: Saleable V2 builds to being 8/4 or 8/11

Woody_MI
08-03-08, 02:07 AM
All executive and "magazine" cars left the plant on Friday 8/1 and the first batch of saleable cars will start either this Monday or next Monday. Hope to be able to provide proof later in the week.

The word around the plant is $68k (don't know if that is base or not and the STS-V jumps to $81k) which is around what all of the wise members of this forum speculated.

chris1268
08-03-08, 09:04 AM
Any word on placing the actual orders then? I still can not get my order number from my dealer.

Woody_MI
08-03-08, 10:08 AM
My source isn't knowledgable in that area as they build they build the cars and have no interaction with that part of the process. My source said that the first batch of saleable cars are built and held at the plant while they get feedback from the executive/magazine group. This allows them to fix any issues prior to releasing the cars to the public and having to do a recall. They also confirmed the plant will be shutting down in December or January to retool for the coupe. No word on when it will be available or if a V version is plannned, as the retooling will be a major project. They couldn't remember ever having built a coupe at that plant.

V-Love
08-03-08, 10:14 AM
Nice. I can't wait to read the reviews from car mags.

chris1268
08-03-08, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info.....Hopefully that means we are still looking at an October/Novemebr release timeframe.

Jpjr
08-03-08, 02:37 PM
Thanks for this new info. Looks like production has begun much sooner than we thought... great news! Hopefully the car mags only feedback is to reduce the sticker.

Dr Chill
08-03-08, 05:39 PM
I doubt 8/4 since dealer orders are still not being accepted yet.

GNSCOTT
08-03-08, 08:22 PM
Dr Chill is right. You will not see a saleable car built before a dealer takes an order. I am willing to bet you do not see a saleable car coming down the line for at least a month from now and even then it will be a stretch. Then you have to hope that there is not a shut down like on ZR1 production, but that is due to fitment issues with the CF parts from what I am hearing.

My prediction is that the first one will come off the line 2-4 weeks AFTER dealers take orders.

Rich H
08-03-08, 09:25 PM
$68K sounds more reasonable than some of the low ball figures I'm seeing in the car mags. I would expect that price to cover some options but not likely the Recaro seats and auto tranny - but we shall see.

Jpjr
08-03-08, 10:17 PM
Dr Chill is right. You will not see a saleable car built before a dealer takes an order. I am willing to bet you do not see a saleable car coming down the line for at least a month from now and even then it will be a stretch. Then you have to hope that there is not a shut down like on ZR1 production, but that is due to fitment issues with the CF parts from what I am hearing.

My prediction is that the first one will come off the line 2-4 weeks AFTER dealers take orders.

Although that certainly seems logical, it is still theoretical. If this guy provides proof like he says that cars are being built then that would be good news for all of us. I suppose there is a scenario that GM will want to delay the launch even if the car is ready, not unlike Ford is doing with the F-150.

CIWS
08-04-08, 07:39 AM
I hope one of the shows/mags getting one to look at is Top Gear :D The GT-R hauled ass around their track with The Stig. Although it's a different class of car I'm still curious where the CTS-V will do.

68K sounds about right for where I've been guessing with auto and options. (65-70K + Gas guzzler). So if true, potential owners need to be planning on a 70K car, especially if buying one right off the bat.

The coupe info would seem to make the car mags correct in their estimates of a May time frame.

GT-R and The Stig (if you haven't seen it)

UbdZn3-Zq9g

HiTechRV
08-04-08, 10:30 PM
My source isn't knowledgable in that area as they build they build the cars and have no interaction with that part of the process. My source said that the first batch of saleable cars are built and held at the plant while they get feedback from the executive/magazine group. This allows them to fix any issues prior to releasing the cars to the public and having to do a recall. They also confirmed the plant will be shutting down in December or January to retool for the coupe. No word on when it will be available or if a V version is plannned, as the retooling will be a major project. They couldn't remember ever having built a coupe at that plant.

It's a newer plant and no they have never build a coupe there.

BigFred
08-04-08, 11:29 PM
$68k, :crybaby: oh that hurts. I know the performance commands it, but $18k more than the last V with the main additional features of magnetic shocks and a supercharger? I consider the other features a matter of keeping up with the competition. A $70k company car :wambulance:

Jpjr
08-05-08, 05:23 AM
$68k, :crybaby: oh that hurts. I know the performance commands it, but $18k more than the last V with the main additional features of magnetic shocks and a supercharger? I consider the other features a matter of keeping up with the competition. A $70k company car :wambulance:

That number has me skeptical as well. You are right, $18k for an extra 150hp is not cheap horsepower. In context of the market it is still value but at that price I will be waiting a while for my discount.

CIWS
08-05-08, 08:18 AM
The last time I looked the difference between the 09V and the 1st Gen V was more than adding 150HP. The whole car is completely new.

If the price is too much then keep (or buy) and existing CTS-V and stick a S/C on it. You'll end up in the same ballpark with power for a lot less money, if that's all you're looking for.

Jpjr
08-05-08, 10:17 AM
The last time I looked the difference between the 09V and the 1st Gen V was more than adding 150HP. The whole car is completely new.

If the price is too much then keep (or buy) and existing CTS-V and stick a S/C on it. You'll end up in the same ballpark with power for a lot less money, if that's all you're looking for.

The last time I looked there is a lot more different about the base CTS too and it is not 18k more money than the old version. The premium is mainly for the power and not the extra build costs.

V-Love
08-05-08, 10:42 AM
The # should be out soon. If the car mags are testing the V now, they usually have an MSRP to go along with it.

CIWS
08-05-08, 10:50 AM
The last time I looked there is a lot more different about the base CTS too and it is not 18k more money than the old version. The premium is mainly for the power and not the extra build costs.

So you think the only real difference between an 08 / 09 CTS and a CTS-V is in the power plant ? Come on dude, the CTS-V actually has the electronic e-brake button in it vs a blank. :D

Look at the cost difference between a loaded STS and an STS-V.

Jpjr
08-05-08, 03:43 PM
So you think the only real difference between an 08 / 09 CTS and a CTS-V is in the power plant ? Come on dude, the CTS-V actually has the electronic e-brake button in it vs a blank. :D

Look at the cost difference between a loaded STS and an STS-V.

I am kidding around, not trying to argue :)

My point is best illustrated with an example:

The C6 base Vette had all kinds of new technology and design from the C5 base Vette, yet it actually debuted with a lower sticker price.

Often times the standard upgrades that go along with rolling a model forward have less to do with price than does the marketing/slotting of the vehicle.

With the 09 V2, I don't think it literally costs GM $18k more to build it than the V1. I think a lot of that premium is based on where comparably equipped vehicles sell. In other words, I think the profit margin on the V2 is much higher than the V1, all esle equal but increased output.

CIWS
08-05-08, 05:22 PM
With the 09 V2, I don't think it literally costs GM $18k more to build it than the V1. I think a lot of that premium is based on where comparably equipped vehicles sell. In other words, I think the profit margin on the V2 is much higher than the V1, all esle equal but increased output.

I certainly don't think it cost that much more to build. But in relation to MSRP, that's probably about where it's going to sell for. At least initially, depends on what the economy does after that. :)

Rich H
08-05-08, 10:09 PM
The price we all paid for the V1 has absolutely nothing to do with what GM will decide the base price of the V2 will be. The V1 is history and will not be in the marketplace to compete with the V2. GM will price the V2 to compete with similar cars that a buyer could choose from at the same point in time. If GM makes more or less profit on the V2 vs V1 that is strictly a function of future demand in a particular car segment and how it compares to the competition. Personally, I think the V2 will easily compete at $68K with any 4 door luxury performance sedan although we all know that GM has the future M5 in their sights.

V-Love
08-05-08, 10:41 PM
Its not what it costs GM for the upgrades. Its what we will pay at the time. They have to move them once they make them. I think they are waiting so long to release the pricing because things are a little tough now. If things get better and fuel prices keep droppin', they can ask a little more.

Jpjr
08-06-08, 12:09 AM
The price we all paid for the V1 has absolutely nothing to do with what GM will decide the base price of the V2 will be. The V1 is history and will not be in the marketplace to compete with the V2. GM will price the V2 to compete with similar cars that a buyer could choose from at the same point in time. If GM makes more or less profit on the V2 vs V1 that is strictly a function of future demand in a particular car segment and how it compares to the competition. Personally, I think the V2 will easily compete at $68K with any 4 door luxury performance sedan although we all know that GM has the future M5 in their sights.

?? Having the option to price this car between $60-70k while still being in the same segment gives them huge discretion on margin. Any price in this range still puts them in the same class and would be within the expectations of this forum from what I have read. It all comes down to margin versus volume.

CIWS
08-06-08, 08:14 AM
The other pricing factor that may come into effect for some potential owners would be the way GMAC is changing their leases now. Not sure if or how it will affect the V2, but it's something else that could remove some potential owners who were looking at leasing one.

Cadillac Tony
08-06-08, 08:30 AM
Just to clear a few things up:

The 2008+ CTS was brought to the market with an extremely low margin for the Dealers in an attempt to guarantee the car's success. I think everyone at GM knew they were sitting on a winner, and they wanted to be sure that the magazines and the public would be stunned at the price point for such a nice car. Over the last 12 months, the MSRP has slowly increased by approximately $2,500, part to give Dealers a little more margin and partly due to rising costs of steel, copper and other materials.

As far as cost comparisons to the first generation V6 CTS, keep in mind that even though the CTS is a lot nicer than Gen.1, there's not a lot of more expensive items on it- a lot of styling changes that improved the car, but not much to raise the cost. The 2008s don't have paddle shifters, still have cast iron rotors, the same wheel sizes, 235 tires, a Naturally Aspirated 3.6L engine, etc, etc. The V model is going to have a bunch of items that cost quite a bit more than the equipment on the Gen.1 V, such as the two piece rotors, larger and wider wheels, wider tires, larger engine, Supercharger, intercooler, extra pulleys, magnetic ride control, Alcantara steering wheel, etc.... I know it seems like an easy comparison to make, but there's a little more to it.

Also keep in mind that a Gen.1 V6 CTS could barely get up to $45k, even loaded. A gen.1 V with FG2 and a roof was $55k ($10k difference for those keeping score at home). It's now possible to get a V6 CTS up to around $54k, so a $10k difference would put the V at $64k base. If they pull that off with the added cost of all the things mentioned above, it's a hell of a deal.

atdeneve
08-06-08, 11:12 AM

The 2008+ CTS was brought to the market with an extremely low margin for the Dealers in an attempt to guarantee the car's success. I think everyone at GM knew they were sitting on a winner, and they wanted to be sure that the magazines and the public would be stunned at the price point for such a nice car. Over the last 12 months, the MSRP has slowly increased by approximately $2,500, part to give Dealers a little more margin and partly due to rising costs of steel, copper and other materials.

As far as cost comparisons to the first generation V6 CTS, keep in mind that even though the CTS is a lot nicer than Gen.1, there's not a lot of more expensive items on it- a lot of styling changes that improved the car, but not much to raise the cost. The 2008s don't have paddle shifters, still have cast iron rotors, the same wheel sizes, 235 tires, a Naturally Aspirated 3.6L engine, etc, etc. The V model is going to have a bunch of items that cost quite a bit more than the equipment on the Gen.1 V, such as the two piece rotors, larger and wider wheels, wider tires, larger engine, Supercharger, intercooler, extra pulleys, magnetic ride control, Alcantara steering wheel, etc.... I know it seems like an easy comparison to make, but there's a little more to it.

Also keep in mind that a Gen.1 V6 CTS could barely get up to $45k, even loaded. A gen.1 V with FG2 and a roof was $55k ($10k difference for those keeping score at home). It's now possible to get a V6 CTS up to around $54k, so a $10k difference would put the V at $64k base. If they pull that off with the added cost of all the things mentioned above, it's a hell of a deal.

I don't know about 54k. With a build on Cadillac's site, the maximum I reach, without AWD, is 47,865. AWD would tack on another 1900 to bring it to 49,765. Still 4,000 shy of the 54 you've got above. But, since the V won't have AWD, 10,000 above a similar base CTS would yield approximately 58 for an 09 V.

Sure, if you start tacking on redundant packages, I can get just shy of 60K, but that'd be misleading. In fact, I'm not sure why the site even allows certain packages to be selectable in combination when it would just be the same content being paid for repeatedly. Makes no sense. A fully loaded base CTS comes in at just about 50K. Just under 48K without AWD.

Me thinks a fully loaded 09 V at 58K would be lovely.

Cadillac Tony
08-06-08, 11:20 AM
Regardless, my point is that the difference between the base CTS and the V is no longer just "larger versions" of the same stuff. It didn't cost any extra to manufacture the FG2 shocks on the 07 CTS-V than the FE3 shocks on the 07 CTS, but it sure costs more to manufacture the Magnetic Ride system than the FE3. Similarly, the base 07 CTS had cast iron rotors, while the V simply had larger cast iron rotors- not much price difference. Two piece rotors add more cost to the 09. The 07's had the same rear as the V6, while the cast iron rear diff in the 09 V costs more than the aluminum piece in the base. And so on......

All I'm saying is that the differences between the CTS and V have grown far more substantial for the second generation. Where the first V just used bigger pieces of the same construction from the V6, the new model uses some more exotic parts. The price differential between the two will reflect that.

Bluhair
08-06-08, 02:06 PM
It's a bargain!

Rich H
08-06-08, 02:24 PM
?? Having the option to price this car between $60-70k while still being in the same segment gives them huge discretion on margin. Any price in this range still puts them in the same class and would be within the expectations of this forum from what I have read. It all comes down to margin versus volume.

I think you can already assume the production volume on this car will be low. Plus you can't necessarily assume that GM intends to make any significant profit on this segment. They may just be keeping it alive, so to speak, in anticipation of springing the V coupe on the market sometime in the future.

The major point of my post is that you can't predict the price of the V2 based on the value added for the V1. They are completely different cars now and a better comparison is the V2 against the new 2008 CTS as is pointed out in this thread.

Jpjr
08-06-08, 03:59 PM
All of these are good points.

HiTechRV
08-06-08, 09:19 PM
On the V1, the small block cost less than the 3.6. Don't confuse cost and price.

Catera Touring Sedan - OOPS! - CTS was the watershed car that took Cadillac from being a frumpy old man's brand to a contender. The V's took Cadillac from being a contenter to the leader in luxury performance.

CTS-V - think halo car.

NormV
08-06-08, 09:44 PM
Tony has offered KY in one post, the Vasoline in another. Get the picture?!

Figure mid-$70's with gas guzzler tax. :)

Still a bargain!

Norm

Regardless, my point is that the difference between the base CTS and the V is no longer just "larger versions" of the same stuff. It didn't cost any extra to manufacture the FG2 shocks on the 07 CTS-V than the FE3 shocks on the 07 CTS, but it sure costs more to manufacture the Magnetic Ride system than the FE3. Similarly, the base 07 CTS had cast iron rotors, while the V simply had larger cast iron rotors- not much price difference. Two piece rotors add more cost to the 09. The 07's had the same rear as the V6, while the cast iron rear diff in the 09 V costs more than the aluminum piece in the base. And so on......

All I'm saying is that the differences between the CTS and V have grown far more substantial for the second generation. Where the first V just used bigger pieces of the same construction from the V6, the new model uses some more exotic parts. The price differential between the two will reflect that.

RightTurn
08-07-08, 08:15 AM
All executive and "magazine" cars left the plant on Friday 8/1 and the first batch of saleable cars will start either this Monday or next Monday. Hope to be able to provide proof later in the week.

Any updates, Woody??

Woody_MI
08-07-08, 11:04 PM
Well, it's already Thursday and I haven't received "the call" yet. If I get the call tomorrow, I won't be able to get away to check it out so it looks like next week at the earliest. Sorry all, but I'm just as dissapointed as you. You will all be the second ones to know as I'll post from my phone as soon as I'm done. :highfive:

V-Love
08-09-08, 03:21 AM

The word around the plant is $68k (don't know if that is base or not and the STS-V jumps to $81k) which is around what all of the wise members of this forum speculated.

Left the plant, 8/1/08..... arrived in testers hands, 8/2/08.....GIANT smiles on testers faces, 8/2.5/08.
Are you talkin' smack? Its 8/9/8 and I ain't heard or read a thing.

V-Love
08-09-08, 03:23 AM
Well, it's already Thursday and I haven't received "the call" yet. If I get the call tomorrow, I won't be able to get away to check it out so it looks like next week at the earliest. Sorry all, but I'm just as dissapointed as you. You will all be the second ones to know as I'll post from my phone as soon as I'm done. :highfive:

Oh yeah. Missed that.

atdeneve
08-09-08, 01:41 PM

I don't know about 54k. With a build on Cadillac's site, the maximum I reach, without AWD, is 47,865. AWD would tack on another 1900 to bring it to 49,765. Still 4,000 shy of the 54 you've got above. But, since the V won't have AWD, 10,000 above a similar base CTS would yield approximately 58 for an 09 V.

Sure, if you start tacking on redundant packages, I can get just shy of 60K, but that'd be misleading. In fact, I'm not sure why the site even allows certain packages to be selectable in combination when it would just be the same content being paid for repeatedly. Makes no sense. A fully loaded base CTS comes in at just about 50K. Just under 48K without AWD.

Me thinks a fully loaded 09 V at 58K would be lovely.

Although I wasn't really addressing that point, I got what you were sayin about the difference in relative changes for the 2nd gen. Actually, I was just going off of your 10K difference comparison and saw an opportunity to rationalize a more appetizing price point. So, I just input the actual prices and came up with a wishful 58K. Really, the only point of my post was wanting to see the 58K mark.

But, now that you bring it up, I do kinda disagree, technically. It's just that I don't think those odd bits and ends that make and distinguish the V from the base CTS add up to 20K+. Yes, the rotors on the V are a composite cast (still not a two piece, though). But I still don't see those as requiring a huge increase in manufacturing costs. The process is not novel. The concept and application is. It's not gonna require new machinery and tooling.

Larger wheels also hardly add any markup. Take a look at high end custom wheels. What's the difference in price between 18s and 19s. Larger tires? C'mon. There are many instances where larger tires are actually cheaper than smaller ones (in regards to both diameter and width). It's not really linear. And the difference is nil there, as well. Alcantara steering wheel? How's about I throw in 50 bucks for that? No, make it a 100. I mean, really, does that raise the manufacturing costs of the steering wheel by that much? It's only a change in the material used? Leather or synthetic microfiber. Hmmm. Nope, I don't really see a large increase in manufacturing costs there.

Likewise, I don't see the cast iron diff being much more expensive than the aluminum diff, if at all. The process is not different. In fact, I would think the material cost for aluminum would be more than that of cast iron. The only increase in cost that I can imagine being incurred would be the increased wear on drill bits and/or the use of harder more expensive drill bits. But, again, almost negligible, as I see it.

The engine? I don't see that engine as being any more expensive than the LS6 (which was hand-built, right?), aside from the supercharger. In fact, the engine itself is probably cheaper than the LS6. So, maybea couple thousand more for the addition of a supercharger. The shocks are costlier by nature of their relative complexity, yes. So, a couple thousand there.

All in all, I don't see how these individual enhancements add up to more than 20,000 dollars. I just don't. The composite cast brakes, larger wheels, larger tires, synthetic microfiber steering wheel and shift knob, cast iron diff; they're all a couple hundred dollars more expensive, at most. The supercharger and the shocks would add a couple thousand. Taken in whole, I can see a 10-15K markup, but definitely not 20K+. So, 58-63K sound better? Sounds good to me.

Granted, I'm only referring to a price mark up dictated by the actual increase in manufacturing/material costs. As you were. I'm not saying the 2nd gen V priced above 58-63K, at whatever it ends up being, is not worth it. I'm just saying that I don't necessarily agree that the projected price increase reflects the price increase of the individual upgraded parts. Again, I never said or intend to imply that it does or does not warrant whatever the price increase will be. Cuz, it often is the case that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. But, I still think 58-63K would be nice, no? :D

atdeneve
08-09-08, 01:44 PM
V-Love, let's get a look see at a larger version of that pic in your avatar.

Cadillac Tony
08-09-08, 02:20 PM
I still think 58-63K would be nice, no? :D

Yes, I do. :D

V-Love
08-09-08, 07:43 PM
V-Love, let's get a look see at a larger version of that pic in your avatar.

I tried. I clicked on insert image. How do I enter a URL? Its just a pic in my document file. I'm so feeble that I had to email to Urb so he could make it my avatar.

Jpjr
08-09-08, 10:58 PM
All in all, I don't see how these individual enhancements add up to more than 20,000 dollars. I just don't. The composite cast brakes, larger wheels, larger tires, synthetic microfiber steering wheel and shift knob, cast iron diff; they're all a couple hundred dollars more expensive, at most. The supercharger and the shocks would add a couple thousand. Taken in whole, I can see a 10-15K markup, but definitely not 20K+. So, 58-63K sound better? Sounds good to me.

Granted, I'm only referring to a price mark up dictated by the actual increase in manufacturing/material costs. As you were. I'm not saying the 2nd gen V priced above 58-63K, at whatever it ends up being, is not worth it. I'm just saying that I don't necessarily agree that the projected price increase reflects the price increase of the individual upgraded parts. Again, I never said or intend to imply that it does or does not warrant whatever the price increase will be. Cuz, it often is the case that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. But, I still think 58-63K would be nice, no? :D

Bottom line is that the additional costs will not add up to $18-20k, I 100% agree. There is more margin in the V2 than the V1 at the $65-70k price point.

charheep
08-15-08, 01:16 PM
If there are saleable units being built or nearly being built, shouldnt there be a press release on pricing? Am I missing something?

lawfive
08-15-08, 01:36 PM
GM doesn't have anything to gain by releasing price info this early.

Woody_MI
08-20-08, 03:09 PM
OK, I'm freshly back from ****** and have pictures. These are just from my iPhone (aka not great), and I have a couple of more that I have on a point & shoot (figured the D200 would be a little to obvious).

ok, only managed to get one picture off the phone as I forgot my cable so I'll publish more late tonight or tomorrow morning....sorry.

urbanski
08-20-08, 03:49 PM
well there she is guys

jashearer
08-20-08, 05:46 PM
Gahhh!!! Pan to the right and take a picture of the sticker :o

chrisminshall
08-20-08, 08:40 PM
Since you've been close enough to the car to see the sticker, can you drop any hints on what the sticker price is?

BTW - Cool pic!

OK, I'm freshly back from ****** and have pictures. These are just from my iPhone (aka not great), and I have a couple of more that I have on a point & shoot (figured the D200 would be a little to obvious).

ok, only managed to get one picture off the phone as I forgot my cable so I'll publish more late tonight or tomorrow morning....sorry.

Jpjr
08-20-08, 09:39 PM

thanks woody!! you put your money where your mouth is, great to see the new V with a sticker on it.

RightTurn
08-20-08, 11:14 PM
well there she is guys

:drool:

Woody_MI
08-21-08, 01:04 AM
As promised, here are the rest of the pix. I know some are blurry, but trying to sneak pictures and using a cheap P&S camera....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=330

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=329

Can I get this now?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=326

USB and AUX port
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=327

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=332

And now, the most disappointing picture...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=333

:mob:

It appears that this is a saleable executive car. I guess that would explain why it's automatic :Poke:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=331

wetVdreams
08-21-08, 01:10 AM
wow... so this means the public release is not that close at all huh? beautiful cars though thanks bro...

PS: more pics of the chick in the driver seat i spot some nice legs =)

urbanski
08-21-08, 06:51 AM
she's all spotty :(

Woody_MI
08-21-08, 07:50 AM

That is from the water test they perform on every car coming off the line. They have this big torrential rain creating machine that simulates the worst rain condition you could imagine and then inspect the car for any leaks. It's pretty impressive seeing all of the quality control processes they have in place before a car is allowed to leave the factory.

Woody_MI
08-21-08, 07:52 AM

I just now noticed that there were nice legs in the pictres ;)

CIWS
08-21-08, 08:06 AM
I just now noticed that there were nice legs in the pictres ;)

I noticed that right when I first saw it and was going to call you a chick, before I saw your manly fingers and jeans :D

RightTurn
08-21-08, 08:31 AM
Sigh. That is one beautiful car. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Silver -V-
08-21-08, 09:41 AM
Woody -

Do you know what the capped off section on the intake hose is for?

(I circled it in the photo you posted -)

urbanski
08-21-08, 09:48 AM
That is from the water test they perform on every car coming off the line. They have this big torrential rain creating machine that simulates the worst rain condition you could imagine and then inspect the car for any leaks. It's pretty impressive seeing all of the quality control processes they have in place before a car is allowed to leave the factory.

thats cool but those hard water spots are a bitch on paint

Cadillac Tony
08-21-08, 10:05 AM
Woody -

Do you know what the capped off section on the intake hose is for?

(I circled it in the photo you posted -)

It's a Helmholtz resonator. They're designed to eliminate annoying intake resonance that occurs at certain speeds during testing, and most all modern cars have them in one shape or another.

urbanski
08-21-08, 10:28 AM

Jpjr
08-21-08, 10:50 AM
It's a Helmholtz resonator. They're designed to eliminate annoying intake resonance that occurs at certain speeds during testing, and most all modern cars have them in one shape or another.

At first look I thought it was a plug for the MAF sensor, but after reading your post you are probably right.

P-Funk
08-21-08, 11:23 AM
Nice pics. :drool:

I thought you were talking about the legs.

Varsity
08-21-08, 03:51 PM
wow... so this means the public release is not that close at all huh? beautiful cars though thanks bro...

Am I missing something? :suspect:

Woody_MI
08-21-08, 05:22 PM
Am I missing something? :suspect:

Yes, my friend asked me to remove the pictures that they could possibly be identified.

Here are the edited pix:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=356

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=355

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=354

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=353

urbanski
08-21-08, 05:37 PM
i can ID ur finger :p

V-Love
08-21-08, 09:34 PM
woody -

do you know what the capped off section on the intake hose is for?

(i circled it in the photo you posted -)

nitrous!

RightTurn
08-21-08, 09:37 PM

Left index? :alchi:

Woody_MI
08-21-08, 10:50 PM

:peeking: Good thing I'm not the one who works there ;)

RightTurn
08-21-08, 11:02 PM
Seriously, thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

V-Love
08-22-08, 12:10 AM
1st mod - rip out that dash clock and put me in a digital.
2nd mod - cover that airbag with some suede to match the optional steering wheel.
Looks like the ash tray is in that same genius position.

csp3000
08-22-08, 01:09 PM
1st mod - rip out that dash clock and put me in a digital.
2nd mod - cover that airbag with some suede to match the optional steering wheel.
Looks like the ash tray is in that same genius position.

I like clock...

Oh and the first mod is headers and exhaust with a dyno tune...:D

lawfive
08-22-08, 02:10 PM
:no mods: