: New V owner

Speedogomer
08-07-08, 08:52 AM
Hey guys, some of you might have read my posts about selling my WRX and buying a V, well just yesterday I drove several hours and purchased one, no pics yet, but I'll try and get some today.

I bought an 04 Black CTS-V with 36K miles, GM certified till 2010 or 100K miles, for $23,000.... sounds like a reasonable price to you guys? it was alot cheaper than other V's with similar (or higher) mileage that I saw. theres some very minor scuffs and one small dent, but less than my 2005 car I sold, for being a 4 year old black car the paint looks great.

So far I love the car, on the drive home it was mostly all interstate and I kept it in 6th forever, it wasnt until I got near home on some back roads that I really fell in love with the car. My WRX wasn't slow, but is a different beast, it's nice to have some power finally at 2K rpm!

Just a few issues with the car. Pretty loud parade type clunk and some clunks from 1-2 shifts, I'm going to have my local service dept check it out and see if the front diff bushings need to be replaced. Also theres some "deiseling" on shutoff which I hear can be engine mounts, so I'll have them take a peak. I'm really taking the car in to have the Nav buttons replaced, which aren't bad, but noticeable.

Other than those (common from what I read) issues, I love it. Her name is Cadence (all cars need names, and it has to be a female name)

Pictures later.

RightTurn
08-07-08, 09:16 AM
Congrats! :woohoo:

type911
08-07-08, 10:11 AM
Welcome.

CTSV_510
08-07-08, 10:29 AM
I'm really taking the car in to have the Nav buttons replaced, which aren't bad, but noticeable.

Make sure you tell your service writer that if they're going to replace your navigation unit (most dealers do that instead of just replacing the buttons) that they program the new unit for being in a CTS-V. If they don't, your Competitive Driving Mode won't work right because the nav comes programmed for a base CTS, which doesn't have multiple traction/stability modes.

:welcome:

stuckey
08-07-08, 11:48 AM

Speedogomer
08-07-08, 02:13 PM
I'll let them know about the sat/nav programing, I have to call them today and set up an appointment.

I swore I'd never buy a black car again, but silver is my least fav color car, and the stealth grey and redline colors weren't my thing. I have owned a black car before so I know the work it takes to keep them clean (alot).

I never liked the looks of V's with spoilers either, but this one I bought has one and in person it definately looks much better than in pictures, I actually like it alot.

814V
08-07-08, 02:24 PM
Make sure you tell your service writer that if they're going to replace your navigation unit (most dealers do that instead of just replacing the buttons) that they program the new unit for being in a CTS-V. If they don't, your Competitive Driving Mode won't work right because the nav comes programmed for a base CTS, which doesn't have multiple traction/stability modes.

shit! they just replaced mine and the "competitive driving mode" doesnt work... i wish i would have read this thread before i made one.. my b

oh and my car has a pretty gnarly clunk from 1st to 2nd as well.. from what i hear its normal so welcome to the club. i also mentioned the "dieseling" with my dealer and they said its normal for the V

Civardi
08-07-08, 04:19 PM
Welcome.

This is the first black car I have ever owned and swore that it would be my last. Then last month bought a black 4Runner. I am an idiot. We are on the list for a new Camaro and the wife wants black. I am screwed.