: First Photo Shoot dramas

Naf
07-31-08, 10:13 AM
Ok, I got my car yesterday from the body shop. Wanted to start the car but couldnt...Dead Batt, and noticed the key wasnt all the way back...Rookie mistake...NO worries.. Got a Jump and drove over to the tire shop where i had everything waitin for me...PLaced in the sensors and dry fitted the wheels. The 18x8.5 fit nicely up front, but the 18x9.5 needs a spacer IF i am to go that route later...

I had them mount the tire on the wheel and Allah have mercy on my soul we had a problem with both front tires...The valve mount was leakin....DAM IT....I took a walk and bought a couple of o-rings....They work, so i am not going to push my luck...

Got the tires on the wheels the wheels on the car and drove off to meet up with my bro at the sushi place...The car started no worries and i got home nice and safely...

Next day i wanted to start the car and BATT SAVER popped on...HUH!!
Got my batt charger, but it was broke...Pulled up the Tahoe next to it and VROOM!!! it started...Took it out for a nice drive and no worries...Got to the marina and had some O J. Batt dead, needed a jump...Came home and my bro needed me, but before i took off i disabled the rear diff cooler...Just in case...Got to my bros apt and fixed his internet issues, but again dead batt...My bro Had to get to the airport ASAP so i called GM road side. I got a nice lady on the line and she got me connected to a guy...I said i needed a jump how long...1-2 hours...AH NO!!!
She called another guy 5-10 mins, cool here are my directions you got it, he replies yes, you know where i am again he replies yes 30 mins later i get a call. Where are you again he askes, i explain once again...the ambiant temp is about 125+ right about now, i am in jeans and t-shirt no water and sweatin...I told him my instructions...20 mins later he calls, he completely missed me and is across town. i FKD him off Swore like there was no tomorrow. The nice lady calls me i lay the law on her as well...i filed a complaint with GM and i called my friend WHO HAPPENS to be the GM for sales and he hears the story...My friend gives me a jump and explains this is a warranty job and on sat come in for a free batt swap...

So i got home parked the car in the shade, swapped my outfit and took a nice swim...

Now rested and replenished, i have the strength and will power to post my first photo shoot of the FIRST and ONLY Modified V in the WHOLE middle east...

ENJOY

jjava99
07-31-08, 10:18 AM
Sweet looking ride.
You wear "an outfit"? ;)

CIWS
07-31-08, 10:22 AM
AlhamduAllah, the car look great !

LUVMY04V
07-31-08, 10:34 AM
spector werkes spoiler FTW!

Car Looks Awesome naf!!

Naf
07-31-08, 10:36 AM
Sweet looking ride.
You wear "an outfit"? ;)

Outfit, I dont need so stinkin outfit...

i got my threads, my jeans, and sometimes when i feel frisky my shorts...

CTSV_510
07-31-08, 12:58 PM
Look great Naf!

125? ewww...

buf05CTSV
07-31-08, 01:05 PM
Very nice. It seems to me like American cars are really popular in Kuwait?

atdeneve
07-31-08, 01:24 PM
Any close up of the brakes?

You got the Brembo BBK, right - 15s? Did you go with the World Championship groove pattern? Front calipers, as well?

Wicked_V
07-31-08, 02:25 PM
Whoa, looks good man. Way to represent. :rockon:

dqw1
07-31-08, 04:51 PM
Are your windows tinted? Nice wheels.

Naf
08-01-08, 03:39 AM
Are your windows tinted? Nice wheels.

YUP LLUMAR 35L tint all the way around

Vee
08-01-08, 11:39 AM
Very Cool and Unique pictures !! Hmmm...What's the price of gas in Kuwait?

Naf
08-01-08, 12:07 PM
So cheap that if i put the price for 105 octane most of you will move here...

DRKSIDE
08-01-08, 12:20 PM
So cheap that if i put the price for 105 octane most of you will move here...

Been there - wouldn't move for FREE gas, car and house. How much for a Klondike bar?

USA=:cloud9:

Car looks awesome! Don't take your date to the beach. :hide:

RGRATTAN
08-01-08, 01:46 PM
Nice NAF!
I think that a lot of guys out there like running Skylines and Supras it's good to see some pushrod HP in your neighborhood.

Naf
08-01-08, 02:31 PM
Skyline and supras? I think you got it all wrong, most of them here are runnin Lumina SS, Camaros, Mustangs, Nissan Z280s and finally Z350s. More big V-8s then little rice racers due to the heat...can run faster gears at lower rpm

At least i bring a little bit of class...Saw another V on the road today the other Black V...Smoked tail lenses...Thats about all he has done...

And oddly enough i was at the beach today...Loved the long drive 90mph the whole way....Well till i saw radar traps and i slowed down to about 75mph... average was 24.5MPG

I think you all can do the math...filled up my tank from FUMES to the brime for less than 18$ for the 105 octane...Drinkin Water is more expensive then the fuel i fill the tank with...

STAGEUP
08-01-08, 08:38 PM
SHip us over a few barrels!

JD03Cobra
08-01-08, 09:30 PM
Car looks great! What kind of wheels and size? Very nice...

DRKSIDE
08-02-08, 12:22 AM
Drinkin Water is more expensive then the fuel i fill the tank with...

Drinking water is average $1.00 for a 16 oz. here. There are 8 of those in a gallon so that puts drinking water at $8 per gallon. Hell, drinking water is more expensive than any gas price I have ever seen! :D

I filled up my car for $18... in '80 something! Would be nice to have those prices again! I wish the USA had it's own oil so we don't have to depend on other countries for us to produce the gasoline we use! :stirpot:

Naf
08-02-08, 02:09 AM
Car looks great! What kind of wheels and size? Very nice...

HRE C22

18x8.5 up front with 255 width tires (VERY TIGHT WITH THE KNUCKLE)
18x9.5 in the rear with 275 width tires

very stable on the turns and with the right amount of grip...

UnsafeAtAnySpd
08-02-08, 03:00 AM
Is there something done to the headlights? The gray area looks painted or something. Also, what's the first part of the doola? al kuwait on the plate mean?

Naf
08-02-08, 07:57 AM
My headlights came stock lookin like that....I was hopin they would be black, but grey is the only way they come...

My license plate is the new design...It means kuwait country, and the sect is 4 then my number...Its a change from the old design, where it had the district written in arabic and not understandable by expats...

UnsafeAtAnySpd
08-02-08, 10:39 AM
Oh. I know they only come in that lame grey but it in some of the pictures it looks like you had done something to them to make them look darker. I guess not.

Forgot to say in the last post- car is looking good!