: Replacement wiper blades

LuvMyV8
07-30-08, 02:08 PM
Dealership quoted me $29.99 each. I tried Anco, and they looked the same, but fitment is different.

Anyone found them any cheaper? I find it hard to believe that only the dealership carries them.

BaTu
07-30-08, 03:11 PM
You've just got to find a better dealership ;)

Try -> www.gmotors.com I just bought a set for my '05 and got Both for under that! (plus shipping of course, but I was also "stocking-up" on filters and stuff anyway)

LuvMyV8
07-30-08, 03:25 PM
Thanks - I emailed them for a quote.

My dealership is so bad that I now go through the Chevrolet dealer for everything, and they'll even work on it. The service manager made a point to meet me and tell me how glad they were to have my business.

jono6406
07-30-08, 03:43 PM
Try www.buy-oem-parts.com. They are $18.58 each

Jono

pjbizjak
07-30-08, 07:53 PM
www.gmpartshouse.com $19.29 ea

BaTu
07-30-08, 08:22 PM
I just looked at the receipt I got from Brasington (the url I posted) they were $17.40 ( I guess I didn't get them BOTH for under $30. ;) )

rb92gt
07-30-08, 09:34 PM
More options I buy from: cadillacpartsusa.com or gmpartsdirect.com
If you order over a certain amount from cadillacpartsusa.com, shipping is free.

LuvMyV8
07-31-08, 10:05 AM
Brasington quoted me $17.83 each, but $10 for shipping, which I thought was high for two wiper blades. I'll check into the others.

The dealership offered to sell them to me for $25 each when I talked with them a second time.

pjbizjak
07-31-08, 11:33 AM
Shipping is going to be $8 - $10 from most of the above mentioned parts houses.

pjbizjak
07-31-08, 11:57 AM
OK, I did some more checking and it looks like www.gmpartsdirect.com is the cheapest $15.45 ea & $14.35 shipping for both.

rb92gt
07-31-08, 09:52 PM
Just a heads up: the L and R blades are actually different sizes, so make sure you are getting the correct blades.

justgreat
08-02-08, 09:23 AM
stick with theoem blades over aftermarket...they will last longer...in fact, your blades might not need replacing, just some maintenance: take a box cutter type blade or an exacto knife and run it along the wiping edge of the blades, you'll be surprised at how much better they will swipe.

another tip is to take the blades off the car or put newspaper under the blades and cover the car/windshield for overspary and hit the blades with silicone spray...this will bring the blades back from the dead..it restores the suppleness and moisture to the blades. i have had oem blades for years and they worked fine with these simple steps.

jackg
06 sts6

FastEddie50
08-02-08, 01:31 PM
I bought Trico Neoforms for $17/each. Fit and function is perfect. No need to buy the OEM versions in my view. I have a 2006 DTS

LuvMyV8
08-27-08, 12:22 PM
On the Trico blades, did you have to do anything special to make them clip on? The ones I've looked at didn't have an adaptor that worked.

I wish it was just a maintenance issue, but both blades have started to shred right in the middle. The edge is coming off.

MARKVIII
08-28-08, 07:46 AM
i bought mine from gm parts .. both for $40 plus shipping about 5 months ago. i put them on about a week ago.

Aurora5000
08-28-08, 11:54 AM
You can buy OTC from Advance auto. Set less than $40.

LuvMyV8
08-28-08, 01:06 PM
Will they actually fit? I've tried Anco and Trico, but the bracket is different and even the adaptors don't fit.

Aurora5000
08-29-08, 09:01 AM
No adapters. Yes, they actually do fit. Give them year and model and 2 different ones pull up. One is longer than the other. The mounting hardware look different than OEM blades buth they do fit on and tight. Had mine about a year, no complaints and no $75 at dealership only items, just like the batteries. :)

LuvMyV8
08-29-08, 09:22 AM
They didn't have the OTC, but did have the Trico Neoform. I had tried a different Trico, and it wouldn't work. Neoform did.

Thanks to this forum, I found the blades. Advance's computer said they didn't have anything that would fit (like O'Reily's and Auto Zone), so he said he'd let the company know that these would work so that they can update their system.

Only paid $39 for the set!

nguyendot
08-29-08, 12:44 PM
Walmart has them - they're the armless Goodyears.
Also if you can find the Rain-x latitude-2 (yes dash-2), they will fit as well.

I got the armless Goodyears (forget the model) from walmart for $14.99 each. Half the price of dealer and they work amazingly well.

I tried autozone, oreillys, advance, etc. None had them. This goes for the air filter too (you have to order it!?).

Odd walmart had it -their selection sucks. You have to remove the normal U hook adapter and stick the GM adapter on for it to work. Took about 30 sec each blade to replace.

Keep in mind not all Walmarts have them though.

mike sts
09-14-08, 09:52 AM
The top of line bosc icon from local parts store look exactly like the oem. Does bosch make the OEM wipers? I picked these up for around 40.00 for both at pep boys

Aurora5000
09-17-08, 10:20 AM
I believe the OEM are Bosch, not 100% sure.

BlackedouT STS
10-11-08, 12:58 AM
Just got a set of Trico NEOFORMS today and they fit great. It took a while to find them b/c they have two different mounting systems available in both sizes. To make it easier here are the part numbers for the wipers. Driver Side: 16-2213
Passenger Side: 16-2113

d_adams1
12-18-08, 12:39 AM
my dealer quoted me 49.99 each

Benjamin Simon
12-18-08, 01:10 AM
With the trico neoform wipers, is it possible to purchase a refill?

Jesda
12-18-08, 07:45 AM
Sears carries Michelin blades. Expensive though at $15 a piece.

DCG3
12-22-08, 09:56 PM
Have to say Bosch Icons are the best blades I have ever had

Cliff8928
12-23-08, 02:22 AM
I definitely agree with the Bosch ICON blades. I've had them on my Olds for over 3 years now!

slotkar
01-11-09, 07:09 PM
***************** PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ****************

This review only applies to Rain-X Latitude-2 wiper blade designed for what Rain-X describes as Insert & Lock (I&L) wiper arms. This 22 wiper blade fits all 2007 and later models of Cadillac Escalade (all models), Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Sierra and Yukon amongst other manufacturers.

This wiper blade was purchased because of a recommendation in the November 2008 issue of Consumers Reports. In all fairness to CR only the Rain-X Latitude non dash 2 were tested.

The attachment for the blade to the wiper arm is not very robust (unlike the original General Motors OEM blades for Pinch Tab Wiper Arms) and keeps disengaging from the arm when it is lifted for cleaning the windshield (of snow and ice). The metal shoe which is fastened to the blade detaches easily from the plastic arm attachment device. These wiper blades are more expensive then others and yet their attachment method is not as secure as the original OEM blades. It could be quite possible for the Rain-X Latitude-2 to disengage from the wiper arm while driving (in a storm)! Apparently Rain-X did not test this design with snow and ice on the windshield. What was wrong with the OEM attachment design?

These wiper blade were purchased directly from Rain-X. Contacting Rain-X regarding this issue has been an exercise in futility. They have not recognized the seriousness of this issue.

Force-1
01-11-09, 08:32 PM
Just got a set of Trico NEOFORMS today and they fit great. It took a while to find them b/c they have two different mounting systems available in both sizes. To make it easier here are the part numbers for the wipers. Driver Side: 16-2213
Passenger Side: 16-2113

Thanks for the tip. :cheers:

I ordered these from Amazon.com, $33.98 delivered, and they were easy to install.

slotkar
01-13-09, 05:43 PM
I ordered a pair of the Trico 16-2213 ($14.48 ea) and the rear wiper blade Trico 12-E ($7.94) from RockAuto and the total price including shipping was $44.05 and the delivery was fast. Very satified.

These blades are far better than the Rain-X Latitude-2's !

MathewSommers
01-13-09, 08:45 PM
The trico Neoform are not listed as being compatable either on the Amazon or Trico website ... can you guys confirm fitment on a 2008 STS?
Thanks
-Matt

Force-1
01-13-09, 08:59 PM
The trico Neoform are not listed as being compatable either on the Amazon or Trico website ... can you guys confirm fitment on a 2008 STS?
Thanks
-Matt

See my post above--I just installed them on my '06 STS, perfect fit, easy install.

MathewSommers
01-13-09, 09:43 PM
See my post above--I just installed them on my '06 STS, perfect fit, easy install.

Any difference between 2006 and 2008 for the wiper blades?

Force-1
01-14-09, 09:14 AM
Any difference between 2006 and 2008 for the wiper blades?

I can't positively guarantee that they are the same, but I don't see why the blades on an 06 and 08 would be different.

DBRUNO
01-15-09, 08:58 PM
GM Parts Direct was the cheapest I found. Take notice that the driver side is longer than the passenger. I recieved two passenger side although I ordered them correctly. GM parts direct mailed me the correct driver side at no cost to me for the mistake in packaging.

LuvMyV8
01-15-09, 10:07 PM
I've had an issue with the Neoforms. My driver side has a spot that it misses 95% of the time. Right in the middle of the blade, so its right in my line of vision. Anyone else had this problem?

PEAROB1
01-18-09, 08:57 AM
Have to say Bosch Icons are the best blades I have ever had

Ditto on the Bosch ICONS. Got some for the wifes Durango, so impressed, got some for my F150 the next day. Ordered OEM's for '07 STS though.

Aurora5000
02-01-09, 05:32 PM
ANCO has a new blade for STS Owners.It is the ANCO Profile Blade. Drivers is A-22-M Passener is A-21-M . Total for both is $39. My Trico Neoforms started missing spots after a short time in the middle and outside passenger. On the backside of the wiper box is a display of te type of mounnts it will fit. STS is the last one.The adapter used is the one with the triangle little ears on it. You slide the front on flush on top and then squish the U shape in to get the ears to fit on the other side of the little point. Might need a screwdriver and pliars to fit but once it is on, it is a VERY tight fit.

Aurora5000
02-01-09, 07:02 PM
3 hours later. The ears broke off the Anco blades I just bought. The Pep boys installer put then on, when I got home one side had the ears already broken off so I just took them back for refund. Live and learn. I guess the best ones will be the OEM via mail order from gmpartsdirect.com for 15.77 each plus shipping.

mike sts
02-01-09, 07:05 PM
has anyone put the bosc icons on their sts

harnage
08-14-09, 10:29 AM
Bosch part numbers from their site for a 2007 STS
Bosch Icon Wiper Blades
Evolution 4842 - Drivers Side
Evolution 4840 - Passenger Side

K STS
08-14-09, 02:15 PM
It also says Part number 450, ICON Front; Set

I cant seem to find them in the set, or each side as mentioned by the part number above.

KARL DAHLEN
08-14-09, 02:43 PM
Buy the

Valeo 900-22-8B Ultimate Wiper Blade - 22"
Valeo 900-21-9B Ultimate Wiper Blade - 21"

Best blades you can buy (do the research) and you can get them from Amazon for $39.75 for the pair with free shipping

K STS
08-14-09, 03:34 PM
Better than the ICON's? ive been seeing a TON of positive reviews for the ICONs.

KARL DAHLEN
08-14-09, 03:58 PM
Better than the ICON's? ive been seeing a TON of positive reviews for the ICONs.

That was my opinion when I bought them and I looked at the ICON. Fit perfectly and work great.

harnage
08-14-09, 04:09 PM
It also says Part number 450, ICON Front; Set

I cant seem to find them in the set, or each side as mentioned by the part number above.

I just ordered the Bosch from Amazon using the Evolution 4842 - Drivers Side
Evolution 4840 - Passenger Side part numbers. $11.40 per side...

K STS
08-15-09, 03:57 PM
thanks, i ordered them as well!

Force-1
08-15-09, 06:16 PM
I replaced mine with the Trico NeoForms that I got from Amazon, and they suck! Driver side leaves streak lower center, and passenger side skips a large area of about 30% of the sweep area. Not a big deal since it rarely rains here in ABQ, but troubling.

Today I bought some Goodyear Assurance blades at Costco, $7.99 each. Figured I can't go wrong, given Costco's return policy--if I don't like them, I'll get my money back.

K STS
08-18-09, 01:25 PM
Holy shit is amazing shipping fast. I got my Bosch evolution blades today, $22 shipped. Wow cant beat that. Going to install them now.

ajmasala
11-04-09, 05:22 PM
Another positive review for the Bosch Icon Wipers. They are very good - much better than the ones that came with my car. The Bosch Icon driver's side wiper was about an inch longer than the original, other than that a perfect replacement - fit right into the wiper arm, no adapters.

I ordered mine from RockAuto - there is a $15 mail-in-rebate going on them right now - would be good time to get a replacement set. The Bosch model# for two wiper set for the STS is #450.

nguyendot
11-05-09, 10:47 PM
Walmart sells them! Both RainX and Michelin brand! $15 per side.

MacMuse
11-05-09, 10:59 PM
New RainX on the wife's car - hasn't rained since -- IT'S A MIRACLE !!!!

;)

Force-1
11-06-09, 12:06 AM
I replaced mine with the Trico NeoForms that I got from Amazon, and they suck! Driver side leaves streak lower center, and passenger side skips a large area of about 30% of the sweep area. Not a big deal since it rarely rains here in ABQ, but troubling.

Today I bought some Goodyear Assurance blades at Costco, $7.99 each. Figured I can't go wrong, given Costco's return policy--if I don't like them, I'll get my money back.

I can now report that the Goodyear Assurance blades are great--no streaking, no noise, great price.

WinnipegCadillac
12-20-09, 06:42 PM
I tried the Armor-All ones from Canadian Tire - they did not appear to have an adapter that would fit. Found the Michelin ones at Costco - on sale for like $8 or $9 per blade - seem to work well so far.

trackbait
12-20-09, 11:14 PM
in fact, your blades might not need replacing, just some maintenance: take a box cutter type blade or an exacto knife and run it along the wiping edge of the blades, you'll be surprised at how much better they will swipe.

another tip is to take the blades off the car or put newspaper under the blades and cover the car/windshield for overspary and hit the blades with silicone spray...this will bring the blades back from the dead..it restores the suppleness and moisture to the blades. i have had oem blades for years and they worked fine with these simple steps.

jackg
06 sts6

ANOTHER CHEAP TRICK THAT WORKS:

Take them off the car then wipe down with WD-40 really good with a rag. Let sit for a few minutes or so then run them through your plain ole dishwasher, blade facing down, full cycle, hot dry and they are as good as new

Guaranteed or twice your money back ! :highfive:

skozzy
12-21-09, 10:32 AM
I bought the Rain X ones, the only issue I had was some Wal Martian had opened it and took the adapter I needed out! After going back to get a diffrent one, they installed fine and I have had no issues. I installed them in Aug. and no problems since.

jeff618
12-23-09, 06:28 PM
Trico neoform beam blades - you can get them online for about $14. They work excellent.

BlackedouT STS
02-17-10, 06:23 PM
I can now report that the Goodyear Assurance blades are great--no streaking, no noise, great price.

I agree 100% Just put a set on today and they work great. Got mine at Costco as well.