: Stability control flaky ness

m3driver
08-05-08, 05:23 PM
My stability control warning comes on randomly. Just driving down the highway the light will come on. Haven't hit any bumps, just cruising along. Happens more with stab control on than when in Comp driving mode but it still does it then too. With stabilitrak completely off no warnings.

Anyone see this before? I'd be happy to figure out a way of just having the car default to stabilitrak off...

Car of course is out of warranty.

Marco

atdeneve
08-05-08, 05:30 PM
Steering Position Sensor

urbanski
08-05-08, 05:31 PM
^^^^ lots of threads, search.

NormV
08-05-08, 06:30 PM
You seem pretty hands on, have you picked up pcm tuning software?

Norm

jashearer
08-05-08, 07:07 PM
Don't let the dealer "reprogram the PCM per instructions" that's what they said needed to happen to mine.

It's still happening, just haven't taken it back in yet. Mines under warranty still though :).

I've got to have about the last '04 still under factory warranty running around.

Jay

stuckey
08-06-08, 09:29 AM
Don't let the dealer "reprogram the PCM per instructions" that's what they said needed to happen to mine.

It's still happening, just haven't taken it back in yet. Mines under warranty still though :).

I've got to have about the last '04 still under factory warranty running around.

Jay

Got 1 Month and 1200 Miles left on mine.

OldRoadDawg
08-06-08, 10:03 AM

Jay

I'm good until 3/19/05 or another 10K before my CPO kicks in and covers me to 2011.

lollygagger8
08-06-08, 01:50 PM
I've got the same exact problem. Where the hell is that sensor at?

MauiV
08-06-08, 02:02 PM
My Certified Cadillac warrenty has another 16 months or 35,000 miles and its good thing because the tranny needs a fixin.

jashearer
08-06-08, 06:37 PM
I'm good until 3/19/05 or another 10K before my CPO kicks in and covers me to 2011.

Grrrr mines up at the end of December...

And I thought mine sat on the lot for a long time :)

m3driver
08-06-08, 09:29 PM
Grrrr mines up at the end of December...

And I thought mine sat on the lot for a long time :)

I would suggest getting a extended warranty, the major guard covers a lot and the price is fairly resonable. Given the complexity of these cars if you plan on keeping it long it will probably be a good buy, at the worst you may break even.

I was planning on getting a 09 V so I passed on the extended warranty back in Feb. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't :-(

Marco

jashearer
08-06-08, 11:31 PM
I would suggest getting a extended warranty, the major guard covers a lot and the price is fairly resonable. Given the complexity of these cars if you plan on keeping it long it will probably be a good buy, at the worst you may break even.

I was planning on getting a 09 V so I passed on the extended warranty back in Feb. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't :-(

Marco

I just as soon fix everything myself... even if that means paying for parts... I dread taking the V in even though its under warranty, so I'll pass on the warranty.

For those people that don't enjoy wrenching and don't have money to spend on parts when it comes up I completely agree.

Jay