: Andy Pilgrim at V-Day II

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-06-08, 10:22 AM
SCCA world challenge team Cadillac driver Andy Pilgrim will be at V-Day II on October 20th at Summit Point. he will be on hand to instruct from YOUR cars DRIVER seat (GM does not allow him to ride shotgun while instructing). What this means is you can go out for a few laps in your car and learn the lines of the track from a professional race car driver!! Andy will be on hand to answer any questions you have throughout the day and just generally hang out. I spoke with him at length earlier in the week and he is geunuinly looking forward to being a part of this and seeing so many V's in one place. if you have not registered yet, what are you waiting for??? $260.00 for 6 20 minute sessions, lunch, and hang out with (and get some tips from) a race car driver!!

OldRoadDawg
08-06-08, 10:30 AM
Damn-n-n-n-n! That's fantastic.

My plans for October are to be on the left coast. Definitely going to try and find a way to rework my schedule for this event.

Way to go Luke and Lindsay Cadillac :highfive:

Cowan480
08-06-08, 10:58 AM
SWEET!!!!!!:yup:

He's in with me first!!!:bouncy:

qqik4u
08-06-08, 11:15 AM
:worship: Luke You are the man and this is going to be great.

Put me in line for tips from an official Race car driver - Oh yeah

So why are we not full for this day already -

Fellow V owner this will be and has been fun (on VI day). Let's see a big turnout this time.

:grouphug:

thebigjimsho
08-06-08, 01:08 PM
For anyone who hasn't met Andy yet, he is an incredibly gracious guy who will chat you up if he has the time...

Feffman
08-07-08, 03:41 PM
Guys, to get a pro driver in the car with you, especially one of Andy Pilgrim's caliber, for the simple price of entry ($260) to the Lindsay Cadillac Summit Point track day is an absolute steal. I hired a pro back in 1999 and it ran me $750 for a weekend. I hope you guys get your V out to the track with us.

Happy Motoring!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-12-08, 09:17 AM
Sending out flyers this week to a couple hundred V customers who might not get by this forum to often. sign up while you still can!!!!!

NormV
08-12-08, 06:25 PM
Had a chance to meet Andy this weekend with Corvettes @ Road America. Super nice guy and not like many race car drivers Andy shows allot of interest at our driving days. :)

Feffman
08-13-08, 06:37 AM
HI All:

There was a little confusion about the Hampton Inn hotel that will act as home base for the "Lindsay Cadillaac V-II" track day at Summit Point October 20th. Seems no one told several of the staff about the discount for those attending. It has been addressed and corrected.

We have discounted ($89 per night) hotel rooms reserved for the evening of October 19th under MVP Track Time" at the following hotel:

Hampton Inn
1204 Berryville Avenue
Winchester, VA. 22601
Phone: (540) 678-4000

The hotel is approximately 10 minutes from the track. Call them and they will hold a room for you.

If you have any questions about V-II Day, contact me at (314) 249-3770. Happy Motoring and I'll see you at the track.

Feff

rand49er
08-13-08, 07:38 AM
Andy Pilgrim? Driving our car with us sitting in the passenger seat?!!

You guys have made missing this really hurt. I really loved having the instructors in my car on V1 Day. Had they driven my car, too, it would have helped even more. Putting Pilgrim in the driver's seat with me would be fantastic! :thumbsup:

Alas, I have to wait for V-III Day, however.

rpm_69
08-13-08, 12:17 PM
So how do I sign up?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-13-08, 12:23 PM
TO sign up give me (Luke) a call at 703-824-9670 between 7:30-4:30

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-20-08, 12:08 PM
Received this email from Andy this morning.......

"Luke, I am really looking forward to the V day at Summit, I have not been there since the late eighties when I started in this business and we did a VERY wet 6 hour Firehawk race there. It will be great to see all the V's out there on the track, I had a fantastic time mixing it up with a bunch of V owners out in Fontana at the Speedway a month or so ago and now I get to do it on the east side. I am sure the east side V owners will kick some butt out where in counts, on the track lol.............please also let V day participants know I am happy to sign cars or models and I will bring some new autograph cards with me, along with being open to any questions. (FYI-there are no stupid questions). Take care and see everybody in a few weeks.........Andy Pilgrim "

CtsVrod
08-20-08, 12:12 PM
Received this email from Andy this morning.......

"Luke, I am really looking forward to the V day at Summit, I have not been there since the late eighties when I started in this business and we did a VERY wet 6 hour Firehawk race there. It will be great to see all the V's out there on the track, I had a fantastic time mixing it up with a bunch of V owners out in Fontana at the Speedway a month or so ago and now I get to do it on the east side. I am sure the east side V owners will kick some butt out where in counts, on the track lol.............please also let V day participants know I am happy to sign cars or models and I will bring some new autograph cards with me, along with being open to any questions. (FYI-there are no stupid questions). Take care and see everybody in a few weeks.........Andy Pilgrim "

Thats Awesome, Damn Im Jealous!! Wish I had my V for Fontana... Next Time!

Looks Like V-Day should be a blast!!

rand49er
08-21-08, 12:11 PM
Got my own invite in the mail today with handwritten address. You got the zip code wrong, btw. No way am I approaching the wife about this ... sorry, Luke.

Sure would like Andy to sign my car somewhere, though. Maybe the driver-side sunvisor? My helmet?

Say, did Andy address my envelope? Hm-m ... didn't think so ... probably as close as I'm gonna get. :crybaby:

I said it last time: If anybody's not done this before and is on the fence on this one, do it! It's an absolutely unforgettable experience. :highfive:

CTSV_510
08-21-08, 12:31 PM
Got my own invite in the mail today with handwritten address.

Me too. Blue paper. Sitting on my desk here it's really standing out in the mess of white paper. It's taunting me. I wish these track days could be done on the weekend.

Can we schedule V day III, IV or V for a weekend if we give enough notice to Summit? I suppose we're not important enough to take the track for a weekend day. I guess it's time to hire someone to do my job so I can be off doing more important stuff...

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-21-08, 02:55 PM
Me too. Blue paper. Sitting on my desk here it's really standing out in the mess of white paper. It's taunting me. I wish these track days could be done on the weekend.

Can we schedule V day III, IV or V for a weekend if we give enough notice to Summit? I suppose we're not important enough to take the track for a weekend day. I guess it's time to hire someone to do my job so I can be off doing more important stuff...

Drive out Sunday, hang out with fellow V guys. sick day on Monday, drive back Monday night (3 hours summit to West Chester). Back to work on Tuesday. SCCA and the other big deals have Summit booked pretty much every weekend throughout the year. Im lucky to get a Friday or Monday

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-21-08, 02:57 PM
Got my own invite in the mail today with handwritten address. You got the zip code wrong, btw. No way am I approaching the wife about this ... sorry, Luke.

Sure would like Andy to sign my car somewhere, though. Maybe the driver-side sunvisor? My helmet?

Say, did Andy address my envelope? Hm-m ... didn't think so ... probably as close as I'm gonna get. :crybaby:

I said it last time: If anybody's not done this before and is on the fence on this one, do it! It's an absolutely unforgettable experience. :highfive:

I am going to send you one every other day until you (or the Mrs.) gives in

rand49er
08-21-08, 03:31 PM
I am going to send you one every other day until you (or the Mrs.) gives inNext time Mrs. rand49er is in a good mood (let's see, when's the next eclipse? ... j/k ha ha), I'll mention it to her. :highfive:

(:shhh: Don't hold your breath.)

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-21-08, 04:11 PM
Next time Mrs. rand49er is in a good mood (let's see, when's the next eclipse? ... j/k ha ha), I'll mention it to her. :highfive:

(:shhh: Don't hold your breath.)

thats what you said about the first event and look what happened!!

rand49er
08-21-08, 08:00 PM
thats what you said about the first event and look what happened!!Yeah, that's what I was thinking. :lildevil:

I can see it now ...

rand49er: "Those guys on line are messing with me again, honey. They're trying to get me to go to another one of those car events in West Virginia in October. You know, where I had so much fun in May last time?" :yup:

Mrs. rand48er: "Oh, yeah?"

rand49er: "Yeah. But, it'd mean you'd have to stay home and watch mini-rand49er plus I'd need new tires to do it, and I'm trying to stretch out the time before I spend that kind of money on another set of tires. I think the car is just barely safe enough with those old Avons tires I bought three years ago. I should be able to eek out another year out of them if I'm careful." :sneaky:

Mrs. rand49er: "Honey, I don't want you to drive around in an unsafe car. Why don't you get on that tirerack.com website right now and order yourself a set of tires. Make sure to get something that's safe. I wouldn't want you to be driving around in some worn-out old tires."

rand49er: "Well, if I must." :)

Mrs. rand49er: "You sure are a good, frugal husband and who only thinks about the good of our family, you know that, rand49er? Say, do they have any room for someone else at that West Virginia thing in October? Maybe I can take a couple of days off so you could go."

rand49er: "Oh, I love you Mrs. rand49er! I'll call them tomorrow and check it out."

I must be :cookoo:.

CTSV_510
08-21-08, 08:05 PM
:histeric:

OldRoadDawg
08-21-08, 08:09 PM
Been giving this some thought.. haven't you??:Poke:

thebigjimsho
08-22-08, 12:33 AM
P-whipped...

ewill3rd
08-22-08, 07:04 AM
Ouch... and OUCH!!! :lol:

Feffman
08-22-08, 04:51 PM
Hi All:

Come on guys, the more V the merrier!

We will be opening the Lindsay Cadillac track day registration up to non-V cars and drivers after Labor Day. It will fill quickly, so get in while there are still spots available. I'll see you at Summit Point in October.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

V-Love
08-22-08, 06:36 PM
Paid up. I'm in. Car prep will start early and no more track days untill Summit. I will not miss this one. Feffman, I'll get the registration faxed within 24 hours.

rand49er
08-22-08, 08:14 PM
... I will not miss this one. ...How's your TB?

Not contagious, is it? ;)

V-Love
08-23-08, 07:52 AM
Ha ha. Replaced with my Cadillac sponsorship(gotta love warranty)I never did get to see exactly how it broke. I know there was a definite snap when I slammed the gas once. Now I have some other strange clicking noise when I accelerate and a thump in the suspension of something when I turn hard or go over a speed bump. I'll get her tuned in.

thebigjimsho
08-23-08, 08:19 PM
I'll have to get my suspension checked as well before V-day. Probably swap over to adjustable end links as well...

ewill3rd
08-23-08, 08:49 PM
Hey Dawg, are you coming down?
You didn't find anymore tools in your car did you? :lol:

terminal Velocity
08-24-08, 02:50 AM
Sounds like a great time...

ewill3rd
08-24-08, 07:28 AM
I just had the weirdest dream about this track day.
Man was it crazy.

Nutz
08-24-08, 02:58 PM
Somebody please have a video camera mounted inside (showing Andy driving). I think that would be COOL to see the track shredded by a pro from inside! :bulb:

OldRoadDawg
08-24-08, 07:52 PM
Hey Dawg, are you coming down?
You didn't find anymore tools in your car did you? :lol:
No Bill, still locked into previously made plans (but working to get out of them) :lildevil:

NormV
08-24-08, 08:08 PM
Keep working! :)

Pok forward to beeting you again, for the full day. :)

Norm

No Bill, still locked into previously made plans (but working to get out of them) :lildevil:

rand49er
08-24-08, 08:45 PM
... (but working to get out of them) :lildevil:You lucky dawg.

SkullV
08-25-08, 12:59 PM
Well guys, I was registered but I am going to have to cancel. Class started today and one of my professors scheduled a final for that day.

qqik4u
08-25-08, 01:01 PM
Well guys, I was registered but I am going to have to cancel. Class started today and one of my professors scheduled a final for that day.

What about makeup final - they do exist especially if you got sick you know:ill:

Nutz
08-25-08, 01:06 PM

That sucks! I have a good idea of how bad you wanted to go. I had to pass on V-II cause of a 50th anniversary party in my backyard... See you at V-III Skull! (hopefully at Mid-Ohio)

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-25-08, 03:13 PM
Hovering around 25 V's signed up so far but would love to hear from all you guys on the fence. the last thing I want to say to Andy Pilgrim is "you should have been here in May, there were twice as many V's!!" rand49er a spot has opened up for you....

Junior1
08-26-08, 01:20 AM
Working on my schedule...should know soon

Feffman
08-26-08, 08:00 PM
Maybe we should do a "Longest Drive" contest to V-II Day. I just Mapquested from my house to Summit Point at about 870 miles (one way). Hell of a haul if I drive it!

Feff

MLV
08-26-08, 10:42 PM
You got me by a few;825 miles for me. The guys from south Florida will take this one.

ewill3rd
08-27-08, 08:40 AM
Are you planning to drive up this time feff?
MO is pretty far from here.
Maybe you could bring one of my nephews up for the weekend :lol:
My sister and her 2 boys live there somewhere, I know her address but couldn't tell you where it is, never been there.

dukie1993
08-27-08, 04:03 PM
How much would it be for just the ride around w/ Andy? Photographer's special?

Feffman
08-27-08, 07:30 PM
Are you planning to drive up this time feff? Maybe you could bring one of my nephews up for the weekend :lol:
My sister and her 2 boys live there somewhere, I know her address but couldn't tell you where it is, never been there.

Ewill:

Not sure as towing awards a wopping 10MPG and the gas bill would NOT be pretty. It may be a game time decision that's work dependent.

Feff

ewill3rd
08-28-08, 07:21 AM
Ride alongs were no charge last time, but someone will have to have a car.
No camera in the vehicle unless it is bolted down was the rule last time.
As for the photographer person... I am sure someone will find a spot for you to sit.

dukie1993
08-28-08, 08:11 AM
I have a car, but I thought the Pilgrim deal was for paid entrants only. I am the Official Photog for the event, but I wasn't planning to take pics during the ride along. Maybe someone else will let me go in their car.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
08-28-08, 09:12 AM
Andy will be on hand to drive (not to ride in) paid V-Day II participants cars. owner of said car will ride with Andy Pilgrim to learn the lines of the track and see how a professional race car driver drives. of course there may not be time for Andy to drive everyones car who may want to ride with him so I will figure out a way to make it as fair as possible.

v-sam
08-29-08, 03:07 AM
Tow your V there Feffman! Speaking from personal experience after getting stranded at Sebring 14 hours from home. I would tow.

ewill3rd
08-29-08, 08:42 AM
Sorry for the confusion I may have caused there, I meant what Luke said, I just mixed it all up.
I know you meant your body, not your camera Dukie, just was reiterating that nothing loose will be allowed in the car. I figured you already knew that. ;)
I seem to have a gift for not being very clear about what I am trying to say sometimes.

Feffman
08-29-08, 02:18 PM
Tow your V there Feffman! Speaking from personal experience after getting stranded at Sebring 14 hours from home. I would tow.

Sam:

Not a V at the track but my Radical SR3 IF I can find the time for the long drive/tow.

Feff

pveomett
08-29-08, 02:25 PM
WooHoo I'm 1/2 signed up!:woohoo: Now I just need to fax the paperwork to Feff...

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there! And of course learning how to drive this thing. I got some studying to do so I know a little more about the track and what not. See you all down there:thumbsup::banana:

V-Love
08-30-08, 12:58 AM
I am gonna put you all in the wall.:xlol:

atdeneve
08-30-08, 05:46 PM
That's good to know.

Feffman
09-02-08, 07:18 AM
I am gonna put you all in the wall.:xlol:

Let's just not even go there, joking or otherwise. PLEASE!

No joke and fortunately not one of our track days, from one of our instructors, they had a recent episode of a guy punt (on purpose) another driver off track damaging both cars ala NASCAR. After punting the other guy off, the offender proceeds to start doing donuts on the back straight. He finishes his donuts then climbs atop his car and begins a striptease act. It took the track officials and local police about 45 minutes to get him off the roof of the car and subdue him. Personally I'd have just shot him!

We are opening registration for the Lindsay Cadillac "V-II" track day up to the general population today so call Luke Butler (703) 824-9670 at Lindsay Cadillac and get signed up before it fills.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

ewill3rd
09-02-08, 09:43 AM
His name wasn't Will Farrell was it? :lol:

All joking aside, yeah, that isn't funny.
What was the guy on?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
09-03-08, 10:38 AM
As promised Mark mentioned V-Day II on several non Cadillac boards and potetial participants have been coming out of the woodwork!! Obviously I am trying to keep this as Caddy as possible so I need everyone (rand49er too) that has been putting off signing up for one reason or another to CALL ME!! we are up to about 28 V's ,3 STS-V's, a supercharged CTS and a growing number of other makes.

Luke---703-824-9670

V-Love
09-03-08, 04:11 PM
Whats the hotel info again?

Feffman
09-03-08, 06:47 PM
Whats the hotel info again?

We have discounted ($89 per night) hotel rooms reserved for the evening of October 19th under MVP Track Time" at the following hotel:

Hampton Inn
1204 Berryville Avenue
Winchester, VA. 22601
Phone: (540) 678-4000

Come on guys, the more Caddys the better!

Feff

V-Love
09-03-08, 08:28 PM
As promised Mark mentioned V-Day II on several non Cadillac boards and potetial participants have been coming out of the woodwork!! Obviously I am trying to keep this as Caddy as possible so I need everyone (rand49er too) that has been putting off signing up for one reason or another to CALL ME!! we are up to about 28 V's ,3 STS-V's, a supercharged CTS and a growing number of other makes.

Luke---703-824-9670

I hope one super tuned BMW doesn't show up and school us all day. If a guy like that didn't have the right attitude....:thepan:
How do the STS-V's do out there?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
09-03-08, 10:07 PM
I hope one super tuned BMW doesn't show up and school us all day. If a guy like that didn't have the right attitude....:thepan:
How do the STS-V's do out there?

the one STS-V at the first V day did really well and that was on the more "technical" track. should be at least 3 coming out in Oct and on the much more wide open main circuit I expect them to do great. a couple more CTS-V's got signed up today.

rjoffe
09-04-08, 10:46 PM
Is there any type of "V-Train" scheduled to drive out of the DC area to Summit Point ?

Nels
09-07-08, 09:58 PM
Maybe we should do a "Longest Drive" contest to V-II Day. I just Mapquested from my house to Summit Point at about 870 miles (one way). Hell of a haul if I drive it!

Feff

Feff are non V's eligible for this contest?

Feffman
09-08-08, 07:42 AM
Feff are non V's eligible for this contest?

Nelson:

Let me start off by noting it's not a "contest" but simply a track day. Yes, non-V are allowed to join us for the on track fun at Summit Point October 20th as we opened registration to the general public after Labor Day.

Feff

Junior1
09-08-08, 03:25 PM
Anyone from the NY area driving down for this?

OR any threads started for meeting spots along the way let me know please...

pveomett
09-08-08, 03:58 PM
Anyone from the NY area driving down for this?

OR any threads started for meeting spots along the way let me know please...
I'm coming down from upstate NY (Rochester area) I would also like to meet up with some people on the way down there. It would make it a more interesting trip...

Junior1
09-08-08, 04:39 PM
I'm coming down from upstate NY (Rochester area) I would also like to meet up with some people on the way down there. It would make it a more interesting trip...

If all goes well I'll know this week if its a go for me.
I'll probably take the NJ Tpke to PA Tpke and grab I-81.
If you're close to Binghamton you can grab 81 up there and meet in PA or if you're closer to NYC we can meet up sooner...

Cowan480
09-11-08, 10:16 PM
Anyone want to get a train together from Southwest VA (Lebanon, VA)?? I will be in the area on Sat and Sun. I hope some of you want to get together a day or two early!!!

Feffman
09-17-08, 04:09 PM
Hi All:

I spoke to Andy Pilgrim this morning and he's very excited about joining us at Summit Point. So much so he plans to stand in on the classroom to offer pointers to the Novice drivers. Hell of an opportunity for us to pick a professional racing driver's brain! Kudos to Lindsay Cadillac for putting this together.

We are down to the final five(5) spots in the Novice run group. All the other run groups are full. Call Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (703) 824-9670 to get your V on the track October 20th at Summit Point. You'll love your V more after the event.

Hope to see you there!

Feff

Nutz
09-17-08, 06:57 PM
Feffman: "You'll love your V more after the event" :wisdom::true:

And you will know how to drive it better! :thumbsup:

(sorry, don't know how to correctly quote a SENTENCE)

ewill3rd
09-18-08, 07:22 AM
I missed the driver meeting last time, I'll have to get up earlier this time!
I am really looking forward to seeing all of you guys again.

V-Love
09-18-08, 10:58 AM
Hi All:

I spoke to Andy Pilgrim this morning and he's very excited about joining us at Summit Point. So much so he plans to stand in on the classroom to offer pointers to the Novice drivers. Hell of an opportunity for us to pick a professional racing driver's brain! Kudos to Lindsay Cadillac for putting this together.

We are down to the final five(5) spots in the Novice run group. All the other run groups are full. Call Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac (703) 824-9670 to get your V on the track October 20th at Summit Point. You'll love your V more after the event.

Hope to see you there!

Feff

This is truly unbelievable. To have a guy like that teach you anything would cost $500 minimum. Thats probably his hourly rate. I'm will be there with my note pad!
Whats the criteria for him to drive our cars? Drawing, pot luck, furthest participant, pay-off???