: B pillar posts

sburgin
08-08-08, 02:35 PM
05 Maroon/Red STS. The B pillar posts on the driver's side door has a quite a few scratches from prior owner. Drive me nuts to look at.

I've seen where you can buy aftermarket "stickers" in various flavors (chrome/glossy black/stainless). Is that the best route to go ? I'm presuming there's no way to get that OEM factory look back....

Even the aftermarket glossy black stickers scare me because I fear they'll look obvious that they're not OEM.

Any suggestions ?

STScaddyman65
08-09-08, 08:57 AM
05 Maroon/Red STS. The B pillar posts on the driver's side door has a quite a few scratches from prior owner. Drive me nuts to look at.

I've seen where you can buy aftermarket "stickers" in various flavors (chrome/glossy black/stainless). Is that the best route to go ? I'm presuming there's no way to get that OEM factory look back....

Even the aftermarket glossy black stickers scare me because I fear they'll look obvious that they're not OEM.

Any suggestions ?

Yes you can replace the worn one with OEM origional! I have a dent in my drivers door aplica and I just wrote down the GM part # for it last Friday night and left it at work on my desk. I'll let you know it next week. I was told to warm up the old one with a heat gun or hot blow drier and start at the top with a plastic tool and pull the old one out and down. There is 3M adhesive strips that hold it on and the heat helps loosen it. Wipe the painted surface down with googone and install the new one. There is 4 red adhesive pull strips and one big white middle pad. Looked like a fairly easy thing to do. I will post all 4 part numbers next week.:D

05STSWOW
08-09-08, 11:20 PM
Great! I tagged the right side mirror of my wife's Explorer and have a ding I see everything time I get in. How much is the part?

urbanski
08-10-08, 07:37 AM
call lindsay cadillac -->