: Need Speaker Advice

racinrod67
08-09-08, 11:22 AM
Need some help from those of you who know the electronics and stereo systems on the 95-96 Eldos and Sevilles. My RR speaker was making a clicking noise when the ignition was on, but stereo was off. Found a replacement OEM speaker that was actually from a 95 Eldo. My first question is: The replacement speaker is an E CAD REAR, but the original is a K CAD REAR, are they interchangeable? Second question: can the amplifier just be swapped out between the two speakers to keep me from removing the back seat? Both speakers/amplifiers mount the same and have the same wiring configuration.

Submariner409
08-09-08, 01:48 PM
You'll get more info by moving this post to Technical, Audio/Security

racinrod67
08-09-08, 08:46 PM
Thanks Sub. I thought about that after I posted it here.

racinrod67
08-09-08, 08:48 PM
Need some help from those of you who know the electronics and stereo systems on the 95-96 Eldos and Sevilles. My RR speaker was making a clicking noise when the ignition was on, but stereo was off. Found a replacement OEM speaker that was actually from a 95 Eldo. My first question is: The replacement speaker is an E CAD REAR, but the original is a K CAD REAR, are they interchangeable? Second question: can the amplifier just be swapped out between the two speakers to keep me from removing the back seat? Both speakers/amplifiers mount the same and have the same wiring configuration.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

racinrod67
08-10-08, 11:51 AM
Anyone?!?