: Travel/Temporary Registration HELP!!!

helogene
08-08-08, 06:10 PM
Well, I'm flying to Seattle tonight, to pick up my CTS-V tomorrow. It is going to be registered in Arizona, so I need to have some type of temporary tag. Washington only does 3 day travel permits, and you can only get 3 of them in a 30 day period.

My plan is/was to pick up the car, visit the folks for a week, then drive back.

Arizona won't do a temporary on it, because they haven't "INSPECTED" it....

So, is there ANYTHING else out there? Deal suggested I try AAA....Called them, "uh, we don't do anything like that"...

Anyone? Any ideas?? Just drive it like I DIDN'T STEAL IT, and hope for the best??

Cowan480
08-08-08, 06:17 PM
Its a V , out run anyone who tries to pull you over!!!!!:yup::thumbsup:

Civardi
08-08-08, 06:37 PM
See if the seller will leave the plates on for you thats what mine did. I bought in OR and live in WA. If not I would not worry about it. If you get pulled over explain the situation. What year/color did you buy? There was one up there I looked at that had red seat inserts.

helogene
08-08-08, 07:19 PM
It's a lease return at a Dealer in Bellevue....SO, no plates....AND, no Red inserts!!

It's Redline with Tan interior, which will be GOOD in AZ.....Most of the car's I've seen have BLACK LEATHER interiors....NOT GOOD in AZ....

I'll just go with the 3 day passes, and explain my way down the west coast...

Won't run the radar detector, will keep to Limit +7, and have a good time.

Anyone else care to chime in, please do!

Civardi
08-08-08, 07:22 PM
But you will have the paper dealer plates. I never leave that paper POS in my window. Make the dealer pony up for a longer permit. The dealer on my 4Runner gave me one that was good for 30 days. Don't let them tell you 3 days is max thats BS.

smackdaddy
08-08-08, 08:30 PM
Every state has diffrent rules re: temp tags. I know PA has 30 day temp tags. I think i remember IL had either 30 or 10 days. Maybe WA only has 3 day tags, but it seems like an awefully short timeframe. Imagine if you had to drive from coast to coast on that... Not enough time if you slept at all. There must be another solution. Or ask the dealer to put one of their plates that show the dealership name on the rear of the car at the least and hopefuly any cops that tail you will be able to figure it out without pulling you over.

Civardi
08-08-08, 08:38 PM
Maybe WA only has 3 day tags, but it seems like an awefully short timeframe. Imag.

They can give up to 45 days. The longer they give the more it costs the dealer. I know I live here.

helogene
08-08-08, 09:13 PM
Well, I've talked to the Dealer, Went to the Washinton DOL Website, TALKED to someone on the phone, and the BEST anyone can find is the 3 day permit.

IF you have a source, a link, anything, for something more, it would be appreciated!

4DoorGTZ
08-08-08, 09:14 PM
I'd just go to the dmv. When I picked up my V in Bellevue WA the previous owner's tags had expired. We went to the dmv and transfered them into my name. Being from out of state (and country) All I paid was the administration fee, none of their HUGE taxes (Owner's bill to renew was $212) I actually got a renewal notice in the mail a couple months ago from WA.... so I still have valid WA plates for the car, I should keep em in the glove box for "emergencies"

I'm not sure if its possible for a brand new plate (cuz the dealer wont have any for you) but it worked for me renewing the previous owners plates.

Mr.Tickles
08-08-08, 09:43 PM
Thr registration is based on the state you live in not where you are when you purchase. make sure that the dealer did not charge you state taxes in their state. You will repay the state taxes in your residence state.... However I did buy a car in Jersey. got pulled over 3 tickets and put out on street, oh... cops towed my car, tow yard screwed my car up bad... I had to have my State DMV: MS. fax over registration rules. Which is a 7 day grace period then you pay a little extra. Good Luck!

calidave
08-08-08, 10:19 PM
So you'll be visiting your folks for a week. That's seven days. You can get three three-day permits.. that's nine days. Unless my math is wrong, you'll have two days to drive back to AZ. In the V, that should be ample time.. ;)

Is there something I'm missing?