: Mud flaps, splash guards-whatever.. any pics?

08-11-08, 09:07 PM
finally something that resulted in jacksh*t when I searched..

so I was rollin and saw a silver CTS in the gas station. noticed rims but no emblem so I thought it may be a wannav but then as I passed I saw the brake dust and the side emblem so I U turned. This would be the first and only V id flagged down in 6 mos.

This 04 had mud flaps/splash guards on it, which id never seen before. I can't say I didn't like it.. The car was silver and the guards were black. Didnt look disproportionate like a truck flap and it sort of balanced it reminiscient of a 350Z although theirs are body colored. I didnt get a long look though and it was cloudy which may lean toward the nice gray/black/silver contrast. Anyone have these on their car? Wondering if they would look good, or stockish like this on a black car?:hide:

Would have fancied 1st ride in another V IF:
A- the streets weren't wet and
B- the dude wasn't 16

Wisdom is a bitch sometimes!!

08-11-08, 11:31 PM
tell me these aren't badass

08-11-08, 11:39 PM
those were the 06 and up model. these are better.

08-12-08, 08:56 AM
Is this April 1st?

08-12-08, 12:00 PM
no- This was half joke, half serious. so there isn't one other single person who thinks they aren't atrocious? Im not very keen on them, just wanted to see pics....

08-12-08, 12:44 PM
I searched for a recent thread in which some thoughtful soul so gregariously shared with us some gawd awful pictures of chrome applique on the lower rocker panels. But, alas, the thread remains elusive - gotta love the search engine.

I think they had some equally atrocious splash guards on that redline / infrared V. Well, perhaps, they weren't that yeck, but that's only because the chrome applique kinda took center stage. They should have gone for some full blown semi-truck mud flaps

08-12-08, 06:14 PM
... They should have gone for some full blown semi-truck mud flapsYeah, with one of those shapely, feminine silhouettes. :D

I recall that chrome trim thread. Horrible!

Now, mud flaps on maybe another car (I'm thinking Corolla) would look perfectly fine. Not so on a V. Just my $0.02 mind you. :rolleyes:

08-12-08, 06:34 PM
Ask and you shall receive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-8pc-SS-Rocker-Panel-Trim_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116 QQitemZ130194546880

08-12-08, 06:56 PM
Is this April 1st?

AH! you beat me to it! i was about to post the exact same thing.

08-12-08, 07:13 PM
yeahyeah... first off- chrome looks like sh*t in any (CAR) application. period. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I paid my 30 bucks. Trucks are a different story. But alas, this wasn't a chrome thread.

as far as flaps- SOME of the unibody like guards on SOME cars, look good because they conform and look like an extension or actual body, beefier. I think it is safe to say that the 1st gen V could have used a bit more bolstering in this area and it would have balanced out the low weightline of of the car from a side angle.

08-12-08, 09:13 PM
Im just debating how they are gonna look with my new Vogues an Daytons.