: The Caddy family....

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 12:15 AM
I took these before, I should have gotten closer to the road, to get the front of all 3 but I didn't.

the light grey Brougham is my moms, it is an '89, gold editon with a big ol "pimp grille" the brown Brougham is her boyfirends, it's an '87, pretty basic, and the really sharp, nice looking DeVille on the side, is mine :D my baby- '93 Coupe DeVille (with gold emblem package too)

Damn, this makes us look ultra rich, but the Caddys loose their value soo quick, adn the late 80's Broughams are going for pennys on the dollar.

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 12:16 AM
You can see more of my car in this one

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 12:19 AM
Mostly my mothers car...... the thing needs alot of TLC, both inside and out...but money is a problem, and it runs, runs well, and gets her back and fourth to where she needs to go, so I guess it's good for now (we are slowly fixing things, but it needs quite a bit of little odds and ends)

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 12:21 AM
Here you can see the back of my car also

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 12:24 AM
And here she is :D

After I got out of work (at 3) I went outside, rubbed whatever little bit of rubbing alchohol we had on the windsheild of my car (someone drove through a carwash with that stupid wax thing, and messed up the windsheild) then I got glass cleaner and cleaned the inside and outside of all the glass, cleaned the dash etc.... then got our new little Dirt Devil, took the floor mats out (can see them on the ground in one of the pictures) vaccumed them and all the carpet in the car, there are no stains at all, or nothing like that, only thing is, on the driver floor mat, the carpet is rubbed off in the area your foot always rests (big deal)

You can also see where the Coupe deVille emblem fell off (now haning out in the trunk)

elwesso
06-09-03, 12:59 AM
Golden ride dude..... I didnt realize how nice looking it was......

Katshot
06-09-03, 09:25 AM
Real pretty car Rick.
My favorite year for the Deville

03EscaladeAWD
06-09-03, 12:26 PM
WOW!! Those rides are nice! I love the fins on the Broughams! They're my favorite Cadillac fins, besides the '59 Edlorado's ones. That DeVille has to be the cleanest and nicest looking one I have seen in a LONG while. Those windows are so clean!!! Keep it up, and if everyone did that, Cadillac wouldnt need any CTS or XLR to bring Cadillac back to the top!

elwesso
06-09-03, 01:46 PM
I agree......

Ill trade you ;)

Elvis
06-09-03, 05:19 PM
what a beautiful baby....

You can find those emblems on eBay pretty cheap. 3m makes a double-sided adhesive tape that you can custom cut to hold it on, if necessary. All-in-all, you can probably do the job for under $15.

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 05:38 PM
Hey, thanks for all the comments guys, here are a few pictures I just took....my car is still dirty (although the glass is clean :) ) but we don't have a spikit for the garden hose, or else I would hand wash it.

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 05:38 PM
I love the car from this angle

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 05:40 PM
Here is the passenger side

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 05:45 PM
We actually towed the camper with my moms Brougham on two seperate local camping trips last year....spent almost $1500 on stuff for the car, and camnper to get it all ready, but the 307 just dosn't have the power to do it, the friggin tounge weight on the camper is almost 500lbs....it is a 1972 Shast 16SC....16 feet long, about 2300lbs..... it needs work, but gets the job done.... the lastest news is, we are going to winch it in the back of our property and make a mini-camp site with picnic table and fire ring with it, as we don't have a truck to pull it with, and it has seen better days. (some previous idot jack-knived the thing witha big truck or something, you can see the big dents onthe front) But hey, for the $250 we got it for, it's not bad (gas/electric fridge, stove and heater all work) so it is just used as a second bedroom right now (for company or something like that)

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 05:46 PM
I think this is just a cool picture. Anyone know how to get the condensation out of the turn signal lights out?

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 05:47 PM
This shows the top...I don't think it's vinyl...not sure what it is, but I like it. I really like the wreath and crest in the glass too.

Do those side opra lights go on at night, or are they for show?

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 05:53 PM
And finally, the back of my car.

I persoanlly love the '91-'93 Coupe DeVille, I like my '93, becuase I can say it's the last year of the Coupe DeVille.... but the car just looks nice..... IMO (no offense to anyone that has one...) but in '94, they became ugly..... just too rounded, no charactor for the front/grille, and the back was also rounded.....infact I didn't really start to like the DeVille again until the new 2000 (right?) year change.... but I like the new STS better then the DeVille.

I dunno what it is about my car, I used to think that it was a real crappy car (wayy back) and it was part of Cadillacs big downfall etc... then when I decided I didn't want a late 80's Brougham, I started looking at other models around this time, saw the Coupe DeVille, said, oooo I like it, and started doing alot of reasearch on both the car and the engine. I am very happy with my purchess.

I like the nose/grille, the hood how it still has charactor to it (not just flat or rounded) there are still mini-fins on it, the back looks cool, there is alot of chrome outside, but it is not tacky, and looks nice etc... and I really like the setup of the interrior (although I hate the idea that there is no tach, oil pres, temp or volt guages.... I want to add those though)

Sorry for the long message here... I would put these in the gallery but I want to wiat until I get the car washed and waxed (once I start driving it) and take pictures in a better place then my driveway..... as you can see from the pictures, I love in the middle of nowhere...all farm land.

Elvis
06-09-03, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Panther
..... as you can see from the pictures, I love in the middle of nowhere...

Sounds like a country song, "Love in the middle of nowhere..."

Actually, with the reclining seats, you might just get lucky parked in a cornfield or something with that special someone...

Elvis
06-09-03, 06:11 PM
So you're counting down the days until you can drive that thing, right?

What is it now, 22? How many hours? Minutes? Seconds?

Night Wolf
06-09-03, 11:23 PM
opps, I mean Live lol

It is all apple farm land, in fact, you probally get most of your apples from this region :D

Elvis:

Yes, actually I have a mini count down clock, and according to it right now, I have 21 days, 13hrs. 12min and 45 sec. :D

I went to Advnace today, and got some things for my car... I got chrome cleaner, and cleaned the driver side and front (got too dark to do the rest) and WOW does it shine, I will post pics, but I am afraid I will be posting too many and get some of you guys mad :) I also got some leather cleaner/condition spray to clean up the car with.

Ralph
06-10-03, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Panther
I think this is just a cool picture. Anyone know how to get the condensation out of the turn signal lights out?

I've got the exact same problem, so I smeared some clear silicone around the lens, it helped but it is not cured!:mad:

Elvis
06-10-03, 12:33 PM
Panther, you're not going to make me mad posting a bunch of pictures.

I'm kinda vicariously re-living your countdown through the internet. I got my license at 15, but my first vehicle wasn't nearly as nice as yours. I'll try to find a pic for you and post it.

elwesso
06-10-03, 05:24 PM
Rick, when you get your license, dont fail the test :halo:

And with that car you can drive as fast as you want, cops never stop "old timers" cars because either they cant read the speedo or they cant control their foot :)

What kind of leather stuff did you get???? I have had good luck with turtle wax..... It doesnt clean it real good, but it makes it feel like new (not greasy, slimey, armor-all-ey)

Night Wolf
06-10-03, 09:17 PM
I bought Black Gloss (or is it gold?) in a spray bottle, worked real well.

LOL @ the old people thing ;)

TECHNICALLY this isn't my first car, my first car was (is) my '91 Grand Am.....was going to be one hell of a project car, and be awesome, but the project was gonna be with my father, who is just not a real nice person when it comes to many things, anyway, my hdd got corrupt, and I lost everything, along with all the pictures of my GA I had, but here is a crappy one:

Well, I can't find the picture, but I then bought a '90 parts car (actually completle, runs nice, interrior is great- we were gonna switch it over, but it is bdaly rusted and rotted out) $800 between the 2 cars, and now I am just going to sell them before I put anymore time/money into it.

I am pissed though, all the cleaning to the chrome I did yesterday, dosn't really pay now, it rained alittle and now it is all spotted and dirty, it is still shiny, but dosn't look as nice..... plus the whole car is alot more dirty now, so I figured, I'll wait until I start driving it and bring it to the car wash, and worry about that then, for now I cleaned the whole inside, checking out the engine, finding where everything is etc..... and just sitting in the car listening to music :D

Funny thing, Since I got the car, I thought it kinda sounded alittle weak for a V8 (although, I know it's due to the stock exhaust system to make it quit) and a few other things..... when my friend came over today to check out my car (he has a '98 Jetta with the 4banger) as he got in the car to go (I had raced the 4.9 just for the hell of it while we were talking) I asked him to race his engine, it sounded wimpy (1.8L I think?) I know my Quad4 in my Grand Am sounded alot more..... deeper and better even with the wreck exhaust syste, (well, the piping was kinked from the accident) but I was mostly surprised at how long it took to pick up in rpm, I was watching the tach, and he had his foot into it, but it took awhile....longer then my 4.9

I was looking at the intake system on it, I want to get a K&N, but is there anything I can do to open up the intake more? there didn't seem to be any restrictions or anything, onlything is the intake is behind the headlight.....would I get any increase in performance by re-routing it somewhere, or is the stock intake good enough?

elwesso
06-10-03, 09:38 PM
Check out GMF!! They have many threads about re working the air intake!!!!!!

www.gmforums.com