: Lowering My V

jayanticoli
08-07-08, 09:34 AM
My V is in the shop right now being lowered and my tech cant get the spacers for the rear shocks that are talked about in the FAQ....Please help!!!!! where is the quickest place you fellow lowred V owners think i can get em..WildWhl if you read this please help!!!! :(

CTSV_510
08-07-08, 09:39 AM
Contact forum members Nels - he still has some washer kits available, but it would take a few days I think to get them

The washer specs are in the FAQ - you could always go to the hardware store...

jayanticoli
08-07-08, 09:51 AM
yea some people here at work said the hardware store too...u guys think like a bog chain like lowes or home depot or should i go to a small hometown one during lunch and try

whisler151
08-07-08, 10:28 AM
NELS can overnight them to you. I needed mine ASAP...I paypal'd him the money and I got them the next morning.

jayanticoli
08-07-08, 01:56 PM
well no luck at any local hardware stores and no luck at home depot.....i dont have enough posts to pm Nels so...Nels if you read this please msg me....if anyone can pm Nels for me that'd be awesome too

whisler151
08-07-08, 02:00 PM
...i dont have enough posts to pm Nels so...

Pay $5 to become a Supporting Member and you can PM. It is worth the $5.

Ferny
08-07-08, 02:09 PM
NELS can overnight them to you. I needed mine ASAP...I paypal'd him the money and I got them the next morning.

hey whisler, your car looks sick in your avator...can you post some pics? i got the silver bullet too...i been wanting to lower mine.....do we need a camber kit if it is lowered??

whisler151
08-07-08, 02:14 PM
hey whisler, your car looks sick in your avator...can you post some pics? i got the silver bullet too...i been wanting to lower mine.....do we need a camber kit if it is lowered??

Thanks...my last meeting of the day is in 45 minutes. After that I'm pulling the V in the back yard to clean her. I'll post some pics after it's clean.
All I did to lower it was get the Eibach Pro kit and the washers from Nels. I didn't need anything else.

jayanticoli
08-07-08, 02:28 PM
Is Nels still on here often?

CtsVrod
08-07-08, 02:43 PM
Yea Nels is around... I just got some Spacers from his as well.. but then sold them to another member and Got the GC kit instead.

Here is his email - nels996@hotmail.com

jayanticoli
08-07-08, 03:16 PM
thanks for your help fellas

jayanticoli
08-08-08, 02:12 PM
well i emailed nels at his personal email and i still havent heard anything back yet...any other suggestions?

SkullV
08-08-08, 03:47 PM
Here is a link to Nels motorsports company. It is called Raposo Motorsports. He also makes the rear strut tower brace that Luke at Lindsay sells:

http://www.raposomotorsports.com/products.php

BacDoc
11-19-08, 10:39 AM
Looking to pick up the Eibach kit. I'm looking for more cosmetic purpose than performance. Can anyone give me an idea on ride quality with the Eibachs? thanks.

whisler151
11-19-08, 10:57 AM
Looking to pick up the Eibach kit. I'm looking for more cosmetic purpose than performance. Can anyone give me an idea on ride quality with the Eibachs? thanks.

What part of the country do you life? I'm sure there is someone that is lowered close by and would be willing to give you a ride in their car.

stuckey
11-19-08, 11:02 AM
As far as lowering which route is the best to go for the performance aspect.

SoJersey05V
11-19-08, 11:19 AM
i jhave a lowering question... wrote this to GC last nite, but anxious for an answer...

i have the fe4s now.... want to lower the V with the GC kit... is hard/possible to use that the kit i have if i buy new shocks? FG2s or Penskes......

also if i buy the GC kit, does that come with EVERYTHING i need to lower it?

thanks

BacDoc
11-19-08, 11:25 AM
What part of the country do you life? I'm sure there is someone that is lowered close by and would be willing to give you a ride in their car.

No one near me. I'm in WV.

sleepys4
11-19-08, 01:52 PM
You can tell the car is lowered!! It feels a lot more planted and stable at all speeds. The ride is harsh over pot holes etc.

heavymetals
11-19-08, 02:13 PM
Are you selling this thing or modding it? :confused:

BacDoc
11-19-08, 02:26 PM
Me? Modding it. I don't track it or anything other than some occasional spirited driving. Like the lowered look.

heavymetals
11-19-08, 02:34 PM
My post was to the OP.

He posts he is modding the V and then he starts a new thread about having to sell it.

Make up your mind before you start dumping money into it.

PISNUOFF
11-19-08, 04:18 PM
My post was to the OP.

He posts he is modding the V and then he starts a new thread about having to sell it.

Make up your mind before you start dumping money into it.

He posted this thread back at the beginning of August. BACDOC revived it today, coincidentally on the same day as the OP posting that he has to sell it.

BacDoc
11-19-08, 04:20 PM
He posted this thread back at the beginning of August. BACDOC revived it today, coincidentally on the same day as the OP posting that he has to sell it.

:lol:

heavymetals
11-19-08, 05:04 PM
Ok, I get it now.

Nels
11-19-08, 07:33 PM
well i emailed nels at his personal email and i still havent heard anything back yet...any other suggestions?

Jayanticoli,

I got your email and responded to it. Hope the email finds you.

ajlanglois
11-19-08, 07:51 PM
Another question for the group...

My fiancée bought me the Eibach ProKit for Christmas. I bought a set of Eibach Springs a few years ago for my Mustang and had no problem installing them in by garage with some basic tools. I am sure that a number of you guys have already installed this kit on your V and I was just curious to know if you ran into any complications or if there is anything other than what comes in the kit that I will need. Thanks!

rangerrob
11-20-08, 07:32 AM
the GC's are sweet, just make sure you get the Feff fix for it, or else you'll have the most annoying knocking when you hit potholes/uneven roads... Nels sent you an email regarding this issue also...

Twitch
11-20-08, 10:06 AM
the GC's are sweet, just make sure you get the Feff fix for it, or else you'll have the most annoying knocking when you hit potholes/uneven roads... Nels sent you an email regarding this issue also...

Sup Rob. You back?
Look into a meth kit for that Maggie. Heat soak is a bitch.

jweymar
11-20-08, 11:28 AM
Sup Rob. You back?

:yeah:

rangerrob
11-20-08, 12:09 PM
Sup Rob. You back?

Twitch, what's going on man? I wish I was back, 3 months down, 9 more to go... Afghanistan is a wasteland! Can't wait to come back for a V day and more track time. just buying up goodies in the mean time and will dream about putting them all on next Fall.... lol...

BacDoc
12-10-08, 05:06 PM
Got my springs. Anyone have a pic of the Eibach setup on their car?

Ferny
12-10-08, 05:30 PM
whos done this themselves? how hard is it doing the rear shocks?

whisler151
12-10-08, 09:30 PM
Got my springs. Anyone have a pic of the Eibach setup on their car?

Check out my photo album...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=54115

BacDoc
12-10-08, 10:26 PM
I did thanks. Looks good but I'm looking for before / after or even a side profile.

Daniel35489
03-11-09, 05:49 PM
Question: I have installed the front springs (eibach pro kit) and was too lazy to do the rears so I had a local meineke install the rears using the spacers I got from nels. Now I have a message that comes on saying "service stability system." abs and t/c lights are lit. What went wrong here? Is this normal? Thanks in advance for your help.