: back to school sale (POLY engine MOUNTS)

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-07-08, 04:37 PM
UUC polyurethane engine and trans mounts on sale until my son goes back to school (day after labor day). these are the real deal. If you are tired of the crappy clunky stock mounts or if you have some HP boosting mods under the hood these are the way to go. give your car a "solid" feel that you wont regret.

list price for the engine mounts...$155.00 each
list price for the "kit" (2 engine and the trans mount) $430.00

sale price for the engine mounts...$140.00 each
sale price for the "kit"....a ridiculously low $385.00

also the shirt pictured below, $12.00 each (normally $19.)

check back often there may be more deals....

Civardi
08-07-08, 04:44 PM
Hmmm. Spend my money on this or school clothes for the boys.

CtsVrod
08-07-08, 05:00 PM
Luke Your killing me!! Are these a PITA to install?

stkshkr
08-07-08, 05:29 PM
How much for just the trans mount?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-07-08, 08:53 PM
How much for just the trans mount?

$120.00

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-07-08, 08:54 PM
Luke Your killing me!! Are these a PITA to install?

trans mount, no. engine mounts, maybe a little....

rand49er
08-07-08, 09:37 PM
Don't need 'em now, but ...

Say, Luke, are you going to carry these on a regular basis into the future, or is this a single batch, never-to-be-repeated-type thing?

Cowan480
08-07-08, 09:46 PM
Randy, Do you like these mounts?? Should I do these with the OZ6 endlinks?

How about the hotchkis sway for the front??

rand49er
08-08-08, 07:46 AM
Randy, Do you like these mounts?? Should I do these with the OZ6 endlinks?

How about the hotchkis sway for the front??The stock motor mounts seem prone to failure for a few people. I'd do these mounts soon, except I'm not anxious to do the install. These are totally separate from the endlinks and sway bars. (Not sure if I understood your ques.)

lollygagger8
08-08-08, 10:48 AM
How and WHERE does one lift the engine to replace the MM's ??

If you do the hotchkis sways, make sure you do the Z06 links....the stock links are f'n garbage. And you might as well do the back sway if you're doing the front.

ctsv154
08-08-08, 11:47 AM
you can buy a lift chain from oriellys and just bolt to the front of one head and the back of the other. Or a block of woor under the oil pan. Cant say the best way cause my engine was out when I put mine in so my way was a little different. I can say I wouldn't want to do it with the engine in the car!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-08-08, 11:57 AM
Don't need 'em now, but ...

Say, Luke, are you going to carry these on a regular basis into the future, or is this a single batch, never-to-be-repeated-type thing?

I had to place such a large order to get these at the price I have them at that this may be the first and last order. with that said I have about 100 cars worth.

lollygagger8
08-08-08, 12:36 PM
Do they come with instructions then?

Doctornick
08-08-08, 01:28 PM
I need these and a header but only enough money to get one right now! what to buy, what to buy!

lollygagger8
08-08-08, 01:57 PM
Wait and save the $$ up and do em both at the same time since I'm guessing a manifold might have to come off of one of the sides? Nobody's answering how to change these, so I'm going off of memory or reading threads on how to change the MM's.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-08-08, 02:10 PM
Do they come with instructions then?

This a write up from another thread......

If you have headers, they have to come off.
The exhaust behind the cats has to come off, and if it has OE converters it is a lot easier if you remove them, also a pain without impact tools.
The battery should be disconnected.
The engine has to be raised up
The mounts are held to the frame by 2 bolts down from the top... hard to reach, and two studs and 21mm nuts from the bottom.
The left mount has 2 bolts on top and two studs on bottom holding it to the block
The right mount has 3 bolts holding it to the block.
The mounts and brackets have to come out together, easier with the cats off. The right side, if you don't know the trick, you'll have to take off the starter.
If you do know the trick you can get the lower 21mm nut off the bracket in the car, again, requires impact tools and the right setup.
From there it is pulling them out, getting them swapped and getting them back in.
Reverse the removal basically and bolt it all up, check to be sure all the fasteners are tightened
Most of the work is done from below.

hope this helps

peter simov
08-08-08, 02:50 PM
should i get new gaskits (sp) when i take off my kooks or can i reuse

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-08-08, 03:20 PM
should i get new gaskits (sp) when i take off my kooks or can i reuse

get new. good chance to swap to GM gaskets (much better than the kooks) if you have not already. $20.00 for the pair

lollygagger8
08-08-08, 03:22 PM
Ya I've used the block of wood under the oil pan trick on my Jeeps to change MM's. I wasnt sure the LS6's/LS2's could take that. I don't want to remove the hood, they are such a PITA to get lined back up perfectly!!!

peter simov
08-08-08, 05:57 PM
any one know of any one to put them on in chicago area

ctsv154
08-08-08, 07:44 PM
The oil pan is very sturdy. Much stronger than a stamped steel pan. I've had a jack and block of wood under my engine more than once to do various jobs. To be honest, I might get a no no for this, when I had the motor out of the car I set the engine on the pan and put jackstands on either side to hold it upright until I got it on the engine stand.

stkshkr
08-08-08, 08:44 PM
Whats involved in changing the trans mount?

Junior1
08-09-08, 12:07 AM
Maybe Luke can get a special price for the labor too?
that way I can bring them the car for a nice thorough check up before v day...hint, hint

darkman
08-11-08, 04:46 PM
I have ordered mine.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-11-08, 05:17 PM
Whats involved in changing the trans mount?

Remove the crossmember below the trans. jack up the trans a little. undo some bolts and swap over the mount.

thebigjimsho
08-11-08, 05:29 PM
Remove the crossmember below the trans. jack up the trans a little. undo some bolts and swap over the mount.Yeah, when I was under the V the other night, I was looking at the trans mount. You really don't even need directions. Should be pretty simple...

sleepys4
08-11-08, 11:11 PM
If I buy these can I get my dealer to install them with out hassle? I'm under extended warranty and I'm sure my mounts are bad.

CadzillaTN
08-14-08, 09:35 PM
nope. I asked just today. They would rather you bring the car in 50 times per year and replace the marshmallows than install a pair that would improve the problem via fewer visits, or eliminate the problem.
"voids the warranty" they say...
another goofy cadillac (warranty) decision

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-16-08, 10:52 AM
AT Work today. on sale until 2:00 PM Eastern, MTI racing high temp plug wires. Perfect compliment to cars with headers (or without) heat is the enemy!! silicone booted high temp wires. List for $100.00 Sale for $88.00 and free shipping.

call 703-824-9670

4DoorGTZ
08-16-08, 11:17 AM
Yay for surfing at work, got me some wires and a free long distance call to Luke :)

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-19-08, 04:23 PM
bump.....still PLENTY left.....(help!!!)

Twitch
08-19-08, 04:43 PM
bump.....still PLENTY left.....(help!!!)
They're on my list, but I'm broke :yup:
Maybe in the winter.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-19-08, 04:44 PM
They're on my list, but I'm broke :yup:
Maybe in the winter.

Maybe I bring you a set on Oct 20th?

Twitch
08-19-08, 04:50 PM
Maybe I bring you a set on Oct 20th?
:thepan: lol :thepan:
Don't temp me, cuz i'll be extra broke at that point :nono:

STAGEUP
08-19-08, 07:26 PM
They're worth going even "more" broke for!!

ewill3rd
08-19-08, 09:53 PM
The oil pan is pretty tough on this engine, don't lift the car, but it can def. handle the weight of the engine enough to raise it to get the mounts out.
Headers add time but not difficulty. New gaskets are a good idea, use OE, never knew they were that cheap!

From the guys who have put these in... a "must have" for the V.
DIY, probably a full weekend (depending on tools, and how much beer you consume), less if you have a helper.

DILLIGAF
08-19-08, 11:48 PM
I'm still holding out for a super saturday sale Luke, these would be perfect for keeping my cross drilled rotors and Hawk pads company in the corner of the garage(still in box).

Twitch
08-19-08, 11:56 PM
That's what got me. All that work. For motor mounts?
My dealer ordered both sides, without even looking at the car. I'll get these, even if I put them to the side and let my dealer warranty them again.