: z06 Endlinks with Stock Ride Height?

SkullV
08-09-08, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, about to install my Hotchkis Sway Bars that I got from Rick in his garage sale. They came with the z06 endlinks and I am wondering if I can install them with stock ride height? I WILL be lowering the car in the next week, but I haven't ordered the GC kit yet. If I have to drill out these bars I would like to do it when they are off the car rather then waiting until I install the GC kit. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Twitch
08-09-08, 02:21 PM
Hey guys, about to install my Hotchkis Sway Bars that I got from Rick in his garage sale. They came with the z06 endlinks and I am wondering if I can install them with stock ride height? I WILL be lowering the car in the next week, but I haven't ordered the GC kit yet. If I have to drill out these bars I would like to do it when they are off the car rather then waiting until I install the GC kit. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Don't think you'll have a problem at stock height. FYI its real easy to drill them on the car. You may be better off, cuz they wont move around. And you have plenty of room.
If you have a hard time installing the endlinks, try loosening the sway bar.

SkullV
08-09-08, 02:24 PM
Don't think you'll have a problem at stock height. FYI its real easy to drill them on the car. You may be better off, cuz they wont move around. And you have plenty of room.

Don't think I'll have a problem with the endlinks on or off the car with stock height?

Cowan480
08-09-08, 02:28 PM

:yeah:

Do it now and you won't have to worry about it later!! it's really not that hard!! did ZO6 endlinks in 2.5 hrs.. taking the end links off for new swaybar means youre half way there!! hope youre injoying those FREs!!:highfive:

NormV
08-09-08, 02:30 PM
The purpose of the shorter links is to accommodate the shorter springs. If you put in the lower links without lower you maybe take the chance of break one of them. I am using Hotch Corvette links made of aluminum.

If you're going to put everything in a week you could get ahead but drilling the lower alum control arm now. Then reinstall the stock link. Probably could waste an hour or more in the whole process.

Norm

Cowan480
08-09-08, 02:31 PM
Don't think I'll have a problem with the endlinks on or off the car with stock height?

No prob at all!! FYI, I actually have my GC kit as high as it will go and I still can't get it back to stock height!! I'd go ahead and put them on:thumbsup:

SkullV
08-09-08, 02:33 PM
Ahh it sounded like a great idea until Norm said I might break something. Dammit Norm!

Cowan480
08-09-08, 02:38 PM
Norm knows his $hit!!!

If youre going with the GC kit soon, go ahead and do it!! haha N

NORM what do you say??

Cowan480
08-09-08, 02:48 PM
Ok I walked through my house and back and thought about this..

Don't do it with the sway bar. I'd say norm is right. They are like 2 inches shorter!! Install them with the GC kit!!

lollygagger8
08-11-08, 09:55 AM
WTF?! I have some Z06 links on the way cuz my stock links broke with my hotchkis sways. I'm stock at ride height....so are my Z06 links going to break now too??

justin311
08-11-08, 11:44 AM
The purpose of the shorter links is to accommodate the shorter springs. If you put in the lower links without lower you maybe take the chance of break one of them. I am using Hotch Corvette links made of aluminum.

If you're going to put everything in a week you could get ahead but drilling the lower alum control arm now. Then reinstall the stock link. Probably could waste an hour or more in the whole process.

Norm

Did you lower your V Norm?

lollygagger8
08-11-08, 01:10 PM
Ok I walked through my house and back and thought about this..

Don't do it with the sway bar. I'd say norm is right. They are like 2 inches shorter!! Install them with the GC kit!!

2" shorter than the stock end links would make the total length of the Z06 links close to like 4 inches!

lollygagger8
08-13-08, 03:14 PM
Would it benefit anybody if I took pics and made a writeup of the Z06 links install? Or does everybody already get it?

I plan on doing it next week when my collars come in from Hotchkis.

SkullV
08-13-08, 03:26 PM
Wanna take a picture of the collars when you get them? I think that i have them in the box I got from rick but I'm not sure.

Ted

lollygagger8
08-13-08, 03:32 PM
Ya that's cool I can do that..... they are those circular rings with (I think) allen head screws in them. I'll prolly take a couple pics of everything, like drilling out lower control arms, putting on collars, installing the z06 links: IF it will help anybody