a truck flap and it sort of balanced it reminiscient of a 350Z although theirs are body colored. I didnt get a long look though and it was cloudy which may lean toward the nice gray/black/silver contrast. Anyone have these on their car? Wondering if they would look good, or stockish like this on a black car?:hide:

Would have fancied 1st ride in another V IF:
A- the streets weren't wet and
B- the dude wasn't 16

Wisdom is a bitch sometimes!!

CadzillaTN
08-11-08, 11:31 PM
tell me these aren't badass

CadzillaTN
08-11-08, 11:39 PM
those were the 06 and up model. these are better.

rand49er
08-12-08, 08:56 AM
Is this April 1st?

CadzillaTN
08-12-08, 12:00 PM
no- This was half joke, half serious. so there isn't one other single person who thinks they aren't atrocious? Im not very keen on them, just wanted to see pics....

atdeneve
08-12-08, 12:44 PM
I searched for a recent thread in which some thoughtful soul so gregariously shared with us some gawd awful pictures of chrome applique on the lower rocker panels. But, alas, the thread remains elusive - gotta love the search engine.

I think they had some equally atrocious splash guards on that redline / infrared V. Well, perhaps, they weren't that yeck, but that's only because the chrome applique kinda took center stage. They should have gone for some full blown semi-truck mud flaps

rand49er
08-12-08, 06:14 PM
... They should have gone for some full blown semi-truck mud flapsYeah, with one of those shapely, feminine silhouettes. :D

I recall that chrome trim thread. Horrible!

Now, mud flaps on maybe another car (I'm thinking Corolla) would look perfectly fine. Not so on a V. Just my $0.02 mind you. :rolleyes:

Civardi
08-12-08, 06:34 PM
Ask and you shall receive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-8pc-SS-Rocker-Panel-Trim_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116 QQitemZ130194546880

korizzle
08-12-08, 06:56 PM
Is this April 1st?

AH! you beat me to it! i was about to post the exact same thing.

CadzillaTN
08-12-08, 07:13 PM
yeahyeah... first off- chrome looks like sh*t in any (CAR) application. period. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I paid my 30 bucks. Trucks are a different story. But alas, this wasn't a chrome thread.

as far as flaps- SOME of the unibody like guards on SOME cars, look good because they conform and look like an extension or actual body, beefier. I think it is safe to say that the 1st gen V could have used a bit more bolstering in this area and it would have balanced out the low weightline of of the car from a side angle.

MauiV
08-12-08, 09:13 PM
Im just debating how they are gonna look with my new Vogues an Daytons.