: Seat rubbing center console

svtbolt2001
07-30-08, 01:43 PM
has anyone else scene this happen? It is making a squeaking noise. When I call the local dealer they said it was common and they would put some leather conditioner on it to quiet it down.

CTSV_510
07-30-08, 02:59 PM
has anyone else scene this happen? It is making a squeaking noise. When I call the local dealer they said it was common and they would put some leather conditioner on it to quiet it down.

I have seen it happen but never scene it. <--- I think that's a board game.

Mine does it sometimes, so I just mash the throttle, then I can't hear anything.

Doctornick
07-30-08, 05:39 PM
Had that issue with mine, They need to move the console over a little. There is a little bit of room for adjustment they can make. Check how much space is on the other side(passenger) and see if maybe the whole thing can be slid over a bit.

lilred
07-30-08, 06:40 PM
Mine does the same thing when I move the seat all the way to the rear. It is the console squeaking, not the seat, so I don't think leather conditioner will do the trick. I don't see how the console can be adjusted left to right either but I will check that out. It's very annoying.

deedubb
07-30-08, 06:43 PM
Squeeze a little KY Jelly in there to lube it up.

lilred
07-30-08, 06:54 PM
How about a jelly doughnut? (flashes to Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket).

Capown
07-30-08, 08:41 PM
are you doin the pimp lean or sitting up straight? Mine only rubs when I get in and go for the seat belt at the same time my seat is going back.

Mystical_Ice
07-30-08, 08:56 PM
some of us tall (6'3") people have no choice but to lean the seat back in order to sit in the car :/

CadzillaTN
07-30-08, 09:07 PM
My console, or seat, or something is rubbing a bit. Thought it was the passenger door, or rear passenger door.. Sounds like a plastic/rubber rub/squeak... One day I will slap in some dynamat but im not keen on tearing apart the interior just yet. I never thought it would be an issue on (this) car before I bought it.

one note- I drove an 09 loaner SRX, and it had a horrible squeak on the interior maplight/roof console deal..I wanted to rip it out. Thats one thing about sound layers and the car being quieter- you can hear more small squeaks etc

lilred
07-30-08, 10:07 PM
some of us tall (6'3") people have no choice but to lean the seat back in order to sit in the car :/

:yeah: I'm 6'6" that's why I'm all the way back.

NormV
07-30-08, 10:13 PM
I think they "ate" the donut(s)! :)

Norm

How about a jelly doughnut? (flashes to Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket).

deedubb
07-31-08, 01:34 PM
:yeah: I'm 6'6" that's why I'm all the way back.

"I didn't realize they stacked shit that high. You trying to squeeze an inch in on me somewhere, huh?"

best movie ever!

NormV
07-31-08, 04:37 PM
...rough crowd. :)

Norm

Capown
07-31-08, 04:45 PM
Im talking about leaning off to the side. You know the gangsta lean!!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/blloyd6920/carshow021.jpg

lilred
07-31-08, 06:18 PM
Texas!? Only two things come outta Texas, steers and queers, so how about it? Do you suck dick? Are you a peter puffer?

Capown
07-31-08, 06:55 PM
Texas!? Only two things come outta Texas, steers and queers, so how about it? Do you suck dick? Are you a peter puffer?

You retarded boy??? I just found the pic cause I thought it was funny, and made me think about why it would rub. I say ur ass gets baned for being a prick...:thepan: where u from? San Fran, damn homo!!

lilred
07-31-08, 11:56 PM
You retarded boy??? I just found the pic cause I thought it was funny, and made me think about why it would rub. I say ur ass gets baned for being a prick...:thepan: where u from? San Fran, damn homo!!

It's a line from the movie silly. Didn't mean to offend.

Civardi
08-01-08, 03:16 AM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff309/trey14jewels/Gangsta_cat.gif

SkullV
08-01-08, 03:27 AM
Noob Fight!!!!!!!

rand49er
08-01-08, 07:12 AM
Noob Fight!!!!!!!Yeah, the air is too thin up there ... their thought process gets affected.

We normal size guys (5'10") don't have that problem. :rolleyes:

Capown
08-01-08, 11:28 AM
It's a line from the movie silly. Didn't mean to offend.

Whoops! Im sorry bro. I appolagize I thought you were referring to me, cause Im from texas and posted the stupid pic.:hide:

Mystical_Ice
08-01-08, 01:15 PM
We normal size guys (5'10") don't have that problem. :rolleyes:

that's kind of short for a guy buddy... most girls i know are 5'10" or pretty close.

deedubb
08-01-08, 02:19 PM
that's kind of short for a guy buddy... most girls i know are 5'10" or pretty close.

Hey now, I'm 5'11"....and that just means we're just more high speed, low drag. :cool2:

CadzillaTN
09-15-08, 09:36 PM
back on topic although I would rather prod the noobs into another, rare, homo fight---

make the dealer cover it under warranty if you are under factory. Its just the seat's right side rubbing because the bolster is worn (or you might weigh 400 lbs). Of course, im now under the extended pay-out-your-ass-for-nothing-unless-you-have-a-maggie-otherwise-you-dont-need-it warranty, and upholstery is not covered. (everything other than the diff blowing up, while just cruising of course, or the engine falling out on the freeway, IS NOT COVERED) DO you have to buy it, yes. Because if you search long enough you'll find a V that blew their diff in Mcds drive through with the kids in back...peace of mind

to wrap it up, cheers to the fat bastard that must have owned my V. Realized today that the seat's right bolster was rubbing the console. Now I see that its worse than I thought it was before after leaning left, then riiight. I checked the console too, its in the middle so if I adjust it to the right I am only allowing it to get worse...