: V coming back from Madmans next week

rlj5
08-01-08, 05:53 PM
The V is coming home from Madmans next week. Said the 9" was done, Just waiting on fuel rails.
One of the fuel rails was bad & leaking , So got new ones shipped and they sent the wrong ones. Supposed to overnight them and will have them Monday morning. Then Madman needs to put a few miles on it and make sure there aren't any problems.
Next week I finally get my V back and hope I can keep it long enough to do some test/ runs at the track

Civardi
08-01-08, 06:33 PM
How long was she gone total?

rlj5
08-01-08, 07:09 PM
How long was she gone total?

Only been at Madmans for about a month, But it's been several other places the last year and a half. I've only had it off and on a couple months since December '06. Hope this is it

CTSV_510
08-01-08, 07:24 PM
Good news! I can't wait to see some videos.

RGRATTAN
08-01-08, 07:28 PM
RLJ5 is my idol!

That beast is going to be the business!

STAGEUP
08-01-08, 07:41 PM
Sounds awesome! BTW, nice feature in "GM HIGH TECH PERFORMANCE MAG"!

Post some pics, and video!

rlj5
08-01-08, 07:52 PM
Sounds awesome! BTW, nice feature in "GM HIGH TECH PERFORMANCE MAG"!

Post some pics, and video!

Thanks Stageup, & I hope I can keep it long enough this time to get some video

rand49er
08-01-08, 08:15 PM
Wished you coulda been at Summit Point. Would've loved to see your car. Hope this rearend can handle that power.

BTW, your neighbor is doing a Viper rearend in his V.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963753

rlj5
08-01-08, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=rand49er;1594775]Wished you coulda been at Summit Point. Would've loved to see your car. Hope this rearend can handle that power.

BTW, your neighbor is doing a Viper rearend in his V.

This has got to handle it, not much left after this except a solid axle and I just didn't want that at all.
Saw the Viper rear end thing, Don't know anything about the Viper rear and how it'll handle the V weight with the high torque. But I hope it works for him.

onebadcad
08-01-08, 11:05 PM
Hope the rear is all that is promised/believed/wished for...
Let us know when you make it down to SoFlo, as I am sure a few of us V owners will get together for a little exhibition, I was gonna say meet, but I think a few spirited runs will be more fun than bellying up to the bar and talking about our cars.

Washin
08-02-08, 01:43 PM
Keep us posted as to your experience with Madman. Both the build and the finished product. Thanks :)