: Computer Silliness

samplejs
08-06-08, 09:40 AM
Just thought everyone would like to laugh.

I just bought an 07 V a few weeks agao and took it into the dealer to have everything checked out.

Only one problem found. When you pressed the button on the steering column to release the key the headlight washers would activate.

So every time I turned off the car it would wash the headlights. Service department staff was rolling when they saw it.

Have a good one,
James

JD03Cobra
08-06-08, 10:01 AM
At least your lights are clean!

CIWS
08-06-08, 10:11 AM
Well, that's a new one :)

:welcome: to the :v: and the Cadillac forum.

go4meco
08-06-08, 10:20 AM
I have an 07, and the same was happening to me. stopped on its own.

stuckey
08-06-08, 10:21 AM
:hmm: That's about the wierdest thing ever.

perfect
08-06-08, 11:07 AM
do all V's have headlight washers?

OldRoadDawg
08-06-08, 11:13 AM
do all V's have headlight washers?
Yep-p!

smoothq
08-06-08, 11:28 AM
I have to admit that would make me laugh also, never had that problem before tho... :lol:

Civardi
08-06-08, 01:00 PM
Wonder how the tuner got it to do that.

samplejs
08-06-08, 02:42 PM
Wonder how the tuner got it to do that.

I'm thinking the added horsepower from all the stickers and the tri-wing overloaded the computer CPU. ;)

jebfrank
08-06-08, 04:31 PM
I think this is a common problem with these cars. I was looking at a car in Wisconson that was brought back by GM due to the headlight washers automaticly activating.

IceDigger
08-06-08, 06:26 PM
Headlight washers? Did not know my car had them or does it?

SuperVeee
08-07-08, 10:31 AM
I think this is a common problem with these cars. I was looking at a car in Wisconson that was brought back by GM due to the headlight washers automaticly activating.

The day I bought the car from the dealer mine came on when I turned on the lights and would not cut off. It ran the tank dry in a few minutes. The dealer replaced the switch on th ecolumn which corrected the problem.

I never drive in snow or on salty roads which require headlight washers and did not want washer fluid on my clean car ever so I pulled the headlight washer relay out of the fuse box and put it in the glove box. Done.

rb1
08-07-08, 11:02 AM
Yup, My 05 V kindly washes my headlights about every 5 seconds for me when the lights come on. Sounded like a dying cat under the car at first till I figured out wahat was happening. Now whenever the lights come on and it starts up again, i just push the windshield washer button for a split second and it seems to stop the tank from going dry. You say there is a fuse to eliminate it totally?