: Navigation route guidance PROBLEM

tonypro
08-09-08, 07:06 AM
I can't enter a destination and get it to work. Also it says route guidance not available for this area. I can find the destinations but cant enter them and begin the route. Anyone know what's up with that, what am I doing wrong. I went through the manual over and over feel like an idiot.

ewill3rd
08-09-08, 10:16 AM
Post some of your destinations and see if other owners have the same issue with data entry.

Make sure the DVD is clean, sometimes they get a static dust buildup that can cause read errors, when this happens the system will behave strangely.

If the disc is in good condition, others don't have problems with the same address entries and the problem persists you may need to get the car serviced.

dkozloski
08-09-08, 02:48 PM
There is no POI or address data on the NAV disks for Alaska. There is map data only. To enter a destination you have to manually scroll across the map and manually enter the point. The same situation exists for other sparsely settled areas out in the sticks.

tonypro
08-09-08, 05:03 PM
I live in New Jersey dont think that is the problem any other suggestions.
Voice recongnition keeps saying "route guidence not available" also when I try to put in destination. Calculate route never comes up highlighted to choose.

dkozloski
08-09-08, 06:05 PM
There are two NAV disks to the set. You're suppose to be using disk 2 for the eastern states.

Superjim
08-09-08, 10:19 PM
I live in New Jersey dont think that is the problem any other suggestions.
Voice recongnition keeps saying "route guidence not available" also when I try to put in destination. Calculate route never comes up highlighted to choose.

This may or may not apply to the STS... I have a DTS and it only has one DVD not two.

I recently came back (to Ft. Worth TX) from vacation to the east coast, and when I tried to enter a destination in Dallas...it wouldn't let me.

After messing with it for a few minutes...
I realized it was set for the wrong area of the US.
I had changed the area to the East Coast when I was there.
When I set it back to MY AREA of the US... it worked great.