: Anyone useing iPhone 3G with STS bluetooth?

drjdan
08-03-08, 06:28 PM
I have an iPhone 3G on order to upgrade my current iPhone.

Has any used the 3G with the STS Bluetooth?

Any difference in quality of usage? Still get the buzz at start of connection? Anything else noticed?

dhemrick
08-03-08, 09:33 PM
I just got mine yesterday. Like you this was an upgrade from my original iPhone which I adored except for the buzz when placing a call through the STS bluetooth. I have done a few test calls and talked to my mom once for an extended period, and it seems to connect just fine. Voice quality is at least as good as the original if not better. Best of all, I have YET to reproduce the infamous BUZZZZZZ when dialing a call.

I only have one day experience with it, mind you, but if it does nothing more than solve the loud buzz issue, then I'm happy.

As a side note, I also did an experiment where I hooked the headphone output to the audio input connection in the console, and then used the Pandora internet radio application on the iPhone over broadband 3G connection. It worked VERY well and provided great sound... I would say even better than XM. Since data is unlimited, that could provide an alternative commercial free music source for those who do not subscribe to XM.

Cliff8928
08-04-08, 02:11 AM
I just got my 3G friday (they just got them back in stock!), I had the original iPhone but sold it before I got the STS. I have yet to use it in the STS (driving the XLR most of the time) but it's good to hear that you're having success over it.

drjdan
08-05-08, 12:09 AM
Is the Radio/Nav system the same in XLR as STS? My understanding it that the STS and Corvette use the same Radio/Nav system.

Cliff8928
08-05-08, 03:54 AM
Nah, the NAV in the XLR is garbage by comparison. It's the same setup as the SRX and the older DTS/STS i think. The Corvette is different (same as the grand prix). The corvette only has buttons on one side of the screen and two disc slots behind it.

jono6406
08-05-08, 08:43 AM
The corvette, sts and grand prix use the same navi disc.

Jono

Cliff8928
08-05-08, 01:35 PM
The corvette, sts and grand prix use the same navi disc.

Jono

As well as the 9-5 uses that one. The one in the XLR is used in the SRX, DeVille and Seville.

dhemrick
08-05-08, 03:18 PM
Well, I got ahead of myself on this one. I just made a call today from my iPhone 3G connected to the STS via bluetooth, and it buzzed in the same manner as the old one.

I had made several calls before this without the preceeding buzz, but my luck ran out.

Bottom line is that it looks like the new 3G iPhones have the same issues with the STS bluetooth that the 2G iPhones had.

Dammit.... :helpless:

jjsocrazy
08-07-08, 12:32 PM
I am going to my father's dealership to see what the hell they can do about this buzzing and hopefully fix it! Because the day I got my iPhone 3G I was praying it wouldn't BUZZZZZZZ but I was wrong.

Joe

byron.hopp
09-21-08, 02:14 AM
I went as far as I could with GM to ask them to fix the buzz problem as related to my iPhone (had 2G, now have 3G, buzz sounds almost exactly the same). Basically GM (coporate not dealer) told me to pound sand, somewhere they have stated which phones it works with, and thats as far as they go. This is not a problem which needs to be fixed, this is a problem that will not be fixed. I will leave a bad taste in my mouth when the lease is up. Beyond the buzz there are several times where my bluetooth does not automatically link up, I don't find this out usually until I am on the road and I cannot pair it because the nav screen will not allow me while in motion. How many years will they keep it this way, I cannot use the nav while moving as well. Are they wanting us to utilize on-star so they can make the 225 bones per year? What up?

Benjamin Simon
09-21-08, 04:25 AM
I went as far as I could with GM to ask them to fix the buzz problem as related to my iPhone (had 2G, now have 3G, buzz sounds almost exactly the same). Basically GM (coporate not dealer) told me to pound sand, somewhere they have stated which phones it works with, and thats as far as they go. This is not a problem which needs to be fixed, this is a problem that will not be fixed. I will leave a bad taste in my mouth when the lease is up. Beyond the buzz there are several times where my bluetooth does not automatically link up, I don't find this out usually until I am on the road and I cannot pair it because the nav screen will not allow me while in motion. How many years will they keep it this way, I cannot use the nav while moving as well. Are they wanting us to utilize on-star so they can make the 225 bones per year? What up?

Where is said list???????? I would love to see it.
The bluetooth in the accord works great.
Sad, very sad...