: warranty ?

dieselp
08-04-08, 07:06 PM
I have a 2005 cts v with 15,000 miles on it. it is out of warranty on 8-08-08 i have a price of $1,550 for a 5 year 50,000 gmpp major gard with 0 deduct. is this a good deal or has anyone gotten a better deal thanks.

CtsVrod
08-04-08, 07:20 PM
Sound good to me... From what I've heard from other members, that sounds like a great price

Civardi
08-04-08, 07:30 PM
Jump on it for that price.

CTSV_510
08-04-08, 10:19 PM
That's a great price!

odla
08-05-08, 07:52 AM
pull the trigger

Lindsay Cadillac
08-05-08, 08:23 AM
Just to clarify so you don't think you are getting more than you are...

A 5 year/50,000 mile is only going to give you coverage for one more year and an additional 50,000 miles. The policy starts from the original "in-service" of the vehicle and the mileage is added to the current odometer.

dieselp
08-05-08, 12:13 PM
its not the certified used warranty it is a gmpp extended warranty they told me it starts the day i buy so it will be good till 2013 and i have 15,000 miles on the car so the warranty is good till 65,000 miles. let me know if this is incorrect befor i buy thanks

iwantactsv
08-05-08, 12:43 PM
its not the certified used warranty it is a gmpp extended warranty they told me it starts the day i buy so it will be good till 2013 and i have 15,000 miles on the car so the warranty is good till 65,000 miles. let me know if this is incorrect befor i buy thanks

Where are you getting the quote from? I would like to call them too.

NIK
08-05-08, 03:13 PM

I'm going to be watching this post closely. I'm under the impression that a gm extended warranty is more along the lines of what the fellow from Lindsay said. I too have a GM Major Guard extended warranty which takes my car to 2010 and/or 60,000 miles. I would love to extend it another 5 years if I could as I intend to keep this vehicle for quite a while.

dieselp
08-05-08, 04:32 PM
i got the price from gmprotectionplanonline.com talked to debbie i got the original price of 1650 and told them that i had a freind at a dealer that could get me it for 1550 and he can. told jackiln and she said the best she can do is 1500 even i said ok and am asured that the warranty will be good till 2013 or 65,000 miles. you can talk to jackiln,karen,or debbie the phone # is 1-888-881-4990 hope that helps iwantactsv, nik my car is just coming out of factory warranty i dont think you can add another gmpp on top of one but you can call and find out.

smoothq
08-05-08, 04:41 PM

Correct the warrenty starts from the date of purchase not original date of purchase. You are good to buy I would jump on that deal. I used to be in the finance department, and for that coverage it is usally $1,999 so good luck.

Bigron
08-05-08, 04:41 PM
Just to clarify so you don't think you are getting more than you are...

A 5 year/50,000 mile is only going to give you coverage for one more year and an additional 50,000 miles. The policy starts from the original "in-service" of the vehicle and the mileage is added to the current odometer.

I disagree, the GMPP Administration Guide states:

"The time and mileage of any vehicle service contract and Smart Care vehicle maintenance contract will be calculated from the date and odometer mileage at the purchase date of the contract."

Both time and mileage is additive.

dieselp
08-05-08, 05:36 PM
yes the warranty if i bought today starts today and at the mileage that the car reads today so if i bought a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty it would be good untill aug 2013 or 65,000 miles because i have 15,000 on the car now.

we7858
08-06-08, 05:18 AM
there is alot you should know before committing to an extended warranty. I shopped for a long time and ended up with warranty direct. do some research, read the articles at

--please become a supporting vendor if you want to advertise
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html
- urbanski

CadzillaTN
08-15-08, 02:33 PM
I know price quotes depend on current mileage. I think 36K was the first major milestone when prices jumped a good bit. I was at 32K on my 04, and got a 3 yr addl 45K miles for $2095- $50 deductible. This may seem higm but the guy insisted he put me on the money with it. I went in armed with many legit dealer quotes and he beat them.

not sure how you are out of warranty and I also was told that 0 ded doesn't exist on an extended warranty. Who knows. Its all gravy. EVEN if that price takes you to 50K only, and not to 65K, its still a hell of a deal. get it in writing with a blood fingerprint though

CadzillaTN
08-15-08, 02:37 PM
I believe it will also go a long way with your "gray area" repairs when you spend the cash at your local dealership and not with some 2 bit online company. Just do your homework on quotes and go negotiate. Although many cosmetic things aren't covered by the extended version they can elect to replace anything

CadzillaTN
09-19-08, 08:14 PM
below is an example of my dumb a** doing a warranty search and responding to the thread I had already responded to--- for the second time. I spent so much time typing that im going to leave it.

that is an INSANELY good price............................................. ...........................

but you only have 15K miles. its an odds game. $ 1500 may

Im not sure what the different mileage tiers are but when I bought my GMPP 3 yr/45K mile warranty,I was at 32K and the threshold was 36K miles for the 04s to get the "better " pricing. After that, the price went up sharply. Ill post my entire grid when I find it. I called 3 internet companies and went to 2 dealerships before I decided. Last guy(dealer) saw my list and gave me a quote od $2095. I got the impression that this was a GOOD price. The warranty term started the day the factory one expired. If someone has a finance buddy at Cadillac....call them and check this price for me...im just curious.

ONE NOTE: to get the GMPP, I was told you must purchase it a MINIMUM of 30 days left on the factory warranty. However, that may only pertain to a GMPP warranty, not a 3rd party company...just a heads up. so be sure to ask that question...

to get a GMPP extension, you must renew it is 3mos, or 3Kmiles before term date.

hope this helps.

I asked 100 questions but apparently not enough. starting different thread about one I forgot..:bunchies::bunchies::bunchies::bunchies:

Bigron
09-20-08, 01:38 AM
^^^^ Worked in the GMPP division for 2 years and still works for GMAC so I am pretty sure I can answer pretty much any question and have helped many people on here.