Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Luna. 
#1 ·
I know this has been discussed a lot and that there are a few kits out there, but was wondering your guys' opinion on what you may have done or what you may know to eliminate wheelhop. I love the car, but the bunny hops are driving me crazy!! I want to add more power to the car but feel that is useless until I can cure the hop. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Have you seen my thread about the Specter Werks bushings? It has a video.
I'm really not worried about the wheelhop any more. The rare occasion that I get it, its very tame.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Yeah, been checking out that thread, but for the money I don't believe it's worth it beings in doesn't completely remove it. Doesn't sound any more promising than bushings or other less expensive kits out there.

#7 ·
If you want to spend 7500 dollars, then Madman rearend is the other option . The people who have bought it have not had anymore wheel hop. Or maybe look into a solid axle. That would be a deffinate cure.

#14 ·
I fail to see any trace of sanity in cradling the differential. All you are doing is taking the stress from one area and displacing it to another.

FG2+RS-A=minimal wheelhop. UltraHP tires make no sense on this car, considering you can't put the stock torque down through them.

From a standing start, if I engage the clutch hard up to 3000 rpm, I get a few skips before the tires grab.
If nail it hard from a roll, I can spin them hop free all day long on asphalt. On concrete, not so much.

#16 ·
On the other hand, I'd argue that RS-As have no place on this car.

So, lesson of the day, if your main concern is being able to launch the V with minimal wheel hop, get some weak sauce RS-As. If you wanna be able to maximize the Vs handling and grip, get some real rubber.

You can also simply toss on some Specter bushings and the wheel hop will be all but gone, without having to revert to wanker tires. And there you have it. You can do your aggressive launches and still run a set of proper tires.

#17 ·
My Falkens are pretty sticky. With my setup (nothing special) I get minimal hop. I'm simply not worried about it anymore!
This is a performance car. It needs the best performing tires, so you can get your moneys worth out of it.

BTW the price of my tires, along with the Specter bushings, is probably about as much as a set of RS-As.

#18 ·
I was wondering has anybody put on the specter werks bushings and the BMR wheel hop kit on one car yet..? I have the BMR AWH kit and the Toe rod, and Trailing arms.. If someone has put both on then maybe you can tell me if it helps im thing of buying the specter werks also.. thanks

#19 ·
Hello, I just bought a 2005 V with 11k miles and the wheel hop is bad so I figured the car was stock. I had it on a lift the other day while installing a shifter and noticed that it does infact have the bmr kit which consists of bushings and a cross bar. I've never driven a stock V, but I really don't think this kit does what they say it will do on their website.("wheelhop is reduced approximately 75%") I like bmr and think they are a great company, but I would not purchase this kit for $329.95.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.