: Heat from console

mcfaddens17
08-11-08, 01:05 AM
Anyone else notice this? Feels like an excessive amount of heat coming from the console right around my right leg. Have noticed it alot in shorts while driving this summer. Probably been happening there awhile and just did not notice it in long pants as much. I tend to rest my leg up against the console as I drive and seems really hot to the touch. Seems to be most prevelant right around where the plastic portion of the console meets the carpet. Is this typical?

Civardi
08-11-08, 01:20 AM
Mine is that way also.

CtsVrod
08-11-08, 01:12 PM
Same Here... Sometimes I'll hit the Re-Circ button and it stops it a little, but still really hot....

Doctornick
08-11-08, 01:20 PM
Isn't that basically where the exhaust manifold is routed?

urbanski
08-11-08, 01:32 PM
wait til you install headers you can fry eggs

Civardi
08-11-08, 05:05 PM
Mine got hotter after putting in the X-Pipe. Cant wait for the headers.

mcfaddens17
08-12-08, 12:35 AM
Seems unfortunately that this is pretty common issue. Has anyone come up with some kind of fix to cool this area down? Seems like there should be some way to insulate things better. Possibly some kind of heat shield under the car between the exhaust and floor board?

CadzillaTN
08-15-08, 02:14 PM
the various sound deadening asphalt based materials work great for this. 1-2 layers will make a huge improvement...did in my rustang for sure. Not much material if any between the metal layer and plastic your leg rests on. Maybe cloth carpet pad but thats about it. Doesn;t help the heat like the other stuff does.

id search some of the sound threads and see if someone touched on it

Civardi
08-15-08, 04:50 PM
This is whats going on my floor.

http://www.dynamat.com/products_automotive_dynaliner.html