: Fuel Consumption-Tornado Fuel Saver

kdybread
06-10-04, 05:02 PM
Anybody got any tips or tricks for getting a 95 SLS to breathe better...my joint eats up a bunch of gas, and I'm figuring there has to be a way to get some extra efficiency out of it.

Tornado: Does anybody currently use or have any info on the pros and cons of using one of these Tornado intake inserts? I have 95 SLS and was thinking about getting one..they claim the thing will get you a few extra mpgs.

growe3
06-10-04, 10:20 PM
The Tornado intake inserts are junk.

Nothing you put in the air flow will increase your power or efficency, except a supercharger.

Make sure you have a clean air filter and you are good, as far as intake air flow.

-George

caddyshack24
06-11-04, 01:00 AM
i read a (few)article long ago about how this was a scam and not regulated by the goverment, waste of money, and almost doesnt help the MPG..smething to that effect. i decided not to buy one because of it.

but your thread made me wonder, since the engine is fuel injected and the computer controls the air to fuel ratio.. 10:1, i think it was. that nothing would help

LCLCLC
06-11-04, 02:46 AM
I've got a stock reply to people thinking of buying one of these.

They cost about $60.

Using my following plan, each one of us can make $30.

You - don't buy one, but send me $30.

You save $30 off the purchase price, I make the $30 you send me.

Good deal for both of us.

caddyshack24
06-11-04, 03:24 AM
LMAO, LCLCLC you're a freakin' mastermind !

Randy_W
06-11-04, 08:54 AM
I've got a stock reply to people thinking of buying one of these.

They cost about $60.

Using my following plan, each one of us can make $30.

You - don't buy one, but send me $30.

You save $30 off the purchase price, I make the $30 you send me.

Good deal for both of us.
I'd like to get in on this pyramid early!!!!:D

JSMeloche
06-11-04, 09:45 AM
I tryed the piece of junk in my 95 STS. Got a good deal for 15$ on Ebay.

It does not fit right. The only place i could manage to fit it was in the bend of the tube going from the filter to the throtle body. And yes I had the good size Tornado. It was at a weird angle and obstructed part of the airflow. So it decrease fuel mileage by about 1 mpg. The quality of construction is good, thats about the only positive point.

I even called Tornado to see if the could help me. They have good customer service but i think the guy is alone there!!! he just told me "Take a picture and call me back any time, im always here". This guy must me making tons of money with this piece of crap :worship:

Ho and I sold it back to an idiot on ebay for 36$ LOL. :lildevil:

Privateer
06-11-04, 09:46 AM
I have found the TORNADO requires special installation procedure to work properly on the Seville and MUST be followed in this exact sequence.

1) Remove air duct connected to throttle body.
2) Carefully clean deposits with small brush and carb cleaner
3) Place TORNADO on concrete driveway and smash flat with ball pein hammer
4) Reassemble air duct.
5) Properly dispose of TORNADO so it won't do any damage to anyone else.

mcowden
06-11-04, 05:54 PM
kdybread -

In case you didn't gather already, the tornado thing is one of the biggest scams most people have ever seen or heard of. Spend your money instead on making sure the car is tuned up well. How many miles on it? Has it ever had the plugs and wires changed? How about an air filter, PCV valve, oxygen sensors, or has the throttle body ever been cleaned up? Maybe even a fuel filter? Are there any trouble codes on it? If it's drinking gas, start with the standard tune-up stuff instead of "miracle cure" scams. If it sounds too good to be true...

Good luck!

Ranger
06-11-04, 06:20 PM
The money made on the Tornado would make P.T. Barnum proud. Oh yeah, forget the fuel line magnet as well, more junk.

JohnnyO
06-12-04, 12:18 AM
:coolgleam It's a scam. Exactly how is it going to influence airflow when it is UPSTREAM of the intake manifold with runners that tune and channel the air? :confused:
My favorite though is the "electric supercharger" for about $130 on eBay that is actually a boat bilge exhaust fan that West Marine sells for about $25. That won't work on a car either. :rolleyes:

OlManRivah
06-12-04, 11:22 PM
The Northstar gets quite good gas mileage for a luxary, high performance car.

You can't have it all.

If the caddy is getting less than the gas mileage you want, you need to go to a smaller, less performing auto.

I'm just telling it like it is.....no magic wand.........:cool:

kdybread
06-16-04, 03:38 PM
:hide: ...didn't mean to get everybody all fired up...lol..I guess we got some bad experiences in here concerning this scam....
I appreciate everybody's input..obviously this was a great question to ask before I got completely screwed...

BTW, what kind of mpgs is everyone getting on there Sevilles 94/95/96