: WTB Red Z06 FRC's ?

Junior1
08-05-08, 07:55 PM
I'm looking to get the Red Z06 FRC's, is StealthV still making these or no?
The site says out of stock and I've sent emails with no answer.

So just wondering if anyone knows the deal over there OR if anyone has a set they want to sell ?

Otherwise I'll buy stock ones and pay someone or make em myself...

RGRATTAN
08-05-08, 08:10 PM
What are FRC's?

I know cronie question but I can decode that Acronym

whisler151
08-05-08, 08:13 PM
Fuel Rail Covers. You can put them on once you take the trash can lid off the engine.
I'd post some pics but im on the PDA...sorry.

StealthV
08-05-08, 08:18 PM
The past month I've been living out of a hotel room 500 miles away from home so making covers is impossible. When we're moved into the new house, all will be right with the rain. :)

Junior1
08-05-08, 09:23 PM
The past month I've been living out of a hotel room 500 miles away from home so making covers is impossible. When we're moved into the new house, all will be right with the rain. :)

No problem, post up when you got a time frame...

Oleksakjr
08-30-08, 03:46 PM
lookin for some as well...

rand49er
08-30-08, 03:57 PM
Stock motor with Rick's FRCs:

UHH...
08-30-08, 07:19 PM
I just found a pair of red FRC's on craigslists for $40. Check the local listing in your area.

Junior1
09-02-08, 05:45 PM
I just found a pair of red FRC's on craigslists for $40. Check the local listing in your area.

I'm sure you can find them, but I believe we are looking for the ones that are already cut and notched for the V...

peter simov
09-03-08, 12:42 AM
ya i need the black ls2 frc

stuckey
09-03-08, 10:51 AM
where do they have to be cut? is this something easily done at home? or should we wait on stealth

smoothq
09-03-08, 11:23 AM
Somebody who has bought some FRC's from StealthV should make a templete from cardboard or something strong of both sides and sell it to us other forum members for like $5 bucks, then we could just cut out our own FRC's right the first time and not worry bought messing them up or taking all night to get it just right. That way we can both win, somebody makes a couple of bucks for there time and effort and we can dremal them out in like ten mins. Obviously mark drivers side and passengers side because they look like they are cut differently. JMO....:cool2:

deedubb
09-03-08, 11:28 AM
I want some red FRC's too.

rand49er
09-03-08, 07:08 PM
I want some red FRC's too.You are guaranteed to get laid/layed/whatever if you do. :rolleyes:

peter simov
09-04-08, 01:13 AM
^^ ya that i got 20 for a templet

peter simov
09-04-08, 01:13 AM
is it the same cuts for a ls2

SkullV
09-04-08, 11:04 AM
I would be willing to make the LS6 templates but only with Ricks blessing. I don't want another "Kars Upgrade" fiasco. It would just be a piece of poster board that you would wrap around and mark the FRCs with. If people are really interested post here and I will talk to Rick.

smoothq
09-04-08, 11:46 AM
I would be willing to make the LS6 templates but only with Ricks blessing. I don't want another "Kars Upgrade" fiasco. It would just be a piece of poster board that you would wrap around and mark the FRCs with. If people are really interested post here and I will talk to Rick.

I am very interested thats why I had brought it up to our forum. Anyways I hope we could make this happen because a lot people had such a problem with these things it would make it a life saver and people could easily use the templete for other FRC's that they might want to change down the road. So look into it with Rick and make sure that there are no problems. Thanks SkullV :highfive:

stuckey
09-04-08, 01:13 PM
I don't see why it would be an issue but you are going about it the right way to make sure there are no hard feelings. If you could make a template I would be very interested in buying a set. I have 2 sets of FRC's on the way so this would make putting them on a huge help.

peter simov
09-04-08, 02:50 PM
are they the same cuts for an ls2

CtsVrod
09-04-08, 03:43 PM
are they the same cuts for an ls2

I dont believe so... I think the LS2 FRC's are a different design. There not ZO6 :cool2:

whisler151
09-04-08, 08:48 PM
I dont believe so... I think the LS2 FRC's are a different design. There not ZO6 :cool2:

No...thank God. I think the old Z06 FRCs look retarded. :stirpot: LS2/3/7 have nice looking FRCs.

CtsVrod
09-04-08, 09:29 PM
No...thank God. I think the old Z06 FRCs look retarded. :stirpot: LS2/3/7 have nice looking FRCs.

I dont think I've seen the LS2 ones... But I like Mine. They were Sanded smooth and Clear Coated by Rick (StealthV) there the ones he had on his V, before he went with the Maggie... I think they look really clean.

peter simov
09-04-08, 10:42 PM
man i got 50 for a templet of the ls2

helogene
09-04-08, 11:19 PM
I would be interested too.....

SkullV
09-05-08, 01:56 AM
I am going to try and borrow a set of LS2 covers from my buddy and then use my LS6 covers. I am currently thinking that I am going to cut the FRCs myself and ship them out for $20 over the cost of covers plus shipping. Does that sound good to everyone? I will be emailing rick in the morning and hoping for a response within a week.

MOCTS-V
09-05-08, 03:22 AM
I would also like a set. I think Rick is planning on eventually selling the FRC's and going to tune once he gets his new house finished and gets his buisness established. Atleast thats what I have gathered from threads that he posted to right before he disappeared Good luck getting him to respond to your emails, I have been trying to email him for the last month with no reply.

deedubb
09-05-08, 08:56 AM
You are guaranteed to get laid/layed/whatever if you do. :rolleyes:

In that case, I'll take two :hide:

CadiBlk
09-05-08, 10:00 AM
I am going to try and borrow a set of LS2 covers from my buddy and then use my LS6 covers. I am currently thinking that I am going to cut the FRCs myself and ship them out for $20 over the cost of covers plus shipping. Does that sound good to everyone? I will be emailing rick in the morning and hoping for a response within a week.

Unless you have some alternate email not on his website, good luck with a response. I emailed him a couple weeks ago and I don't ever expect a reply back.

I'll give you a heads up and I'll pick up a pre-cut pair (ls6) from you when I come back for homecoming. I hope all is well back in good ol' west lafayette, btfu.

perfect
09-05-08, 10:05 AM
Unless you have some alternate email not on his website, good luck with a response. I emailed him a couple weeks ago and I don't ever expect a reply back.

I'll give you a heads up and I'll pick up a pre-cut pair (ls6) from you when I come back for homecoming. I hope all is well back in good ol' west lafayette, btfu.

I'll be at Purdue with my V for HC this year...maybe we should have a mini-meet if you are driving :alchi:

stuckey
09-05-08, 10:13 AM

Are you interested in doing some LS6 covers????

CadiBlk
09-05-08, 10:13 AM
I'll be at Purdue with my V for HC this year...maybe we should have a mini-meet if you are driving :alchi:

Jacksonville to WL, is a little bit of a haul. Also I refuse to drive my V around there (Ted you are a brave man). University with the largest foreign student population + the few dumb girls that go there = danger zone for nice cars. I got hit twice during my 4.5 years there. Yes that was 4.5 years, i needed another football season. Also, driving around during hc has the added difficulty of the numerous :alchi: being consumed.

SkullV
09-05-08, 10:37 AM
I will be doing both LS6 and LS2 covers. We just have to wait and see on Rick. I'll give it a week before I start making them.

stuckey
09-05-08, 10:44 AM
I will be doing both LS6 and LS2 covers. We just have to wait and see on Rick. I'll give it a week before I start making them.

Sounds great! Keep us posted. I just ordered a set of FRC's I'm goin to try and cut myself but I would def. be interested in buying another set and not have to mess with the hassle of cutting them. I want a smooth painted set and a stock looking set anyways.

As far as the trash can lid... Does the strut bar have to come off to get it off? I havent actually tried to take it off just looks like it will be a close fit to keep from damaging it.

perfect
09-05-08, 10:57 AM
Sounds great! Keep us posted. I just ordered a set of FRC's I'm goin to try and cut myself but I would def. be interested in buying another set and not have to mess with the hassle of cutting them. I want a smooth painted set and a stock looking set anyways.

As far as the trash can lid... Does the strut bar have to come off to get it off? I havent actually tried to take it off just looks like it will be a close fit to keep from damaging it.

Yes, you will need to remove the strut bar

see the FAQ for torquing the bolts back down to spec.

stuckey
09-05-08, 10:58 AM
Thanks!

Junior1
09-05-08, 01:07 PM

This is from a month ago when I first asked...I'm sure he'll chime in

SkullV
09-05-08, 02:01 PM
Well it looks like Rick's web page is dead so I am going to start this up. Let me talk to Sal about becoming an authorized vendor and see what the best price I can get on standard FRC's are. Once I have that info I will be able to get you guys a final price.

smoothq
09-05-08, 02:37 PM
Well it looks like Rick's web page is dead so I am going to start this up. Let me talk to Sal about becoming an authorized vendor and see what the best price I can get on standard FRC's are. Once I have that info I will be able to get you guys a final price.

Thanks Skull for lookin out for us BTW im obviously interested getting a set from you when get all set up with everything. I want a set of black LS6 when you get around to it.

stuckey
12-01-08, 11:01 AM
Reviving an old thread, but at least its for a reason. I got my FRC's cut the other day. It wasn't that bad. Sent StealthV an email asking for permission to sell these. Will probably keep around the same as skullv's price was going to be. That should be in the neighborhood of what SVE was charging for them(gonna do some checking for prices to see if i can get it down some). I can do the LS6 no problem but have not had my hands on an LS2.

Anyone in the Southeast willing to be my test dummy. I'd be willing to pay for the FRC's for the LS2, cut them, and install them. If you like them you can buy em if not I'll take em home and hang em on my wall or something.

So anyways if anyone is interested in this plz start a list and put which motor you have. MAx price on these will be around $200 shipped gonna try and get a deal on them to cut down on the price though.

stuckey
12-01-08, 12:19 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/155711-vette-frc-feeler-thread-who-wants.html#post1697967

moved to here

SkullV
12-01-08, 08:30 PM
I'm glad you are making this possible for everyone. I felt really bad when I wasn't able to deliver. New job takes up ALL my time with 19 credit hours of school too.